Women doing Rippetoe's Starting Strength program?

Options
124»

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    One of the best places to post a form check is bodybuilding.com forums. They have "rep" points that fellow posters give to other posters on the validity of their advice. It by no means makes them an expert, but it adds a little more credence to what they're saying.

No, I am going to disagree with you. BB tends to do a lot of things that would contradict the Starting Strength program or any other pure strength programs and would actually derail her efforts. if you following Starting Strength it would better to go to the source and post StartingStrength.com in the forums. They have sections specifically just for it.

http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=155

Also, unless you are BB that really is the last place you want to do a form check. Training for strength BB and too different things.

Actually, they do have a good section for powerlifters and strength athletes. Though, I do agree, the SS.com website is great for form checks.

I'm more of a EFTS guy but SS is good.
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    One of the best places to post a form check is bodybuilding.com forums. They have "rep" points that fellow posters give to other posters on the validity of their advice. It by no means makes them an expert, but it adds a little more credence to what they're saying.

No, I am going to disagree with you. BB tends to do a lot of things that would contradict the Starting Strength program or any other pure strength programs and would actually derail her efforts. if you following Starting Strength it would better to go to the source and post StartingStrength.com in the forums. They have sections specifically just for it.

http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=155

Also, unless you are BB that really is the last place you want to do a form check. Training for strength BB and too different things.

Actually, they do have a good section for powerlifters and strength athletes. Though, I do agree, the SS.com website is great for form checks.

Yes but that is like saying to a guy, there are straight chicks at a gay club. It's true but talk about misdirected effort. :)
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Yes but that is like saying to a guy, there are straight chicks at a gay club. It's true but talk about misdirected effort. :)

LOL
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is old but is anyone still doing SS or looking to start?
    I am starting it this week. . .I was big into lifting in 2009 and 2010 but I have had a longgggg break from lifting so I will be starting from scratch and kicking myself while I am at it LOL!