FLAT STOMACH ANYONE?

Options
Anyone have any idea how to get a flat stomach by April/May?
I CANNOT for the life of me, get rid of my stomach fat. HELP!?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your only option is to create a calorie deficit through diet or exercise or both, and over time you will lose fat. Eventually, stomach fat will reduce -- but you can't do anything to cause fat to lose from specific areas.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your only option is to create a calorie deficit through diet or exercise or both, and over time you will lose fat. Eventually, stomach fat will reduce -- but you can't do anything to cause fat to lose from specific areas.

but what about liposuction?
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Anyone have any idea how to get a flat stomach by April/May?
    I CANNOT for the life of me, get rid of my stomach fat. HELP!?

diet + exercise
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    you also need to have a good diet... whole grains, lean meats,no alcohol,lots of water, fresh fruit, veggies, limit sweets...that kinda stuff... if you open your diary I will take a peak and see if I can give you any pointers
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit. You can't spot reduce, it takes time.

If you're lucky, then the stomach will be one of the first places you lose...but it's genetics. If you tend to store most fat there, still try, and you'll probably end up with a flat(er) stomach, but it may not be exactly what you're hoping for..yet.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Along with eating well, try doing exercises like planks and that sort of thing - I found that doing the 30 day shred really helped me strengthen my tummy muscles, now when I suck it in it actually goes somewhere!! :bigsmile:
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    flat stomach thats all i want
  • tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Liposuction! thats what I did!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Try Tonalin CLA.. it's a vitamin that is supposed to target fat around the stomach area. Works for me.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Besides diet and losing fat, these are exercises that will pull your stomach muscles in. These will not help you lose the fat there, but will tighten your transverse abs.

Do planks and Ab vacuums. Google ab vacuums. I have been doing them for over a month now and I can tell a huge difference!!!
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If your body fat is low and your core and abdominals are strong what you're seeing could be abdominal distention. If that's the case and you are healthy you need to increase dietary fiber and eliminate any foods that don't agree with you.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    you also need to have a good diet... whole grains, lean meats,no alcohol,lots of water, fresh fruit, veggies, limit sweets...that kinda stuff... if you open your diary I will take a peak and see if I can give you any pointers

This.

Diet is the most important key for reducing stomach fat.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I found dropping wheat helped, only carbs I have are naturally in fruit and veg, no pasta, potato, rice etc and lost 13" off tummy, I re-introduced a few treat meals and fav breakfast cereals but wheat free and gluten free bread but interestingly haven't lost any more inches since so thinking of going back to the stricter diet.

I don't want to lose too much weight from doing cardio as its coming off my top half first and my boobs are looking like flat pancakes forearms really thin and face! you wouldn't think I still weighed 10st at minute... guess only option would be to get tummy tuck,.. but somedays it looks flatter than others depending on bloat... and I don't really want scars as my tummy is really smooth (never had kids so not a single stretch mark at 42yrs!) just a shame its not completely flat!
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on your diet to see what bloats you (for me it's refined sugar, screws with my digestive bacteria and i get horrible stomach cramps/spasms).

you don't want to be putting in all this effort and not be able to see the results because you have a puffy stomach from gas, water and inflammation!
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    70% of it is probably diet. Stay away from processed foods and starches. Stick to veggies and fruits (stay away from tropical fruits like mangoes and pineapple). Beans are good and whole grains.. high in fiber. Maintain a diet low in sugar and salt and do lots of cardio as well as core strengthening exercises :)
  • UltraRoyal
    Options
    Runnnn, do major cardio....and supplement with ab workouts. Run fast till your drenched in sweat, and panting.....none of that light jog stuff, when you step off that treadmill you better be soaked, in your own sweat.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sorry, there's no such thing as a miracle cure for a flat tummy. You probably don't want to hear that but it's true! Just eat good food and find an exercise program that gets you sweating. Balance your cardio with some strength workouts too. Just keep at it and you'll get there! Good luck :)
  • tina990
    tina990 Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree with one of the posters that dropping wheat from your diet may help you. When I eat it, my belly blows up like a beach ball. Try staying away from it for a week and see what happens.
  • hazelapple
    Options
    diet and excercise. abdominal work..
  • hazelapple
    Options
    Hope you get there!