Protein Shakes ladies?!

Options
2»

Replies

• deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I use Herbalife. Love them. They come in several different flavors and they are very filling.
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use herbalife.

http://www.herbalife.com/

They taste good, low calories, good protien, nice nutrition label on them, great for meal replacement if thats the way you want to go.

I drink one almost every day for breakfast.

I mix 2 scoops with :1/2 cup unsweetned vanilla almond milk and 1/2 cup unsweetned coconut milk ( i dont use the silk brand of almond milk, it tasted off to me) I also use the unsweetned coconut almond milk.

I have actually completely stopped drinking milk all together.
  • kayhatlen
    kayhatlen Posts: 46
    Options
    :smile: I'm lazy so I drink a pre-made Muscle Milk Light shake. They come in an 8.25 oz carton w/a straw. They have 20 grams protein and only 150 calories. I also have Designer Whey powders in vanilla and chocolate to use at home when I have more time. I like the flavor of both of these brands.
  • kayhatlen
    kayhatlen Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm lazy so I drink a pre-made Muscle Milk Light shake. They come in an 8.25 oz carton w/a straw. They have 20 grams protein and only 150 calories. I also have Designer Whey powders in vanilla and chocolate to use at home when I have more time. I like the flavor of both of these brands.:smile:

Sorry it wouldn't post so I accidentally submitted it twice
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use Allmax Isoflex. 1gm carb and 27gm protein per scoop. I love their Peanut butter chocolate.. it tastes exactly like Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccino! :drinker:

12994052.png
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure Zero Carb Premium Whey Protein. I like this the best because Whey protein has all essential amino acids with zero carbs. Plus it tastes delicious. Whey protein also metabolizes faster than any other protein supplement.

What I do is put a scoop or half a scoop (depending on how intense my workout is) and mix it with half a cup of naked juice and water; add ice and blend. Delicious. Seriously. It only comes out to 120 - 130 calories with half a scoop of protein and 180ish with a full scoop. So far I've tried cookies & cream and Banana Cream. So far, I like the Banana Cream better.

It also tastes good with just plain water if you don't want the extra calories from juice. :)
  • skinnyjuannie
    skinnyjuannie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use my Protein shakes always post- strength workout. 20 minutes after workout is the best time to restore fuel to the system, and I choose the Whey protein to promote increased lean muscle mass. As far as the brand...that doesn't really matter to me as long as the carbs aren't too high and there is a significant amount of protein. Right now I'm using EAS Strawberry Whey Protein (I think it was on sale at the time) with coconut milk. If you have lactose issues soy proteins are always an option, but be mindful that soy contains "estrogens" so for women there can be some added side effects associated with its use.
    Some people use it as a meal replacement option, but for me it ends up being a snack replacement. Once I decided the direction of my workouts and body results, the decision on how and when to add the protein supplements was an easy one.
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use the Isopure Zero Carb Premium Whey Protein in vanilla. Mix it w/some unsweetened vanilla almond milk.. Pretty darn good. I'd never get in all my protein w/out it. I sometimes add in half a scoop to my morning oatmeal, too, fyi - makes it big and fluffy.
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I make my own - I think you might be able to get to my food page - look at the breakfast items and that's what goes into my shake. It's not pretty to look at but it tastes good and provides really good nutrition.

Hmmmm wasn't sure if you can actually see other people's diaries, so here's the ingredients and the values:

Breakfast.............................................................................................................Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Chol
    Blue Monkey - Pure Coconut Water, 3 fl.oz (240ml)..................................... 29 .........7....... 0 .......0..........0........ 0
    Progressive - Harmonized Protein Powder Chocolate, 1 scoop (30 g)...110......... 3....... 1..... 23 .........0 .....35
    Blue Diamond - Chocolate Unsweetened Almond Milk , 3 oz................... 17 .........1 .......1 .......1 .........0 ........0
    Boring Porridge - Porridge, 22.5 grams ......................................................115 ..........7 ......8 ........3 .........3 ........0
    Olympic Natural Probiotic - Yogurt- Black Cherry 3.1%Mf, 175 g ...........170 .......25 .......5....... 6 .........0 .......20
    Progressive Vegegreens - Superfood Supplement, 8.5 g ........................47 ..........3 .......3 .......3 .........3 ........0

TOTALS...............................................................................................................488 ........46 .....18 .....36 ........6 .......55
  • amandamickey
    Options
    I recently started using Myofusion Probiotics protein and so far I absolutely love it. Tastes great and has decent cal/protein ratio (note: I only mix with water). 1 scoop = 150cal and 24g of protein. I have the chocolate peanut butter flavor and it is by far one of the best tasting protein powders I have tried. I also try to get at least 2 servings of probiotics on a daily basis, so this formula was perfect for me.

As a previous poster said, there is no specific protein for men or women; protein is protein in it's basic form. I suggest talking to someone at a nutrition shop (GNC, Nutrishop, etc) for suggestions, personal favorites, best sellers, etc if you're looking for more information.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump