Sitting in my gym clothes, debating

Options
My womanhood crept up on me.
I'm bloated and cramped and I just want to eat a half gallon of ice cream.

Not to mention I gave up ice cream for lent.

Trying not to go to the store right now, also scared I'll get to the gym and waste a trip being too irritable and crampy to get a good workout.

Replies

• nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do what you need to do, You know what you really want to do, and what you need to Do lol
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym and if you still need the ice cream after then stop for frozen yogurt or something on the way home ;-) You won't feel as bad later!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I find exercising has actually helped me during TOM, I go 4x a week and still do during TOM and have noticed since I started doing this I don't have that water retention/bloat that I used to get.

And you'll never regret working out, but you might regret not working out.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Suppose I'm hoping the Midol kicks in to help not be so uncomfortable
  • LuciendaB
    Options
    Working out is actually good when your on your menstral cycle...Just know you'll feel better afterwards!
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ignore the carving for the time being. If you still feel that way after working out then go for it but make it worth the feeling no guilt trips.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Take something for the cramps and GO! Maybe exercise will improve the way you feel?
    (I know, I have these same debates with myself!)
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Yes I'm kinda in the middle of "the week" and I've been exercising every day of it just fine and not really cravings or bloating until today. I feel huge, and I've tried to eat as little salt as possible. It was probably Subway last night.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Usually working out at that time makes me feel much better not worse.

Why not go, try it and if you are not 'feeling it', stop and go home?
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    FYI you are what you feel. so change the crabby feeling to something positive, like you might meet someone that needs YOUR encouragement....go for petes sake:flowerforyou:
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    Just do it, stop making excuses, don't think about it, it's the reason why your here, make that mindset change, you can do this!
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Agreed, go work out and if you still feel like utter crapola after, chow down on something low cal yum stuff.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm kinda in the middle of "the week" and I've been exercising every day of it just fine and not really cravings or bloating until today. I feel huge, and I've tried to eat as little salt as possible. It was probably Subway last night.

yeah Subway will do it every time lol, the sodium is pretty high.

Hopefully that midol kicks in for ya!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    thanksss ladies, now I feel like I was whining haha
    I'm off my butt and on my wayyy

highly doubt I'll feel like having ice cream after a sweaty intense workout (;
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would go to the gym too. A crappy workout always beats no workout.

If you're still craving ice cream, pick up some bananas and make this: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414
    I made it today instead of picking up a sweet at the bakery. I like to add cocoa powder to make it chocolate flavored for just a few more calories.

Feel better!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Guess who went and beat all my workout times/calories thus far and ALSO kicked the ice cream craving?!
    THIS GIRL.

had a clementine though (;

thanks again ladies, definitely wanna try that recipe
  • LucyBWL57
    LucyBWL57 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there. I see you did it. Congratulations! :happy:
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    Good job.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Trust me.....GO!!!! I just went through this and it really helps you feel better!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    I would go to the gym too. A crappy workout always beats no workout.

If you're still craving ice cream, pick up some bananas and make this: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414
    I made it today instead of picking up a sweet at the bakery. I like to add cocoa powder to make it chocolate flavored for just a few more calories.

Feel better!

I keep wanting to try this but I don't have a blender or a food processor. I have a smoothie maker, though. I wonder if I could do that and just scoop it out instead of dispensing it through the spout.

I'm glad everything worked out (no pun intended. ugh.) for you today!