Peanut Butter Fix without the Fat!

Options

Replies

• maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tried the better 'n peanut butter and it is really sweet and not as satisfying...I think I will probably stay with the real thing, and cut calories elsewhere.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    do you find it scary to eat something that was made to taste like the real thing?? What are the ingredients and what chemical are in that?? I will stick to my all natural peanut butter from the publix deli. Its is 100 % roasted peanuts ground, no added sugar, salt, oil, or chemicals. I say stick to natural foods and avoid these man made taste alikes. Moderation.

There is nothing chemically about it. The ingredients for the chocolate PB2 are Roasted Peanuts, Cocoa Powder, Sugar and Salt.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    It's expensive!! just looked it up, I like peanut butter with the nuts, I have some in a wholemeal sandwich for a quick energy fix, I would rather count the higher cals and fat, and have the proper thing.
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It is a little pricey...I bought it off of ebay for $10.00 and free shipping. I just ordered the chocolate pb2 off of ebay this morning. It is really good in smoothies. I made one just this morning...1 frozen banana, 2 tbsp pb2 (powder, not mixed) 1/2 cup of plain almond milk and 1 packet of stevia...It was awesome, tastes just like a milkshake! I can't wait to make some smoothies with the chocolate kind.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    but I like fat :(
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Dang.... we're a peanut free household because of a severe peanut allergy of one of my kids. Anyone know of a soybased similar product. We currently use Almond Butter or Soy Butter, so taste is never really much of a factor LOL
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Why not just buy defatted peanut flour, it's the same thing, and cheaper.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    but I like fat :(
    This too, although the fat in peanut butter might not be the healthiest choice.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Not sure I want my PB to have added sugar and salt. I just buy natural peanut butter or almond butter and account for the calories.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with regular peanut butter?
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    hmmm thanks! worth a look for sure.
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    bump
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    can u get this in the UK? ive looked online and i cant find it :(
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, thanks for sharing!!!!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have Banana PB (Simple ingredients: Peanuts, Sugar, Bananas) and Chocolate PB (Peanuts, Sugar and Cocoa powder)...sooooo good. I'll never give them up

p_chocolate.jpg

p_banana.jpg

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I just don't want to use all the calories...lol

Nutrition facts:

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat < 0.01 g
    Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A < 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chocolate PB2
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
    Calories from fat: 10

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1 g 1.5%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat <0.01 g
    Cholesterol <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 70 mg 3%
    Total carbohydrate 6 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 4 g
    Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
  • Mom_4_More_Muscles
    Options
    I don't think I can bring myself to try the powdered peanut butter, but I eat low sodium Better N' Peanut Butter ALL the time. I like it better than normal peanut butter...it's so delicious. I had been getting it at Target for something like 7 dollars...but then yesterday I discovered they have it at Trader Joe's for way less than that. Score.

I haven't tried PB2, yet..... I'm eating BetterNButter Low Sodium for now. I stocked up when it was on sale. :bigsmile: 100 cal per serving of 2 Tablespoons;. 2gSugars and 2g fat. I get mine at Whole Foods.

It's all in the choices. :happy: We choose what works for us and we succeed. :smile:

It's ALL in the ATTITUDE!! Make it a great day!!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

I just don't want to use all the calories...lol

Nutrition facts:

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat < 0.01 g
    Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A < 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chocolate PB2
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
    Calories from fat: 10

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1 g 1.5%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat <0.01 g
    Cholesterol <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 70 mg 3%
    Total carbohydrate 6 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 4 g
    Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%

I need the calories...

I'm not trying to starve myself or anything. I'd pass out during my work outs if I didn't get my calories.

nom nom nom
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    FRANKEN-FOODS might help with weight loss but they won't help with health (they'll only take you so far with weight loss, too). It isn't the fat you eat that makes you fat.

You get fat because your body can't get to your fat tissue to use it (an inability to burn fat - i.e. use it for fuel - not that you're eating too much fat). Want to know what promotes fat storage and stops the body from accessing it? High levels of insulin constantly in your bloodstream. Want to know what causes high levels of insulin in your bloodstream? Eating high-carb every few hours all day, every day. Your body is constantly having to manage the amount of glucose in your blood and what isn't used immediately gets converted to fat and sent to your adipose tissue (and it is converted to saturated fat - yes, evil saturated fat). You get fat becauase of the cheap, nutrient deficient processed foods that make up over 90% of the grocery store.

Never quite understood the do enough cardio to 'burn off the carbs' so your body can dig into its fat stores. Why not just drop the carbs and let your body have immediate access to your fat stores? -Then you don't have to do all that chronic cardio (google those two words) My muscles no longer even want glucose. If I eat too many carbs at one time the sugar just lingers in my blood (or my body produces too much insulin and I end up with a serious blood sugar crash - too much insulin is not a good thing for the body. It's an important hormone and needed but too much...no.) I eat more fat - mostly saturated fat - than any other macronutrient. I am maintaining a weight of about 110-113lbs (depending on my carb intake) without even trying. Very little exercise needed too.

I haven't weighed this much since before puberty and I've never seen below 120 in my adulthood.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    FRANKEN-FOODS might help with weight loss but they won't help with health (they'll only take you so far with weight loss, too). It isn't the fat you eat that makes you fat.

You get fat because your body can't get to your fat tissue to use it (an inability to burn fat - i.e. use it for fuel - not that you're eating too much fat). Want to know what promotes fat storage and stops the body from accessing it? High levels of insulin constantly in your bloodstream. Want to know what causes high levels of insulin in your bloodstream? Eating high-carb every few hours all day, every day. Your body is constantly having to manage the amount of glucose in your blood and what isn't used immediately gets converted to fat and sent to your adipose tissue (and it is converted to saturated fat - yes, evil saturated fat). You get fat becauase of the cheap, nutrient deficient processed foods that make up over 90% of the grocery store.

Never quite understood the do enough cardio to 'burn off the carbs' so your body can dig into its fat stores. Why not just drop the carbs and let your body have immediate access to your fat stores? -Then you don't have to do all that chronic cardio (google those two words) My muscles no longer even want glucose. If I eat too many carbs at one time the sugar just lingers in my blood (or my body produces too much insulin and I end up with a serious blood sugar crash - too much insulin is not a good thing for the body. It's an important hormone and needed but too much...no.) I eat more fat - mostly saturated fat - than any other macronutrient. I am maintaining a weight of about 110-113lbs (depending on my carb intake) without even trying. Very little exercise needed too.

46.gif