Hunger Games

Options
*By request, I am putting Spoiler Alert at the top, so if you have not read the books, do not read on. could not put it in the title.... sorry

Has anyone read this series? I want to discuss it with people but all my friends are still reading for the most part! If you have read them, what did you think of the ending of Mockingjay?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Loved the books but thought the ending was weak! It felt to me like she was on a deadline and had to wrap it up.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Loved books one and two, but the third book was weak and I didn't really like it.
    I am re-reading the series for the 2nd time right now. I cannot wait until the movie comes out on the 23rd!
  • Yaya_71
    Yaya_71 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just started the third book in the series today. I LOVE THEM!!! I haven't gotten to the end yet. I hope I like it LOL but it sounds like maybe not????
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    LOVED all 3 of the books!! Such an emotional roller coaster that last one is. Just beautiful
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    LOVED books 1 and 2. Book three was terrible. I hear they are turning book 3 into TWO movies! ick.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I just started the third book in the series today. I LOVE THEM!!! I haven't gotten to the end yet. I hope I like it LOL but it sounds like maybe not????
    Still worth reading, don't worry. And I do like the way it ended, (not so much the epilogue part) just felt it was rushed.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    wasnt a big fan of the final battle thorugh the streets of the capital but it was definitely a great series. cant wait for the movie.
  • sbarbie50
    Options
    I completely agree! I LOVED books 1 and 2, but felt that book 3 fell apart a bit. It was an amazingly original storyline though and even my husband is reading it. Re-reading it myself now so that I can see the movie with the plot fresh in my mind.
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I loved book 1 - can't wait to see the movie. I've got book 2 and 3 here to read soon. I just have to find the time
  • elysewagner
    Options
    I loved the books also. Stayed up half the night reading the first one cause I couldn't put it down! I'm glad with who she ends up with and am contimplating going to the midnight showing of the movie cause I just can't wait!! Hopefully I'm not disappointed most movies don't hold up to the books!
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Just started reading today. :) For fear of spoilers I won't read replies yet, but want to come back. I can already tell it'll be a quick read. :)
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad everyone pretty much agrees that book 3 stunk. I found myself waiting for something amazing...but it just never happened! Book one and two were awesome!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    I loved all of them. However how book three ended was disappointing. Im so excited about the movie.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I thought it was unnecessary for certain people to die. I was annoyed. I'm ok with killing off important characters but it seemed so arbitrary.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Book one was my favorite. Was kinda disappointed with 3. I loved the love story part of 1, but 3 felt like a bit of a let down.
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    I loved the first book, read it in 24 hours, got book two done in 2 days, book three took 3 days to read, it was ok, but the death of Prim made me angry, but it also kind of took the series full circle. I am really hoping that the movie does not destroy the books!!!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this series! I am re-reading book 1 for the 3rd time and going to see the movie with my 14 year old and her Movie club from school on opening day. I hear there is a fourth book coming up.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I'd like to know where they were getting fuel after the mines were closed.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    *By request, I am putting Spoiler Alert at the top, so if you have not read the books, do not read on. could not put it in the title.... sorry

Has anyone read this series? I want to discuss it with people but all my friends are still reading for the most part! If you have read them, what did you think of the ending of Mockingjay?

I really like how she made the ending so you could feel the repercussions of war. I felt it was a good ending all in all , plus it leaves it open for a new book:flowerforyou:
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm most of the way through Mockingjay. It's dragging for me. I finished the first two books in three days. I've been trying to read this one for about two months!