For Those Who Have Done JM's 30DShred...

Options

Replies

• tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25 and am really starting to see results now. I started with only about 7 or 8 lbs. to lose (so it's really hard for me to lose weight.)

Level 1--didn't think it was difficult (but was definitely sore the next day so it must have been doing something!). I lost 2 lbs very quickly but then gained them back again. Water retention? I dont know but it made me nervous. Definitely started feeling stronger.

Moved to level 2 after the 10 days. Level 2 was much harder--especially the planks for me. No weight loss so I took my measurements (somewhere around day 13). Felt more muscle definition in arms and abs.

I started level 3 even though I wasn't sure I was ready for it and now I'm about half way through. I lost 3 lbs this week. Measurements--(and I only got my baseline measurements more than a week into it--1 inch off narrowest part of waist and 1 inch of thickest part of my belly, no change in hips so far).

I remember reading in online reviews (collage video) that the weight doesn't start to come off until level 3, and for me that seems to be the case.

Love the workout because I'm so busy and it's so fast. Jillian doesn't bother me (like she does some people) and it seems that she does get results. I got Ripped in 30 as a follow-up. And then a Kelly Coffey 30 minutes with weights for after that.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I completed it 2 weeks ago and lost no weight BUT lost almost 4 icnhes overall and feel much better and more toned. Almost finsihed level 1 for the second time :)
  • vwlgirl
    vwlgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs and never measured inches but I know I lost many! It is a tough workout if you give it your all. I did it every day for 30 days.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    well, level 1 I lost .6 lbs and about 2inches, than now I'm on L2 day 10 and I didn't lose a single ounce put lost another 2inches, so hopefully the last 10days I will lose lbs and inches
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alm1055
    Alm1055 Posts: 26
    Options
    I finsihed the Shred about a month ago and I lost 9lbs and 18.5 inches from all over my body! I also really recommend Banish Fat Boost Metabolism! I just started P90X I hope to get to my goal of losing 10-12 more lbs by May! Feel free to add me anyone! :smile:
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    For Ripped in 30, you just need the same equipment that you have for 30 Day Shred. :) I'm doing that one now. I love it!
  • jbrow2487
    jbrow2487 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred today. While I was huffing and puffing by the end of it and I can feel it in my legs right now, I didn't think it was as hard as some people make it out to be? But then again my body might hate me tomorrow :P. Anyways my question to those who have done the 30DS, did you only do the 30DS for your exercise each day? Or were you doing other workouts as well? Thanks :)
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred today. While I was huffing and puffing by the end of it and I can feel it in my legs right now, I didn't think it was as hard as some people make it out to be? But then again my body might hate me tomorrow :P. Anyways my question to those who have done the 30DS, did you only do the 30DS for your exercise each day? Or were you doing other workouts as well? Thanks :)

somedays I do the dvd and some cycling or the dvd and a short jog. Hardly ever just do the dvd unless I am way too busy that day. What I did do was split it. Like did the dvd in the morn and the other stuff a couple of hours later. Level one was not too hard but there a certain moves in level two and three that a killers and I have to say I did not have sore muscles really until starting levely 3 hehe. Hard! But it is also as hard as you make it too. good luck :)
  • melissacpc
    melissacpc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In the middle of that right now, level one day 5 complete so far, want to know others results. I have lost 1.8 pounds so far but I am not going to remeasure until the 30 days are complete. I am still doing the modified version of most of the workout , but I can def see an improvement in how much more I can do everyday. I am really hoping to lose weight and inches, but I will take inches over the weight any day :happy:
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    bump doing a hybrid right now of shred and ripped :-) curious about others results.. seems women lose inches more than weight.. that is my case so far :-)
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    ... Before I finished I had already bought Ripped in 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs. Oh my.....they're tough but I WILL MAKE IT!
    Killer Buns and Thighs are soooooooooooooooooooo great for your butt and legs, after only 10 day you really notice the difference

What equipment do you need for ripped in 30 and how long does a session go for? I am thinking about getting it after I do the 30DS again.

You need your hand weights and a mat. That's it. I recommend to REALLY do level 1 several times before moving on to level 2 of RI30. Level 1 seems easy but it prepares you for a few in:wink: sanities in levels 2 and 3
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options

While I was doing 30DS it was all I did, but I did it every single day. In the meantime I've learned that I'm better off mixing up my routine. I do JM dvds 4 times a week ( RI30 and Killer Buns and Thighs or NMTZ) and I run 3 times a week, walk twice a week. So on most days I work out twice and the combination of strength and cardio helps me losing consistently.
  • sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SnookiBaby92
    Options
    I am also away to re-try to attempt this.... I done it for 5 days and my muscles etc was in complete agony got so bad at one point I felt I couldnt move, cant deny that after you do it though you feel great!

This time I am going to attempt it with a longer warm up and a longer cool down from one of my other DVD's Im thinking about starting this 2nyt!

Add me if you want - could maybe keep eachother motivated through the 30 days?

xxx
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It took me 58 days to actually complete 30 sessions of JM Shred. I am in the 200's at 5'2". That being said ... I lost 6.2 pounds and 7.4 inches overall. I saw very little loss in my arms and bust - most came from my waist and thighs. I can do real push up now and jiggle much less doing jumping jacks!! Its a tough system but it does work - stick with it and do it at your own pace!!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I wasn't able to do it everyday because I also run, but I find that a lot say it's not challenging or quit when they are on Level 1. If you push through to Level 2, it's a different animal and you will definitely change your mind about the workouts. Anyone who has gotten to Level 3 has seen measurable results.

Traveling push-ups are no joke, and those are not a Level 1 move...
  • Marie92281
    Marie92281 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Marie.. I have 3 days left on the shred and I have lost alot of inches I took pictures on day 2, 10, 20...I have lost 4 pounds so far doing the dvd also it is a great workout!!

Being honest I have struggled with level 3 and still do allot of the modified but am still seeing result. Good luck:smile:
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I, like some of you didn't think Level 1 was as hard as everyone said. But I'm sure the other levels will be harder. I am definitely excited to retry this and actually give it a real chance! I now know not to expect to lose more than 10 pounds, but hope to lose some inches. I need to not worry about the scale so much. Super excited for Tuesday, when I start this again:happy:
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    I started level 3 today. woah, I can now do full press ups!! Super impressed at how much stronger I am. Definate muscle definition and my body is changing shape noticeably since starting. lost about 5kgs while doing, about 12pnds I think. I get bored easy with these things so after the first workout I have my ipod blasting and muted the dvd and follow along. Make is really good. gona finish lvl 3 then do something else for a week or two and do it again with more intensity. good luck and enjoy :o)

Just want to ask, I am on level one at the moment, day 5 and I can do all the exercise ok except the full press up, have to do the girlie one... should I stay on level one for the full 10 days and try to get to doing the full press up or move onto level two, plan to do that for 15 days to give myself a bigger challenge overall?
    Haven't watched level three so not sure if I have a chance to try out press-ups again then?!

Any advice gratefully received :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!