Beginners Walking Challenge - Session 2

Options

Replies

• spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement....it's good to know I've got people in my corner

So I haven't gotten to swim @ all the past two days...bad thunderstorms and I still haven't been given the ok to walk, however, I am looking into to a bike.

I am still up but down a 1.5lb from before so at keast I am headed back in the right direction. I haven't had any energy lately....Any suggestions?!? I am so tired of feeling tired.

Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work.

I just want to say wow for those of you who walk 4, 5, and more a day....I can't wait until I can get there! :drinker: :smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hi! I haven't been able to check out the threads lately. I feel like I haven't talked to you guys in awhile!!!
    I've been walking a lot lately. I really enjoy walking more than anything right now, not sure why, but at least I'm doing something! I hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey all :flowerforyou:

Boy have I been slacking. I am starting back with the walking...tonight! :bigsmile: I got off track for a bit, but I am getting right back on! :happy:

:heart: Have a good week everyone! :drinker:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :flowerforyou: I hope everyone is having a great day. I just finished 3 miles. I am still going to do the Shred and walk 2 more miles tonight. It's a sunny HOT day here in TX. I hope everyone has a great afternoon/evening . :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • westenfan
    westenfan Posts: 10
    Options
    i have been seriously out of the loop in regards to everything this week. even tho things are looking better, it seems like i lost my drive last week, and cant seem to get it back. ive had no desire to walk, and im letting harley down too. somebody help me get my drive back, i feel so much better when i walk.:sad:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey westenfan,

Go find Harley RIGHT NOW.

You got him? Okay. Look deep into those super-cute puppy dog eyes and promise him that tomorrow morning you WILL take him for a walk--even if it's just around the block. He doesn't care if he goes three miles or three sidewalk squares! He just wants to get out and get moving with his workout buddy! Remember that you get to choose whether you want to work out or not. He's totally dependent upon you for his workout and he's really missing it. He PM'd me to tell me he's worried about love handles and he doesn't even know what those are!

Seriously--if you're like me, you love your dog more than yourself. If you're finding it hard to motivate yourself for yourself, motivate yourself for Harley. Remember, everything you do is okay with him, but he really wants exercise and doesn't know how to ask you for it. :flowerforyou:

Good luck and I hope you get your mojo back!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hey everbody!!

Today is my 2 month anniversary on MFP!! Yeah! When I set my goals back in May, I was hoping that I would be at 178 by today. However, I am only at 179.2 :grumble: . I would like to think that the 2 oz. is from the underwear that I had on when I weighed:laugh: ! I have really been struggling these last two weeks with getting motivation, but after reading the last few posts it encouraged me to go walking again! And that's just what I did. I put on my walking shoes that I keep in my desk drawer at work and I walked 1 mile in 15 minutes! Yay me!! I think after seeing myself be so close to my goal, that it sort of kicked me in the but to get moving again.
  • stratdl
    Options
    Good for you cpafford!!! That's the exact right spirit! :bigsmile:

• stratdl
    Options
    Just checking to see if anybody is still out there walking!

• mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    I would like to join. I walked 30 minutes on Wed and 30 minutes on Sunday. My goal for this week will be 3 days:smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Welcome Mouser79! This is a great group to join :smile:

I ended up wogging for an hour and a half yesterday. Def didn't intend to exercise that long, I just kept going and going lol Today I wogged for about 30 mins bc I had work this morning.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm hoping to get in a morning walk tomorrow morning.

Have a great night!:flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!
    Just catching up on everybody's posts for the week - glad to see the new faces and hear how we are pushing through the ups and downs of this journey to a healthier lifestyle. That's one of the things I have to remind myself of on a regular basis: It's a lifestyle change and more about getting there rather than the end result. It makes me feel good to know that I'm making progress ~ no matter how long it seems to take.
    Checking in for the week:
    7/11 - walk 50 min
    7/12 - walk 50 min
    7/13 - TJ 50 min
    7/14 - TJ 65 min walk 25 min
    7/15 - TJ 20 min walk 50 min
    7/16 - TJ 20 min walk 30 min
    7/17 - TJ 45 min walk 30 min
    Total - 200 min TJ 235 min walking

Just got back from 50 min walk for this morning and ready for a beautiful day. Hope hearts are light and you guys are smiling!!

Have a great weekend,
    Janet:heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I'm being lazy today. I had full intentions on waking up early and going for a walk...but I slept in instead and now it's 11:20am and I'm sitting on the computer looking thru threads instead of walking lol.
    Yikes! It looks like it's going to rain. I guess I better go get my walking shoes on before it does!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    where has everyone been??
  • cpafford79
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I walked for 30 minutes yesterday and did the TJ Fat Blaster workout. I had the neatest experience while on my walk and I thought I would share it with you guys. I LOVE getting up early on Sunday mornings and walking because I use it as my prayer time and because it's always so peaceful! I headed out the door around 7:45 am, just when the sun was getting up over the trees and starting to shine bright. I was looking down at the ground to keep the sun from shining in my eyes when I heard a noise over to my left. When I looked up there was a deer standing about 15 feet away from me in my neighbor's driveway! It just stood there and looked at me so peacefully and wasn't afraid! I stood still and watched it for about 3 minutes as it walked into their yard, ate some flowers, and then crossed the street about 10 feet away from me and went into the woods. I just kept thinking how beautiful of an experience that was because the deer was not even afraid of me and did not just take off running! :smile:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Great story, cpafford! That's a great reason to keep up with the morning walks!!!!

Hi everyone!!

Today I started back to doing some cardio. I used the elliptical for 35 minutes so that I could be a little bit more gentle on my achilles tendon. Also, I found that I could stretch it a bit as I was working out. I feel so much better when I get some cardio workouts into my weeks!!

From what I read about achilles tendonitis, I probably developed it because I did too much. :frown: So I've decided to cardio 3 times per week and strength train 3 times a week, alternating days. This week will be a gentle re-introduction to cardio (meaning, pretty much elliptical for my cardio this week, since I have a bad tendency to really rip it up when I'm walking!) and then I'll get back to the higher intensity walking next week. I still have my goal of 5K walking time 30 minutes or less by Memorial Day 2010. :bigsmile:

I hope all the walkers out there (both walkers who can walk and walkers who want to walk but can't) have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Cheers :drinker:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers.:flowerforyou: I'm back on track today. I walked 2 miles this morning and I'll walk 2 more tonight. We drove to Dallas yesterday. We had fun but I ate some junk not on my plan and had the yummiest frozen rum drink ever, I didn't lose or gain last week so I'm happy about that. We didn't get home until 2 Am so I'm so tired. I hope everyone has a great day!!!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • cpafford79
    Options
    Good morning walkers!

I just got back from my 1 mile walk at work. I am committing myself to walking another 1 mile this afternoon. I have found myself with a very busy schedule the past few weeks and I have been too tired to work out once I get home and actually "stop" for the day. :ohwell: So, my solution is going to be making myself use my daily 15 minute am & pm break to walk our 1 mile path at work! :happy: I hope it works!

:heart: Carrie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers- :flowerforyou: 2 miles for me this morning in 94 degree heat. :glasses: I hope to get in 2 more when the sun sets. Have a great day everyone! Cindy :heart:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Hi all!

No walking today, but definitely got in some high-intensity cardio on the elliptical this morning! Whew! I was super-sweaty when I was all done!

I also did Week 4, Day 2 of the 100 pushups challenge last night. Cindy, I don't know HOW you can do that! It's SO hard for me! Sure, I can pretty much whip out the first set, but after that, I'm pretty much spent--forget about the max-ing out!!! Do you stop in the "up" position while you're doing your sets?

Have a great day, all!