About being clean

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I'm 46, until a year or so ago, I didn't know that you're supposed to make your bed, and get this, most adults do.this bed making thing every single day.

I was having a conversation with a group of people, and some talked about making their bed, and o said that.I never make my bed. In fact, I didn't even have a bed spread, just sheets and blankets. It was brought to my attention that that's not normal. I have since asked many friends and apparently everyone in the world makes their bed, except me. Long live the outlier.

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't make my bed. So, Cheers! :drinker:
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I don't make my bed. At most I fluff the duvet and throw it over the top. I'm just gonna crawl back in it later!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If you have time to make your bed, you have time to work out.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    No bed making for me! It will just get messed up again...and again....and again...
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I make it when I change the sheets. Thats about it
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't make my bed .
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I make mine every morning and so do the kids, but we are all kinda ocd. We are the ONLY ones I know that do this....
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I don't make my bed either! I have 2 mattresses, a fitted sheet and a comforter. My kids don't make their beds either... they fold up their blankets and put them on the pillows. pau. (done)
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    I just starting making my bed about a month ago. The reason? I let my kids eat on it and I was sick of laying in cracker crumbs (even worse, listening to my husband b*tch about it). Feeling like a slob now since I don't actually clean the crumbs up. :frown:
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The only reason I kinda straighten it up is so that if my cat decides to barf on the bed, I only have to change the comforter instead of all the sheets.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't make ours unless I need to use it to fold laundry.
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    I prefer a rumpled bed, (although the rest of the house is immaculate). My husband makes the bed despite my preference, and I sigh every time I have to untuck those lovely corners he made and have to make a new nest for my nightly slumber.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I make it about every other day. But only so my comforters, blanket, and sheet are lined up perfectly to achieve maximum warmth.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I always make my bed in the morning right after my shower.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I make it when I change the sheets. Thats about it

same here.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I only make my bed for two reasons:
    1) I have company coming over
    2) I'm putting on new sheets

Otherwise, what's the point of spending time doing something that no one will see and you'll mess up again in a few hours?
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I don't make ours unless I need to use it to fold laundry.

Haha, this!

Or if I have company coming over. It feels like getting caught in your underwear when the bed's unmade when company's over for some reason.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I used to.. pillows and everything.. then I realized I don't want people to see my bedroom.. so what was the point? I keep it clean and in nice condition, but I rarely make it anymore, I just straighten it out at night.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    It was brought to my attention that that's not normal. I have since asked many friends and apparently everyone in the world makes their bed, except me.

You and every non-liar in the world!