Late Night Chocolate Cravings?

Options
For some reason late at night lately I've been getting incredible cravings for chocolate. It's not at all that I'm hungry, but that I just want a big snickers bar or something. To try and stop it I've started chewing gum at night and that kind of works, but not always. I was thinking about getting lollipops or something like that so I can at least have something sweet in my mouth instead of giving in. I don't get cravings this strong any other time of day and they've only started recently, months after I started dieting and eating at night.

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop these cravings? I'm trying to be good, but it's hard. Thank you! :)

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    3 words...

Fiber One Brownie.
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree i also eat fiber one brownies!! Works wonders for me
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Fiber One, chocolate chip!!! They are delicious!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm the type that can measure out small portions of chocolate and be happy- so I have a bag of Ghirardelli 60% chips on hand. One serving is 16 chips= 80 calories. That'll do it for me. I've also made chocolate mug cake at around 100 calories that does the trick for me.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    3 words...

Fiber One Brownie.
    Be careful. They give some folks an awful case of gas.
    How about just save yourself some calories for the day, and have a snickers?
    Or if you are trying to cut sugar and be more healthy, you could mix a tsp of cocoa with some Greek yogurt. Or a bowl of oatmeal.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding or Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are good!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    You may actually be lacking some key nutrients like magnesium or calcium or your blood sugar may be low(that is when we tend to crave the sweet stuff). My suggestion is to give in. Have a piece of dark chocolate. If you have the calories, why not? I eat some dark chocolate every night. Always 70% cacao or higher though.
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like the Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp bars. 110 calories. Or have a sugar free jello chocolate pudding. Or 90 Calorie Fiber One granola bars with chocolate.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    ditto on skinny cow.....love it
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate jello. Delicious!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    3 words...

Fiber One Brownie.
    Be careful. They give some folks an awful case of gas.
    How about just save yourself some calories for the day, and have a snickers?
    Or if you are trying to cut sugar and be more healthy, you could mix a tsp of cocoa with some Greek yogurt. Or a bowl of oatmeal.

Agreed. They actually made my mom incredibly sick. She was going to call the doctor. Some people have absolutely terrible reactions to chicory root extract.
  • amaryllis88
    amaryllis88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I've been so conditioned to want dessert after lunch/dinner, that I feel weird if I don't have chocolate. What I usually try to do is either have a chocolatey cereal, or I recently bought the Quaker Oats Chocolate Dipps, they're pretty good, and usually satisfy my need for chocolate. I really like the peanut butter flavored ones a lot!! Or maybe some hershey's syrup with some milk, not a whole lot, but you know, something to satisfy you in that moment.

And I've tried the fiber one brownies, those are delicious too!! :smile:

I can't cut out the chocolate entirely, I have some every now and then, it helps. Good luck!!
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    I always drink a Chocolate Protein shake right before bed... amazing also helps your body restore nutrients while you sleep and rebuild muscle skinny cow and other "snacks" are just empty calories and alot of chemicals... I read an article on Skinny cow products last week talking about the chemicals in skinny cow products... dont get me wrong I LOVE the mint choco chip ice cream bars by them but after reading the article I think im going to be cutting back
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How about dark chocolate? A couple of large squares. Perhaps the bitterness may curb the sweet cravings?
  • MrsNelson0904
    MrsNelson0904 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    3 words...

Fiber One Brownie.

LOVE THESE! The Skinny Cow products are also great. I love their icecream sandwiches and I just recently tried the milk chocolate candy. I love the icecream because they're only like 120-140 calories but they're HUGE so you really feel like you're treating yourself. The candy is ok...they packages are really small and the candy is barely bite size so I tend to feel a little cheated.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fudge Popsicles :) YUM YUM only 60 calories too!
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this book. It says if you have a snack or meal always have some protein .
  • Janiece65
    Janiece65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I keep Hershey's kisses on hand for just such occasions. Alternatively, try Arctic Zone Chocolate frozen dessert (150 calories a PINT). The Arctic Zone is pricey, though.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    i've been craving chocolate recently too.. must be all the Easter candy that is out.. ughh.. GIVE ME CHOCOLATEEEEE lol