Tim Hortons Coffee Large Double Double 460 cals a day

Options
2»

Replies

• lschramm
    lschramm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tim hortons is my mega downfall. When I'm at work and get that 3pm sweet tooth, I would have a large double double and a donut, well right there, that's over 500 calories! So now I've switched to a medium with cream and splenda. and skip the donut! I haven't had a donut in a month and a half, and I don't even miss them.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Its truly amazing the calories we consume without knowing!!!
  • wish_iwas
    Options
    Good for you! I am a Timmies tea drinker.. xl 3 cream and 3 splenda... thats 90 calories! eek. So I have cut down to only once in a while getting it.. But i was absolutely floored when i saw what the whole wheat bagel with plain cream cheese calories were! So much for thinking it was a healthy choice (compared to the other choices) It is amazing how cutting out even one thing can make sure a but difference.
  • aalexander0607
    aalexander0607 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    MWF I have a small Cafe Latte with soy (switched from vanilla latte) and its 178 cals

TR I have dunkin donuts small vanilla latte with skim for 90 cals!

I can't give it up! Its the only thing that keeps me awake all day and just about the only way I can go to the bathroom o_O
    Good for you for not giving it up completely! Small changes count the most!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *waves from edmonton*

not anal at all *L* hey! You ARE talking about finding a way to keep timmies in your food plan afterall! *L*
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    large coffee, 2 milk 1 sugar.

I find their coffee naturally sweet already. I get used to it but it definitely has a distinctly different taste than any other regularly brewed coffee.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I have never heard this expression, does it refer to the way disposable coffee cups are rolled along the top or something else?
    Yikes! No Roll up the Rim is worth that many calories ;)

It's when I see those numbers that I am happy that I drink my Timmies black!

Roll up the Rim is their contest campaign thingie. They print prizes or most often "Please Play Again" under the roll at the rim. Totally a Canadian thing. :)

I was SHOCKED with how many cals are in bagels. I had a quarter of a bagel with butter and I think it's about as much as a cookie...I'll take the cookie thank you very much!

Have you coffee and tea drinkers tried milk instead of cream? I only drink tea so I get milk and that's fine. I know though from making my husband's coffee in the morning he will only drink it with cream and sugar. Does it really make that much of a difference in the taste?
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The fat molecules in the cream bind to the coffee, enhancing the flavour. It really does make a difference, and takes some getting used to. I have been a coffee drinker for 25 years, and I cannot drink it with milk. I do have it down to 5% fat half and half, but I cannot make that last jump to milk.

Drinking a Timmies medium (new size) regular right now...hope I win a car!
  • DantonD
    DantonD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to drink black coffee for 2 weeks and you'll never need cream and sugar (or those 150 calories) again.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to drink black coffee for 2 weeks and you'll never need cream and sugar (or those 150 calories) again.

I tried that several times but I just can't do it. I would rather give up coffee than drink it black.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

I tried that several times but I just can't do it. I would rather give up coffee than drink it black.

Me too. I'd rather give up some food in my diet to save the calories, and enjoy my coffee w/ cream and sugar. I just can't drink it black....
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like a cup of freshly ground black coffee. When the coffee tastes just like the freshly ground beans smell...mmmmmm.

Being of Scandinavian descent, I'd be kicked out of the clan if I soiled it with milk or sugar.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on figuring out the calories and making the changes. I used to have 2 extra large double double's from Tim Horton's now I have 1 extra large (old size) with 2 cream.

Before I joined MFP I would have a Venti White Mocca with whipped cream at least once a day and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing anything. I was blown away as to how many calories are in just one of those, I don't even drink them any more and if I crave Starbucks (I prefer second cup) but anyways if I crave a specialty coffee I will treat myself but I get a smaller size and usually make it a skinny non-fat.

It is our "snacks" that usually put us over.

Also from Edmonton lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!