Exciting 30 Day Shred Results w/ Pics!

Options

Replies

• pinepl
    pinepl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. WOW!!!!! I would love to hear about your weight loss journey. What an inspiration you are!!!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow!! What an absolutely fabulous transformation from 8 months ago~and you continue to keep going! I've said it before but I'll say it again: It's the people like you that keep the rest of us motivated! Seeing what hard work and dedication can get us is truly inspiring~amazing job!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You really look fantastic!! Congrats : )
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! I will be done with the 30DS on Saturday. My results aren't as dramatic but I also started at 228lbs and a 48' gut. I have lost almost 10lbs, 2 inches off my waist and can tell a huge difference all over my body. I am taking Sunday off and starting the 30DS again on Monday. I hope I can have some brag-worthy pics to share after round 2!
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    OMG great Job!!!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess I'll begin with my weight history. I was a skinny kid up until the 3rd grade when I started getting a little chubby and remained overweight all through high school. I didn't play any sports and was very inactive. I started losing weight my first year of college because I walked to all of my classes and was constantly on the go. I also became a vegetarian for 2 years and pretty much lived off of snack foods like popcorn and reduced fat Cheez-Its. My average weight in my early twenties was around 110-120 and my lowest weight was 105 (WAY too skinny)! I slowly started gaining weight again in my mid to late twenties because I never exercised and ate whatever I wanted. I didn't become unhappy with my weight until a couple of years ago, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. I reached my highest weight (190) in July of 2011 and decided that I HAD to do something! That's when I discovered MFP.

When I first joined MFP, I felt very overwhelmed with the amount of weight I needed to lose and I really thought there was no way I'd be able to do it. I also thought that in order to lose weight I needed to pretty much starve myself which explains my earliest food entries when I was only eating 900 or so calories a day. Luckily, I made friends through the message boards and started soaking up all of the info I could. I realized that I really could do this and started feeling less overwhelmed the more I learned.

At the time I joined, I had recently gotten married and quit my job, so I was a housewife and living a very sedentary lifestyle. I started out by walking at the park and on my treadmill and consumed around 1200 calories/day and did not eat back my exercise calories. I also bought the 30DS, but I didn't do it consistently at all. Then, I got a job at the Subaru plant building engines at the end of August, so I went from being sedentary to active. My job is very physically demanding and I stopped exercising outside of work. I swing 30 lb crankshafts and engine heads around and move at top speed 8-10 hrs/day so I considered that my exercise up until just recently. I consumed 1200-1400 calories/day with an occasional cheat day. I lost 1-2 lbs/week for most of that time, sometimes 3 lbs/week.

As I got closer to my goal weight I realized that I was going to have to put forth a little more effort to get the toned look I wanted. That's when I decided to do the 30DS consistently. At first I was worried that I would be too tired to do the shred on top of working sometimes 60 hrs/week, but it's actually helped me feel more energetic at work. I started adding on 40 minutes of cardio, power walking on the treadmill, so I work out for an hour or so a day now.

Everyone is different and some things work for some and not for others, but here is my advice. Don't think of this as "being on a diet." My mantra has been "everything in moderation." I still eat fast food. I still eat junk food. I still drink beer. I just control my portions now and make sure that I stay under my calorie goal. I log everything that I eat! I also pre-plan my food every day through the week and stick to it. I very rarely go over my calories unintentionally (maybe a few days the entire 8 months) because I'm very dedicated and I refuse to make excuses. My diary is open to the public and it helps me stay accountable. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but it's helped me a lot. I've been working on eating more protein and fiber, and more fruits and vegetables (although if you're looking at my diary today and tomorrow, I really need to go grocery shopping, lol). I've also started eating back some of my exercise calories and so far, so good.

That's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's a lot more I'll think of and I can add more later. Good luck to all of you and if you have any more questions, ask away! Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I really appreciate it! =)
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!!!!!!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    you look incredible! i can def see results from 30DS! Jillian ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome!! YOU look great!!!
  • skinnyjanie2013
    Options
    WOW! You look great! I'm a big fan of Jillian myself. I need and love her drill sargent approach to weight loss. I also have a great deal of respect for her, because she has been overweight before. I wanted to ask you, if you were doing any additional exercise along with the 30DS program? I've never relied solely on 30DS to loose weight because I felt like it wasn't enough cardio for me.
  • pennybutton
    pennybutton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well Done!! You are an inspiration. Just ordered 30DS - now I am going to do it if these are the results
  • ChristmasCrystal
    ChristmasCrystal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, WOW!! You look so amazing!!!
  • miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love reading your posts and your story because your start weight is the same as mine was (from 3 years ago) and if in the end, I can look like you do now, well lets just say, ILL BE ECSTATIC! Your a true inspiration on how to work HARD and get results. WELL DONE, keep it up! You are amazing!
  • sacal96
    sacal96 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow thats awesome for only being halfway through! And incredible porgress since your start!! You look awesome!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! Here's my weight loss story. I copied and pasted to a blog. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KyliAnnHobson/view/my-weight-loss-story-224032

I wanted to add it to my original post, but I don't see the option to edit.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    HOOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY!!! I started it too. I can't wait to see more results!
  • ChynnaM09
    ChynnaM09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! :)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • sportsciencegirl
    sportsciencegirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your pics look amazing! Well done! I hope I can find my 30DS soon cos I wanna start it so badly!
    Hey just wanted to say congratulations. It is never easy to deal with losing a lot of weight, but it does our hearts good to see other peoples success. I need to lose 40lbs to be in my goal weight. It is harder after fifty. Stay trim for your lifetime. You'll always be thankful you did.

I love your advice on stay trim for your lifetime!

I used to be really fit and healthy and then let myself slide this last 2 years - I'm only 24 and I'm trying to get myself back to what I used to be by the time I turn 25...and then from there on in I'll be trying to stay trim and healthy, eating right and exercising my whole life - as you say, I'll be thankful if I do.

*Suffer the pain of discipline OR suffer the pain of regret*
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    amazing results, thanks for sharing!!! You look wonderful! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!