lets ban light house cleaning from mfp

Options

Replies

• Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    What if you're not alone in the shower but didn't want to post what you were actually doing in there?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've even seen "taking a shower" as calories burned! Really?

maybe they're not alone in the shower...:laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You all know being smug is the best form of exercise. Cut the OP a break!
  • cbtownsend
    Options

maybe they don't shower daily..
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would think that "light house cleaning" would be a motivator for someone who is sedentary and hates house cleaning and exercise to get up and kill two birds with one stone. I live on the 3rd story of a building with no elevator and the laundry room is on the 1st floor. I sometimes count going up and down those stairs as exercise when I need a bit of motivation. I didn't get to be super obese by being active and making good food choices.
  • MontgomeryRats
    Options
    Thank you all for making me laugh this morning!
  • cbtownsend
    Options

Or they don't shower alone...
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    Have you ever tried to climb the steps of a lighthouse? Not even thinking about mopping each step as you go and scrubbing the walls! Anyone who has committed to lighthouse cleaning has undertaken a serious task and you should be ashamed for making...er...light of their work!

Ha ha...fantastic!!!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    How many calories can I burn for being judgmental?

That depends on how worked up you get...put on your HRM :bigsmile:
  • caitlinfarmer9
    caitlinfarmer9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried to climb the steps of a lighthouse? Not even thinking about mopping each step as you go and scrubbing the walls! Anyone who has committed to lighthouse cleaning has undertaken a serious task and you should be ashamed for making...er...light of their work!

Haha! I was thinking the saem thing.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have worked up a sweat house cleaning! Especially if I am mopping or cleaning the kids rooms or the bathroom. Deep cleaning the bathroom in not easy! Neither is cleaning the garage!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Or they don't shower alone...
    :blushing:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    How many calories can I burn for being judgmental?

^ +1

^ Seriously. Try vacuuming carpeted stairs while holding the vacuum cleaner in one hand. Better workout than doing a bunch of bicep curls.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    They need to add 'posting on forums' there must be one or two calories burnt per post.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I would like to start a movement to eliminate the laziness of some of our fellow mfp pals. Lets help them help themselves!!!

I really REALLY want to be snarky but I'm holding back.

I am trying to determine how many calories I really burn in a day, so I have set my profile to sedentary and add back all the stuff I do that does not include standing. Yesterday I lightly cleaned for 7 hours, it adds up. I also jogged for 20 min. I want all the data not just bits and pieces of my life.
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    CHEFCH♥ZZ Posts: 127
    Options

you, mr, are very funny!:laugh: :laugh:
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll spend about 30 minutes scurrying about my dorm room vacuuming, cleaning, putting away/folding laundry, etc and it's not hardcore exercise but I am working. I don't use it if I say, spilled milk, but it's a nice filler for those sorts of sessions where you're just tidying all-around, you know? But I get what you mean. At the beginning the temptation was SO great when I saw that exercise.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Why? I just got a BMF. On the days I am at home "cleaning the house lightly" my TDEE is easily 2600. When I'm at work all day it's about 2300, maybe less. Light house cleaning DOES make a difference.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

LMAO!!

*love this*
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

LOL!
This discussion has been closed.