Leftover yolks?

Options
13»

Replies

• tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    To me I would prefer to have it natural as well. I don't like the the one's that is pre-made either.
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but this reminded me too much of my favorite Golden Girls scene.
    http://golden-girls-love-cheesecake.tumblr.com/post/13889028413/favourite-golden-girls-moments-no-particular

we would have an egg toss contest at the local pool I went to growing up. The next day my hair would be super shiny and feel so healthy.
  • kelseyruiz
    Options
    Don't be afraid to leave egg yolks your diet. They are not evil and the yolk is where you will find the majority of what is good for you in an egg. The thing is that you don't want to overdo it and you don't want to add other junk that will send your cholesterol over the top. An egg now and then won't do that on its own.

Take a look at this article for more explanation. http://nutrihealth.in/food/egg-yolk-to-eat-or-not-to-eat/
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I put raw egg yolks in my smoothies, it makes them all nice and creamy! :)
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to leave egg yolks your diet. They are not evil and the yolk is where you will find the majority of what is good for you in an egg. The thing is that you don't want to overdo it and you don't want to add other junk that will send your cholesterol over the top. An egg now and then won't do that on its own.

Take a look at this article for more explanation. http://nutrihealth.in/food/egg-yolk-to-eat-or-not-to-eat/

True! I asked because our chickens have gone on a laying frenzy lately, so we have been eating a LOT of eggs (in my case, 2 or more a day and we keep getting more from them daily). My husband has to watch his cholesterol, so I've been trying to figure out how to use up the eggs before we just have to start giving them to neighbors ;-)
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them, but if I don't, I use them in my hair. Mixed with olive oil and a good conditioner, its a good moisturizing protein treatment.
  • jamesfit99
    Options
    I don't but many here think yolks are healthy. Maybe you can ship them the leftover yolks?
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    We have chickens, so I have no need to buy egg whites ;-D

Plus, I tried egg whites from a carton years ago and I broke out in hives and got a terrible headache. I'm allergic to a bunch of antibiotics which are often given to stockyard animals, which is why we started raising our own :-(

I hadn't thought of giving them to the dogs, what a great idea!!

I scramble them and feed them back to the chickens. The chickens love them and they are great for them to eat.

You feeding the chickens their kids!?
    Haha, I was just thinking the same thing. /shrug

i have pet finches, and so many experts recommend feeding them egg. i find it really gross to do this, but apparently it's one of the most nutritious things you can offer them. [called "egg food" when used in this way]

we had finches who laid eggs and when the eggs hatched (into baby finches) within hours, the shells were GONE. guess where they were?

they ate them! and then regurgitated them back to their babies!
    so gross and cannibalistic, but that's nature...