Ladies: Where do you get your jeans?!

Options

Replies

• Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    -Yard sales (my best find was a pair of "Seven" jeans I snagged for $2)
    -Thrift Stores - you have to search but can generally get awesome jeans for $5
    -Upscale resale/Consignment - Plato's Closet is my fave!! Most of my jeans are from there.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Maurices .....the Maurices brand....$25-$29...cheap and the sizes run bigger. Also Mossimo from Target are nice and barely $20/
  • sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite pair came from Vanity. I'm tall, so I was super stoked to find 37" inseam jeans!
  • christianwife14
    Options
    Nordstrom Rack, my favorite jeans are Hudson and Miss Me
  • lyllith
    lyllith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Gap Curvy Fit. PERIOD.
    I have ALWAYS had a terrible time of having jeans not fit my (wide) hips and gap around my (narrow) waist. But the Gap jeans are the only ones that have ever fit me PERFECTLY. I have actually gone to the mall and bought other jeans that I thought fit well and then gone to the gap and tried a pair and I ALWAYS take the other pair back and get the Gap ones. I am a SUPER cheapskate but they fit so well that I would rather have one pair of $70 Gap Curvys rather then three of any other pair.... and sometimes you can get them on good sales.

Unfortunately they only have two washes: medium and dark. But they don't have that distressing that makes your thighs look big and they are really classy and simple so you can wear them all the time.

Just <3<3<3 them!!!

100% agree with you! Gap Curvy for me all the way. I didn't even think it was *possible* for me to wear jeans until I tried those. :heart: them to pieces. :love:
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to splurge a bit, go to the Gap. I love their jeans; they're very well-made and tend to last for a long time. Also, they look good.

However, I do most of my shopping at thrift stores... I've found some seriously awesome jeans there for under $10. You have to spend some time hunting through the racks, but it's worth it.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Banana republic. God I love those jeans. I've had a few great pairs from Gap and Calvin Klein.

As soon as I reach my goal weight, though, I'm getting Hudsons. When I worked at Macy's and had to fold them they were to DIE FOR soft.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ditto American Eagle. I keep trying other brands and none of them fit as well, or have as good of a price/quality ratio. ALL of their styles fit me equally well, from skinny to boyfriend to boot cut. I just hope they never change their design!!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    GOODWILL. They have everything from juniors to designer jeans to "mom" jeans. you have to be willing to look. they're in good condition and dirt cheap. when you're actively losing weight you're going to drop sizes rather quickly too. I find it to be a better value to replace my too-big jeans with pairs from the Goodwill and save my money for a few nice pairs of jeans at my goal weight! (and bills.. :tongue: )
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Me personally I love my Levis! They just work for me! And you can get them on sale at pretty much any department store.
  • betholiver
    Options
    Old Navy jeans
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Since I'm a petite (5'2") full-figured woman, I get my jeans from WAL-MART: You guessed right; JUST MY SIZE jeans!
    They're affordable, stylish, come in ranges of different sizes, & are comfortable to wear.
    Can't beat it! :happy:
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    LOVE Hudson jeans! I'm not usually one to pay that much for jeans, but I found that they fit me like a glove and they are so soft! They are the best fitting jeans I have ever had.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    For the longest time I got my jeans at Maurices. They had several styles that fit me well so I never looked anywhere else.

I have also picked out jeans from Deb, Target and Walmart.

The most recent jeans I picked up were Jordache jeans from Walmart. These are now my favorite pair of jeans...even surpassing my Maurices jeans (sadly)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    -Yard sales (my best find was a pair of "Seven" jeans I snagged for $2)
    -Thrift Stores - you have to search but can generally get awesome jeans for $5
    -Upscale resale/Consignment - Plato's Closet is my fave!! Most of my jeans are from there.

Plato's Closet ROCKS! I get pairs there for an average of $8-$10. they're in limited locations but worth it to look up.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Mossimo brand from Target fit me great! Just went down a size..yeah! When I hit my goal I will splurge on something more expensive!
  • CrazyLazyStylist
    CrazyLazyStylist Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    thrift store, consignment shop did just buy a new pair from Burlington ($16) But, I never settle, always look, and usually find good used jeans!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Levi's> find the cut that best fits your figure,(try on, try on) they have lots to chose from.

LOVE my Levi's. I'm a Demi Curve. They have different curve id's to fit every figure. Go to a Levi Store and they will measure and fit you. Or you can estimate your curve id online

http://us.levi.com/shop/index.jspcategoryId=4370093&cp=3146849.3146880&ab=wdept_CID_030212

Once you find your fit and size you can buy them at stores that carry Levi's (including Macy's, Sears and I think Kohl's and online too.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am long waisted and short legged. All jeans are long on me. I like BKE from the Buckle but they are long on me and they are costly but they fit my butt like a glove. I alslo love Aeropostle, they are cheap and feel pretty good on. Only thing is they only go to size 13 and my size 9/10 barely button so I am afraid to try a 13 on so got to wait a bit.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Banana Republic, even better if it's an outlet. Full price it's more money than I care to spend...but I often get them for $20-$25 and their 2P is a perfect fit for me.