soda drinkers!!!!

Options

Replies

• kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you have to drink over 1,000 12 oz cans of soda in order to reach the risk level identified in mice. I think I can maintain under the limit....oh and by the way, being born has been shown to result in death 100% of the time, just so you are aware!

omg that!^^ Just live everyday like its your last. :happy:
  • texastumbleweed1
    Options
    Seems like everything causes cancer now days. My boss stresses me out and gives me migranes can I slap a stamp on his forehead "warning I stress people out for a living"?
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, that, among other reasons, is why I haven't drank pop since high school. My cross-country coach forbade it because the phosphorous in it can deplete bone strength (something to that effect, not entirely 100% sure what the science behind it is) so he didn't want his runners more prone to stress fractures. Also, people usually think drinking diet pop will help them lose weight... not the case.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of shoes that have a sticker on the bottom that says they may contian a chemicle known to the state of CA to cause cancer.
    I love my cancer shoes
  • DieVixen
    Options
    Yes, that, among other reasons, is why I haven't drank pop since high school. My cross-country coach forbade it because the phosphorous in it can deplete bone strength (something to that effect, not entirely 100% sure what the science behind it is) so he didn't want his runners more prone to stress fractures. Also, people usually think drinking diet pop will help them lose weight... not the case.

Wow so that 61 pounds i lost all while drinking diet soda must have been my imagination?
  • DieVixen
    Options
    Just saw on the news that due to a law in California, Pepsi and Coke have to put a MAY CAUSE CANCER warning on their labels. The ingredient used for coloring is the carcinogen (sp?).

I had no idea. I don't drink soda, but just another good reason not to.

Ever notice that EVERYTHING causes cancer "in California?" That's why I haven't moved there. :laugh:

Maybe its California causing the cancer? I always knew that state should be listed as a carcinogen
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I only drink Coke because it hides the whiskey well while I'm at work.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Wow sorry California. I'll stay over here in NY were our cokes doesn't have a cancer sign. I wonder why it's bad for you there, and not here. Does it interact with the sun?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    22068e78091d696a010cd36a5243af2c.png
  • cmsiemsen
    Options

Wow so that 61 pounds i lost all while drinking diet soda must have been my imagination?

haha, oh, not at all! Clearly you've been eating healthily and exercising. I'm referring to the people that order a Big Mac Extra Value meal, extra large fries, an apple pie and a Diet Coke. There is a disconnect there somewhere...
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ....oh and by the way, being born has been shown to result in death 100% of the time, just so you are aware!

Yep. Can only avoid it so long, amirite.
  • cmsiemsen
    Options
    22068e78091d696a010cd36a5243af2c.png

I *adore* someecards.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Just saw on the news that due to a law in California, Pepsi and Coke have to put a MAY CAUSE CANCER warning on their labels. The ingredient used for coloring is the carcinogen (sp?).

I had no idea. I don't drink soda, but just another good reason not to.

In California, christmas tree lights have a "May Cause Cancer" warning too. Does it seem like it's a good idea to stop decorating your christmas tree with lights because of this?

There are WAY better reasons for avoiding soda than the junk-science "caramel color causes cancer" and other silly junk science reasons. Like the fact that it's got a lot of calories with no nutritive value. Avoiding it because California puts a lable on it is just silly.
  • FitLink
    Options

I guess your cross-country coach didn't teach science. Phosphorous doesn't cause bone problems. EVER. There is some evidence that PHOSPHORIC ACID can, but if anyone tells you some crap about phosphorous causing "bone strength depletion" they are clearly repeating something they didn't understand so aren't repeating correctly and you need to look more closely at the real, peer-reviewed evidence. Tis is true of som many things....
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

haha, oh, not at all! Clearly you've been eating healthily and exercising. I'm referring to the people that order a Big Mac Extra Value meal, extra large fries, an apple pie and a Diet Coke. There is a disconnect there somewhere...

I was one of those people. I just hate regular soda of any type. Too much sugar. Its just what I like.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, that, among other reasons, is why I haven't drank pop since high school.
    You stopped drinking it years ago because of something that happened now? Impressive!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What about club soda? Isn't that just fizzy water?
    The chemical we are panicking over today is only found in sodas with caramel color, so club soda is OK.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Water MAY be harmful to your health. Not kidding. People have died from drinking water.

I think there should be a warning label on all Taps, Wells, and Water Bubblers.

California? Are you listening?
  • FitLink
    Options

Oh, wait for it! Soon to follow will be the "No, I don't mean you, I mean the "lazy fat people, not you.. YOU obviously eat healthier than that" You lose weight when you burn more calories than you eat. What you eat may affect your metabolism/burn, but if you burn more than you eat, you lose weight. Even if you drink diet soda. What the poster MAY be referring to is a study where artificial sweeteners were CORRELATED (and correlation tells us nothing about causation) with weight gain. The thought was, though there is no actual proof of this, that the extreme sweetness of artificial sweeteners dulls taste buds and may cause one to eat more food in general to gain the same satisfaction. Again, correlation, but no real answers.

Do what works for you. It's not your imagination.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ABC News reported on this last night. They said Coke is going to be changing their recipe for the "caramel color" and removing the carcinogen. They also reported that the pink filler that is featured in Food, Inc. for McD's meat... is also in most grocery store meat. And, unless the meat is stamped USDA Organic, it probably has the filler (which is basically the leftovers melted down into a pink slime and used to be used for dog food)... so it's still animal... just not the quality expected for human consumption. MORE PANIC! ACKKKK!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/is-pink-slime-in-the-beef-at-your-grocery-store/