Do you remember the first time you....

Options
polarsjewel
polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
Saw a movie in the theatre? What was it? How old were you? Who did you go with?

I saw 2001 A Space Oddessy when I was 5 or 6?? with my dad and brothers

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I can't imagine expecting a 5 year old to sit through that entire movie. I barely could at 25. Then again I do have ADHD.

I think the first movie I saw in theaters was The Lion King with my dad.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    I dont remember the movie because I was 13 and made out with my date the whole movie lol....at that ago it was a opportunity for me to take advantage of the time I had out of the house!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The first one I remember is Grumpy Old Men, but I'm sure I saw some Disney one before that.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It was E.T. I cried. I was, I guess 7. I cried.
  • Hartman1986
    Hartman1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think the first one I saw in theaters was Rescuer's Down Under, I can't remember how old I was. I still like that movie.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The first one I remember going to was some re-release of Snow White. We were vacationing in Dallas and went with all of our cousins.

The first one I remember going to without parental supervision was Arachnophobia . Good movie! LOL
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    It was E.T. I cried. I was, I guess 7. I cried.

I cried when the raccoon fell in Ace Ventura.

My dad had to take me out of the theater.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mine was 'Once Upon a Forest'. I assume I went with my mum and one or both of my aunts.

I was six at the time, and I remember the movie but not the people I was with. The cinema was a very rare treat when I was young. I don't know of many people who ever saw the movie, I don't think it did that well.
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    Mine was 'Once Upon a Forest'. I assume I went with my mum and one or both of my aunts.

I was six at the time, and I remember the movie but not the people I was with. The cinema was a very rare treat when I was young. I don't know of many people who ever saw the movie, I don't think it did that well.

I love that movie!!
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back (maybe?). I was with my Dad and two brothers.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Beauty and the Beast.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    In 1982 my sister and (future) brother-in-law took me to see Bambi. I was three. I cried :tongue:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!! My friends dad took us!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mine was The Never Ending Story 2!! I think I was 9 and my Grandma took me. I still absolutely love these movies... Don't judge me!! ;))

Oh, but this bird totally freaked me the heck out...
    thumbnail.jpg
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    no clue i was so little that i started crying during it and my dad had to take me out...I would have to say 2 or less...my daughter was 4 my sister and i took her to see Toy Story 3 and my son was 3, my husband, daughter, sister, her bf, my mom and my dad went to see Cars 2
  • Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    I can't remember the first one, but I remember my grandad taking me to see the little vampire in 2000, I was 7. I loved my grandad, I remember absolutely everything about that day because I spent it with him, yet I can barely remember anything from just a few years ago, haha.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Hocus Pocus I was about 5 or 6
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Jurassic Park.. I was 7 or 8.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Mine was The Never Ending Story 2!! I think I was 9 and my Grandma took me. I still absolutely love these movies... Don't judge me!! ;))

Oh, but this bird totally freaked me the heck out...
    thumbnail.jpg

Howard the Duck freaked me out.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The first one I remember seeing was ET with my family.