lets ban light house cleaning from mfp

Options

Replies

• LilMermaid6411
    Options
    I really try not to be nasty when I reply to posts, but this just irritated me. It sound like you don't do much housework. Go scrub your bathroom and tell me you don't break a sweat. Or, try pushing a vacuum once and a while. Who are you to judge what other people do? For some people, even getting up to do housework is a huge deal and they should feel accomplished for it. And, I think cleaning is the opposite of lazy, no? Wouldn't sitting around letting your house get dirty be lazy? Seeing that cleaning burns calories just encourages people to keep being active, not sitting on their butt eating pizza.
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How many calories can I burn for being judgmental?

^^^^

This
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Every BITE, LICK and TASTE you take counts when tracking your food because a "calorie is a calorie is a calorie"...wouldn't burning them work the same?

You would think, wouldn't you?

"Watch out, I'm going to try SCIENCE!"
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Have you ever tried to climb the steps of a lighthouse? Not even thinking about mopping each step as you go and scrubbing the walls! Anyone who has committed to lighthouse cleaning has undertaken a serious task and you should be ashamed for making...er...light of their work!

Hahahahahahahahaha I am dying laughing at this lol
  • taylorblues
    taylorblues Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried to climb the steps of a lighthouse? Not even thinking about mopping each step as you go and scrubbing the walls! Anyone who has committed to lighthouse cleaning has undertaken a serious task and you should be ashamed for making...er...light of their work!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Great, why do you want to put me out of a job, I clean lighthouses for a living.:angry:
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to do some more house cleaning and mopping and I'm going to log it in as exercise!!! I'm losing weight and if your as overweight as I am you'd understnad ! :devil: Later today my DH and I are going to the gym an hour early before we do a class with our daughter who really works us hard! I'm 67 years old. I'm losing weight, my abs, butt, arms all are sore!

:devil:

:grumble:
  • Aireyma
    Aireyma Posts: 55
    Options
    I'd be in awesome shape if I lighthouse cleaned everyday!! My @ss and legs would look great!!!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I've even seen "taking a shower" as calories burned! Really?

maybe they don't shower daily.....

For someone who's overweight and has that much more area to clean, it can get your heart going and get you out of breath. And I suppose it could depend on how much they do in the shower beyond standard washing hair and body.

Not condoning it, but everyone has a reason for logging what they do even if it's just to see another 20 or so calories added to their weekly goal.
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    EPIC THREAD! KMSL!!!!
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    let's ban judging other peoples choices under the guise of "helping" them.
    ban banning? Gasp - the internet would go quiet.

Your funny binary clown... Your comments always crack me up.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I thought this had to do with these...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvieTT6ofvW6NfDUhE3GH5M9aALbXzzihnL7WZ_ol1ucrVddf7OA

Where's my caffeine? :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know about you, but if I had a light house I would probably log it for cleaning lol. I know what you mean though.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Exactly! :drinker:

And you don't know my life! lol. On days when my body doesn't have enough strength to do a full-on workout because of my auto-immune disease, I strap on my HRM and get to work cleaning my kitchen. Try it some time. You'll be surprised on how many cals you burn!
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow, I bet it's fun to be YOUR friend. WTF do you care what someone else considers exercise? Frankly I NEVER clean my own house, I pay someone to do it. So those rare times when I do a deep clean I have worn my HRM and I do break a sweat. Of course I'm a fat@ss so what's strenuous and burns calories for me probably wouldn't do a thing for someone as fit and awesome as yourself.

I also think that you, susieq, are awesome. Great comment...
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    why? how do you relate this to laziness?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Best post of the day!!

@ the OP - A little while ago I had a cinnamon roll, I thought you were going to come by and smack it out of my hand... but you didn't... so I ate it... and now I'm going to stay fat... :sad: AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I thought this had to do with these...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvieTT6ofvW6NfDUhE3GH5M9aALbXzzihnL7WZ_ol1ucrVddf7OA

Where's my caffeine? :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    Phallic symbol?
  • polrbear
    polrbear Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I clean, I turn my TV to XM Octane, crank up the volume and MOVE! I wash walls, floors, cupboards, move beds, furniture...whatever. I make many trips up and down the stairs, taking laundry down, hauling laundry up. It takes me on average 5 hours to clean my house like this every Saturday and it shouldn't count??? But I can get my fat *kitten* on a stair stepper for 20 minutes and that does count? Let people move however they want to move to feel good about themselves.
  • Krahn1984
    Krahn1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Love it - lol!
This discussion has been closed.