Running - BEET RED FACE

Options

Replies

• Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Oh this happens to me too and I get super flushed on my chest and arms too :) LOL I just assume it's because I'm white!
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too. It's pretty embarassing. I swear I still look like I got my butt kicked for like 30 minutes afterwards too. But I FEEL better afterwards, so it's worth the cherry red face and people looking at me funny when I have to run errands afterwards. haha
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    Me too! I am also very fair. My face has always gotten really red when I did sports or excercise. People would think something was wrong and I needed to go to the hospital or something, but I only felt as exerted as everyone else. It also stinks cuz it takes a very long time to go away too. Glad to know I am not the only one! :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. The first thing that happens when I work out (or get warm in general) is my face turns red. I get tomato face LONG before I start to sweat.
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    "If you still look cute after you work out...you're not working hard enough."

:)
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My mom's face does this also.....when she gets really tickled about something. Once she starts laughing, her face gets so red it looks like someone covered her in ketchup, lol. :wink:

She used to exercise when I was a little kid, and same thing....my sister and I don't have it, but people used to always ask if she was ok. I think it's pretty normal :laugh:
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Me too, and like most eveyone else here I'm very fair skinned and blush very very easily. My friends actually make it game to see who can make me blush first! People at the gym will ask if I'm OK, need to sit down, etc. Yes I'm fine, just red! It happens, oh well.
  • dbrashers
    dbrashers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That has happened to me since i was a little kid. My mother took me to the pediatrician, and he said it's b/c I do not sweat enough to cool my body down. It is something that I've noticed as I've gotten older -- I work myself to death, but still no sweat. You need to keep hydrated and monitor yourself to make sure you don't overheat. Sweat is supposed to cool you down, but if you aren't sweating, you need to keep an eye on that as you continue to run and workout.
  • Huisman81
    Huisman81 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am not only beet red but sweating like crazy even in the dead of winter. Running is not a pretty sport but if you can look past appearance of it and truly enjoy the accomplishment of a run then that's all that matters.
    Keep on running
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I turn bright red and I also seem to sweat more than most people. My sister does too...guess it runs in the family, thanks parental units!!! Oh well, I don't go to the gym to look cute anyway :)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    This is me every workout. I hate when people ask me if I'm ok! Of course I am! You see me on the floor? NO! You see me holding my chest and saying I can't breathe? NO! So beat it! :mad:

I'm so self conscious of it even though it's unavoidable. I'm a fair skinned person too and probably won't even tan that much in the summer! :frown:
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    tomatoe face - yes
    sweating - tons
    recovery - quick - tomatoe does not last as long as it use to
    dark thick hair - yes
    light olive complexion - as in white compared to my family
  • busrider71
    Options
    I turn red all the time from exercise, always have. I sweat very little and the red face is my bodies way of cooling down. I read a while back that if you stay red for a long period of time then you should take a cool shower to cool your body down after exercise.
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time. If I am hot or embarressed or exercising.
    It is so bad that I do not own a single item of pink or red clothing as I got fed up of the "oh your face is reflecting off your shirt" comments.
    My face satys like that for ages afterwards as well.
    So glad you posted this as now I know I am not alone :smile:
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    Here too...I've always hated it. I blush easily too...hell, I even blush when I'm on the phone and they can't even see me!!! LOL! Really tho...its very normal and you are NOT alone! :)
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mine always turns beet red, it's done that all of my life. My anatomy teacher from high school explained that I have more superficial veins in my face (superficial meaning close to the surface). So when exercising more blood is flowing and thus making a "flushed" or "blushed" look. I think that's what it was. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

Also I'm more annoyed that my face turns so red, and STAYS red for several hours after I'm done exercising. One of my co-workers was convinced that I had something traumatic happen to me and I would "just refuse to tell her what happened", even though I did tell her that I went to the gym and was still in my gym clothes.
  • yajalya
    yajalya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get this too, and I was told when I was in high school that its because of a lack of sweat glands on my face, I sweat at my hairline! but not my face. I started bringing a cold gel back with me to my kettlebell classes because even after 10 min i was bright red and feeling dizzy, but as soon as I cooled my face it was like a second wind, and I was fine!
  • artsiefartsiek
    Options
    I just looked this up last night after finishing a walk/run. My face not only gets red, but tingly hot as well.

Annoying, because people stare at me as if I might hit the floor any second, but otherwise seems to be pretty common!

I know the stare as well! I also get really hot to the touch.
  • artsiefartsiek
    Options
    It happens to me, too. I wonder how many other characteristics we have in common. If you like, would you answer the following?

Are you a "furnace" - for example, do you feel so hot when you sleep you kick the covers off?
    Once you begin sweating, do you sweat long after the workout is done?
    Have you ever had heat exhaustion or heat stroke?
    Is your hair very thick?

I've been trying to find others who turn super-red in the face for a long time, wondering if we have these things in common!

My husband calls me his furnace when we go to sleep! I heat up to a ridiculous temperature!
    I sweat for about an hour after...even when I shower!
    I don't think I have had heat stroke
    I have very think red hair but only on my head, my body has a normal amount of hair.

- this is fascinating -
  • artsiefartsiek
    Options
    "If you still look cute after you work out...you're not working hard enough."

:)

<3