Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    No no, "standing" shouldn't really be considered as exercise. /facepalm
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    They need to add 'posting on forums' there must be one or two calories burnt per post.

Haha! With how hard people must be hitting the keys out of rage it's definitely burning some calories.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to start logging calories for every hour I stand at work instead of sit, now... and for every time I do chores... Oh wait, it doesn't matter because you can't see my diary or my feed anyway.... Seriously, as long as people are getting off their butts and does something, anything (including standing, which I have found to raise my heartrate and burn more calories) then who cares what people log...
  • msharif71
    msharif71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How many calories can I burn for being judgmental?

Agreed?? Why does it matter?
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I would like to start a movement to eliminate the laziness of some of our fellow mfp pals. Lets help them help themselves!!!

I am gonna sneak to your house and log all the cleaning you do. :devil:
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    good luck on that. Just curious, why do you care what others log? Does it affect you in some way?

yeah...what she said... :) Who are you to judge anyone?
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried to climb the steps of a lighthouse? Not even thinking about mopping each step as you go and scrubbing the walls! Anyone who has committed to lighthouse cleaning has undertaken a serious task and you should be ashamed for making...er...light of their work!

I love you.
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I have enjoyed every person responds to this posting. Feels good to smile this morning even with all the different opinions.
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would like to start a movement to eliminate the laziness of some of our fellow mfp pals. Lets help them help themselves!!!

Who put you in charge of deciding who is lazy and "eliminating" their laziness? This is my issue with SO MANY people here. I am here for myself and I will log what I choose, when I choose, and if I have to I will call out every one of you who thinks you're better than other people and who evidently believe in a god who has appointed you the arbiter of who is "healthy enough" not to be mocked and/or "banned.". WTF is wrong with people?

Bump!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Who cares...if I clean the house for 2 hrs, I log it, according to my bodybugg because it does burn calories!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    what do you have against that? There are some people that cant do much and something like this is a form of excercise. I think we shouldnt judge what/how a person chooses to exercise. Plus I wear a body media fit link and when I do vigious cleaning I burn ALOT!

To each his own...but im just saying....

Peace

I agree with you. I work up a sweat when I clean my house, but I'm in no way doing "light" work. I have to carry the vaccum around, windex 392359 windows, drag the vaccum back upstairs, mop the floors. That is a work out.
  • bikiniready201
    Options
    hahaha. and lets eliminate sleeping as well! :P

Thu 03/08/12 08:54 AMgood luck on that. Just curious, why do you care what others log? Does it affect you in some way?

way to be a negatron. so many negative ppl on these forums, need to get a life!
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Personally, I find this kind of post offensive, what a self-righteous attitude. If you don't like what someone logs or how they live their lives or feed themselves or how they exercise, keep your nose out of their diaries and find some other friends who can tolerate your attitude. The only person who should have to justify themselves to you is you!

Mike
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    You know, it makes more sense to MY judgmental side to actually work toward a productive goal such as getting your house clean or your clothes washed than to exercise with a DVD in front of your TV... just sayin'.

Super Like. Tho I do both exercise vids and housework.
    I saw a post like this before get deleted because some people commented and started to get really mean, calling stay at home moms lazy. Saying how logging breast feeding is stupid and counter productive, etc.

I wish people would lay off the housework log. If someone wants to log calories burned whether burned or not, it all comes down to their success. I see people lie about their food intake often. People exaggerate or diminish the calories they eat, never mind the calories burned during exercise. But hey, if they stay fat and I lose weight and I'm logging cleaning...

14839892.png

Why should they "lay off" logging housework? Why should anyone not log something they did? That's a different animal than logging things you didn't do. It's all the same to me, because I don't log ANY of my exercise, I set my activity level at sedentary and I allow my FitBit to do it for me, but it sure looks like my FitBit considers any activity to "count." If/when I do something, like swimming, that FitBit can't track, I'll manually enter it.

And I have to ask, because it seems SO unlikely, but how do you know these people "lie about their food intake often?" Are you there when they eat it? Because it seems to me that would be the only way to tell... I could be wrong...enlighten me?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    No no, "standing" shouldn't really be considered as exercise. /facepalm

Even though it raises your heart rate and burns more calories? For myself my heart rate raise by around 20 bpm (more if I'm "dancing" around) and I burn an extra 50ish calories an hour...
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    We should ban cheeze burgers also, cause people should not eat those.

Jesus H. man! dont even speak of such insanity!
  • msharif71
    msharif71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I first started here, I was over 400 lbs, and "light house cleaning" left me in a sweat with back pain so severe I could cry. It's not about whether or not it's work for YOU, it's about whether or not it's work for the person doing it. I know you think you were being funny, but really, you were belittling and ridiculing the efforts of others. I don't enter "light house cleaning" anymore unless I've gone on an hour-long sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming binge that leaves me sweating. Otherwise, that's not exercise for ME anymore. But it is for someone, and I'm not about to giggle at them and tell them that their efforts aren't worthy of consideration.

You should try that.

Totally agree and You are an inspiration!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just burned 7 calories from a Bowel Movement.

Now THAT is funny!!!:laugh:
  • Tmarinari
    Tmarinari Posts: 28
    Options
    good luck on that. Just curious, why do you care what others log? Does it affect you in some way?

I agree. I am here for me. :D
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How many calories can I burn for being judgmental?

EXACTLY! Good response!
This discussion has been closed.