Should we get rid of cash?

Options

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Lets go back to the barter system, i have 2 goats for ur one wife SOLD, see that was easy

I will give you 2 goats for a pec pop :bigsmile:
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    Ever try to use an ATM in another country? Not easy. I don't carry much cash, except for kid's allowances (funny, the kids won't accept my cheques, so distrustful). And I live in Canada, Tim Horton's doesn't accept Debit or Credit cards. Sigh, I need my Tim's.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i don't want to go to a strip club and slip checks in the girls cleavage. lol.

Silly; just swipe your debit card down her @$$ crack! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    no cash? how am I supposed to run my "business"???
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Lets go back to the barter system, i have 2 goats for ur one wife SOLD, see that was easy

have enough goats already, got any rabbits
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Abolishing cash....not even a little bit on board with it for a myriad of reasons:

1. Look at the issue from a lower socioeconomic standpoint....what happens to the people that do not have access to banks whether it be to due to transportation issues or even access to the internet which many people do their banking on right now.

2. What about people that understand the concept of cash but unable to balance what they have in the bank. I have worked with many children in special education that could figure out how to count money however to balance a checkbook may be overwhelming and they may need assistance.

3. What on earth is the toothfairy going to leave...a debit card??? Really, what a shame that would be.

4. Also from my understanding we spend less money when working in cash than credit or debit cards.

5. Often when we travel across different currancy formats the exchange rate is not as good when using credit cards.

6. How much money is skimmed electronically per year off of credit or debit cards as well as identity theft..is it more than cash stolen...I don't know, just a question, I would think that theft would become even higher.

7. Oh ya also some people have issues using credit/debit cards because they often track buying patterns and people have "big brother" issues and don't want companies or the government to track buying habits.

I can actually come up with many more reasons not to abolish cash, but honestly I am tired.....in saying all this I almost never have cash on me:-P I much prefer to use my debit card. But when we look at other populations, we have to see what might be good for them as well.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUXrWIMKVdgH0zBH_eczSN-Rh00sSR8oV-HcjliYvZheGc4CKSJg
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUXrWIMKVdgH0zBH_eczSN-Rh00sSR8oV-HcjliYvZheGc4CKSJg
    I cant eat those they are too cute, wha telse you got? a twin sister?
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Farfetched idea, will never catch on like everything else anybody ever suggests about the world economy....
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    no cash? how am I supposed to run my "business"???

aww, you're from my neck of the woods in jersey huh? lol
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Sister, yes...twin, no...curses...
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    How would I pay for all my extracurricular activities without Big Brother coming to get me?
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    :smile:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

Laura, I'll give you my sister to barter with.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Only slightly off topic; pennies are made from zinc. We've had customers ask us to melt pennies to make pieces. Only the outer layer is copper, about 2% of the coin.
    Carry on…
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    goodscoreguys300x294.jpg

the new way to make it rain!
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    Absolutely not. One click of a mouse can erase your whole fortune if the people in power ever wanted to. What better way to keep people in line than to have control to shut off their life with one click of a mouse.

Cash is king for a reason. I try to deal only in cash for personal transactions and pay online for certain bills with a credit card. Actually, people look at me weird when I pay for things with cash.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

Hey Laura...I have a sister..wonder if she'd mind if we offered her?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Laura, I'll give you my sister to barter with.

Hmm...it seems the whole "non-twin" thing has put the kibosh on the pec pop...
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Ever try to use an ATM in another country? Not easy. I don't carry much cash, except for kid's allowances (funny, the kids won't accept my cheques, so distrustful). And I live in Canada, Tim Horton's doesn't accept Debit or Credit cards. Sigh, I need my Tim's.

You must have a special Timmy's. I live in Canada, too and use my debit card at Tim's all the time.