:'( dealing with Death....

Options
2»

Replies

• meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I lost my dad when I was young, and my best advice is to allow yourself to feel everything. Be as sad as you need to be, cry as much as you want, and try your hardest not to be alone. I am so sorry for your loss and their families loss. What a horrible tragedy.

I agree. Yoiu need to cry as much as you want. My grandmother passed away, we were very close, and i would think of things we would do together and just cry but by the time i was done alot of the tears were tears of joy, knowing the great memoires and fun times we had together. NOTHING will ever take away the pain but time has a way of soothing. Right now rally together with other friends and have a memorial, put the energy into something positive to honor your friends!

I'm sorry for your loss!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    such a tragedy - sending positive thoughts your way.

There is no one way to deal with such a thing, remember the good times you all shared together, but also mourn the loss.

So sorry:brokenheart:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    grief counseling definitely works for some people. My Mom couldnt accept my Dad's death until she did this. It helped her immensely.
  • BecBe4
    BecBe4 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, my friend. :brokenheart: I agree that there is no "best" way to deal with something like this. Make sure you take care of yourself, they would want that. There will be many rough days ahead but focus on the good time you all had together. There is nothing anyone can do or say to speed up and greiving process, you have to do it in your own time. Surround yourself with people that love and support you and you will make it through. One day you will be able to think of them and there will be tears of joy, not sorrow. :sad: Please feel free to message me privately if you need to talk, I'm here for you! Best of luck to you! :smile: