Beware of Chipotle

Replies

• SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 243 Member
    Take a look at this...

http://www.chipotless.com/

Reminds me of the Subway diet except with Mexican food. I just don't have the money or a close by Chipotle, which is delicious. You can calculate what you want before you go there, which I enjoy.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    I love Chipotle but do not make it a habit to go there often. The portions are ridiculously big. I ate there once for Brunch and was full for two weeks. It literally felt like I ate a baby
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    I love Chipotle but do not make it a habit to go there often. The portions are ridiculously big. I ate there once for Brunch and was full for two weeks. It literally felt like I ate a baby

Are you certain you didn't eat a baby?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member

Are you certain you didn't eat a baby?
    mmm barbacoa baby meat.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Take a look at this...

http://www.chipotless.com/

Reminds me of the Subway diet except with Mexican food. I just don't have the money or a close by Chipotle, which is delicious. You can calculate what you want before you go there, which I enjoy.

OMG.... must resist.... urge to start thread....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    10d8cd1c-0641-482c-a48b-d9af88de02b0.jpg
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member

You forgot to photoshop a burrito in all of their hands XD
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    If you go on-line you can download their nutrition facts. You can easily make a salad fit into your calorie goals if you pay attention to what you want on it.

If it's a workout day for me I could do...
    - Salad with 1 serving of rice, chicken or steak (same nutrient values), tomatoes
    - NO SALAD DRESSING

If it's a non-lifting day for I could do
    - Salad > chicken or steak > tomatoes > guacamole
    - No Dressing

To me their biggest issue is the sodium content.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    hmmmm...I just finished a delicious bol from Chipotle and it was only 490 calories...it tastes just as good without all the "bad" stuff. No need to "beware"...just be smart.

^ This. I usually only eat half a bowl anyway, go with 1/2 the brown rice, 1/2 the black beans, extra fajita veggies, add chicken, tomato salsa and just a 1/2 of the corn salsa, no cheese, no sour cream and it's totally filling and delicious.

You can eat well anywhere - just make good choices.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Sodium makes me cringe but I can make my chipotle as "good" or as "bad" as I want. My prefered choice for fast food.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member

You forgot to photoshop a burrito in all of their hands XD

ROFL!!!!

Everypony loves Chipotle.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 567 Member
    McDonalds does own it.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    I get the Burrito Bol and choose no sour cream, no cheese, no guacamole, half the regular amount of black beans and half the regular amount of rice. It doesn't turn out to be so bad. Don't get the pintos, pintos usually have lard as an ingredient to make them extra tasty.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    If you like Chipotle, and have a Qdoba in the area, give Qdoba a try. My experience is that is far more delicious. Don't mind Chipotle, but I drool over Qdoba (especially the Mexican Gumbo!)
  • lawmama_
    McDonalds does own it.

McDonald's sold their interest in the company long ago.
  • lawmama_
    Sodium makes me cringe but I can make my chipotle as "good" or as "bad" as I want. My prefered choice for fast food.

Agreed! It's my go-to choice for fast food. You are in control as to what ingredients go into it. I just drink a TON of water that day to balance out the sodium intake.
  • lawmama_
    hmmmm...I just finished a delicious bol from Chipotle and it was only 490 calories...it tastes just as good without all the "bad" stuff. No need to "beware"...just be smart.

^ This. I usually only eat half a bowl anyway, go with 1/2 the brown rice, 1/2 the black beans, extra fajita veggies, add chicken, tomato salsa and just a 1/2 of the corn salsa, no cheese, no sour cream and it's totally filling and delicious.

You can eat well anywhere - just make good choices.

Exactly my point!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I love this place as much as the next person, but I once heard that it was once owned by McDonald's.
    Lol, does the word "McDonalds" mean "Satan" in your head? Who cares who owns it? Anyway their nutritional info is available online and it isn't shocking at all.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Totally misinterpreted this thread. I thought you were talking about Chipotle, the bully in 6th grade. Man, was he mean. Called us all names and stuff. He would eat at McDonald's too. Definitely beware of him.
  • brown0928
    brown0928 Posts: 49
    My husband and I were the eat out king and queen about a month ago (full time employees & students). We don't eat out NEARLY as much now, but when I do choose to chipotle is one of my favorite places, ESPECIALLY since they now offer brown rice. Like many other's have said you can get a bowl for anywhere from 400-600 calories (which is actually lunch & dinner for me) it's the sodium that you have to be careful with. #teamchipotle (when I do indulge!:))