• Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cherry Coke Zero is my favorite!

I like that too!
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Any preferences or should I not be drinking either?
    I personally am trying to kick my soda habit (I hate diet drinks so the only way for me is original coke lol) and I am just drinking one 5-Hour Energy everyday. But then again, a lot of people will say that's bad for you too. Choose the lesser of the evils and whatever suits you best :)
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm addicted to Diet Coke and refuse to give it up. :(
    I've tried many times and can't.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Pepsi max makes me deathly ill. Love diet dr. pepper. Tastes like the real thing!
  • msjamartin
    msjamartin Posts: 148
    Options
    Use to really like Pepsi One but can't hardly get that anywhere. I'm a Pepsi person myself for the full fledge sugar filled drink but I don't really like any of the Diet Pepsi products currently out there so if I splurge I do Coke Zero.

I know I'm weird. I like Real Pepsi and "diet" Coke. I don't really like Real Coke or "diet" Pepsi.

Then again, I only allow myself to drink any of the cola sodas when I'm at the movies. So maybe once a month.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much cut out soda completely now. I used to LOVE Coke Zero, and I have been absolutely shocked & pretty proud (*pats self on back) that I only have soda maybe every two weeks or so now. That was a big deal for me, and I was able to quit without getting the headaches that I used to get when I tried to quit. I upped my water in-take before cutting out soda & then weaning myself off. It worked really well for me!

If you are going to drink the soda I would recommend Coke Zero. I've never been a Pepsi person. I've always preferred Coke or Dr. Pepper. I also like Dr. Pepper 10. It's 20 calories for the bottle or 10 for a can (I believe). I have heard bad things about artificial sweeteners and things in sodas. I've heard that it's better to just drink the regular soda if you are going to drink soda, but I don't really care for the taste of regular soda anymore after having the Diet/Zero ones for so long. When I want a little caffeine or just something other than water, flavored water, or whatever I will usually go for the Coke Zero or Dr. Pepper 10. Anyway, my 2 cents given. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I say neither but if you must have one, I'd say Coke Zero, less sugar to me.

Neither of them has any sugar at all.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Neither. :) skipping soda all together (diet soda or not ) will increase your weight loss. Especially if you replace it with tons of water.

- ex diet coke addict. Clean for 9 months. :happy:

A beverage that has zero calories cannot contribute to weight gain. Eliminating it cannot contruibute to weight loss.

Please do not spread misinformation on our boards, thanks. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    neither, but pepsi max tastes better than coke! ;)

Nuh uh! Coze Zero tastes better! :tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Drink whatever beverage you like. :bigsmile:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Both of them are zero calorie therefore neither of them has any real sugar.

I used to like both, but I don't really like the dark colored sodas much anymore. And I agree the Pepsi Max makes me feel 'weird', once that happened I stopped drinking it.

I prefer Diet Mtn Dew. I have one or two per day usually, that's my chosen caffeine source. LOL I do try to drink mostly water, but I can't stand plain water so I use those little powder flavoring packets - the ones I get are sold at Target under the Archer Farms brand (I like the flavor much better than Crystal Light - I think it's b/c they use Stevia to sweeten them - just a personal preference b/c I like the flavor better), only 10 calories per packet plus they have added calcium.
  • phast1
    phast1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cut pop out of your diet altogether!! the more water you drink the more you love it!!
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    There has been studies shown that people who drink diet soda are mo likely to be overweight than those who drink an occasional regular soda. It has something to do with the fake sugar making you crave real sugar I guess. I know it helped me when I stopped drinking diet coke. I hit a plateau and then stopped drinking it and broke through the plateau. Worth a shot I'd say.
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    Sooo that wasnt misinformation...but thanks for being kind of rude, geez.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    There has been studies shown that people who drink diet soda are mo likely to be overweight than those who drink an occasional regular soda. It has something to do with the fake sugar making you crave real sugar I guess. I know it helped me when I stopped drinking diet coke. I hit a plateau and then stopped drinking it and broke through the plateau. Worth a shot I'd say.

But do those studies control for calorie intake? I think when you're talking about people drinking diet soda that don't have a clue about calorie intake vs. output for maintenance/weightloss/etc it doesn't relate the same way to people on MFP that are strictly controlling their calorie intake. Yes when I was drinking diet soda before MFP, if I craved something sweet I ate it and goodness only knows how many extra calories I ate b/c of it. But once I started on MFP, I kept drinking my diet soda but I controlled my calorie intake and switched up my 'sweets' to slightly healthier (i.e. lower calorie) options, and lost weight just fine. I think the issue here is the studies probably refer to 'people that drink diet soda' as the public at large that does not control for calories, which is very different from most MFP members. 'Out in the world' studies would get very different results from 'MFP-calorie-controlling-member' studies if I had to guess.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    There has been studies shown that people who drink diet soda are mo likely to be overweight than those who drink an occasional regular soda.

Which studies? There are a number of studies which show that the artificial sweeteners currently used in diet soda have no effect on glucose or insulin levels, and do not increase appetite.

For example:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21255472

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20303371

OP - Drink whichever suites your tastes.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Sooo that wasnt misinformation...but thanks for being kind of rude, geez.

But it's not always true. I did cut out diet soda for a long while to see if I would magically lose weight. It did not happen.
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    Not all weight loss is about calorie intake. For instance, 1200 calories of Easter peeps versus 1200 calories of lean meats and veggies. They are both 1200 calories, but which one fuels your body better to help you reach your weight loss goals? So in this case, coke zero, Pepsi max, and water all have zero calories. But which one is better to drink while your are trying to make healthier choices and encourage weight loss? Water.

There is more to weight loss than calories In and out and if we dont realize that then we aren't doing everything we can to chane our bodies inside and out.

I shall step off my soap box now.
  • kizzaii
    kizzaii Posts: 52
    Options
    I love both but generally drink pepsi max at home and coke zero if abroad. I think they're both about the same!
  • svallwood
    Options
    I've been a solid Coke Zero fan for over a year now. I hate Pepsi in any form. Plus, I live in Atlanta so we're pretty much required by law to hate Pepsi. I usually drink water all day and have one diet beverage (Coke Zero or Diet Snapple) with dinner.