100+ lbs to lose and I could realy use some support.

Options

Replies

• emeralz
    emeralz Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! My Goal is 100+ as well, 18 down, many more to go.. Always looking for serious loss seekers, and think it is a wonderful idea to have to be accountable, we can all use the support that only we can understand here. Feel free to add me!

12809490.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Jessica... you are welcome to add me as a friend. The support you will find here on MFP is amazing! :flowerforyou:

12908857.png
  • diagyrl
    diagyrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica -

I am new here as well - just starting on the journey & I have A LOT more than 100 pounds to lose. I would be happy to fight beside you in this battle to lose weight!!!

Hugs - Dia
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I started with 123# to lose and currently have just 28# left. My diary is open and I have good days and bad days.....my good days far "outweigh" the bad so I continue to lose (slowly at this point!) and that is what counts!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best! You *can* do it!

ETA: I'm not really adding people, but I get asked about how I did it so often that I blogged about it. Feel free to take a look if you want.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CoryIda/view/how-did-you-do-it-200995
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Add me! Add me! I need to lose a ton of weight! And am having a hard time getting motivated enough to make it thru a whole day without backsliding on the eating! And exercise? No way! That's not even a blip on my radar yet! I feel like I just must not be ready emotionally, but I am oh-so-ready physically!!! I need a swift kick in the rump to get me going!!!!!!
  • AuntieLee
    AuntieLee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just signed up but have been on this journey for more than 30 years! Have only recently (July 2011) found the eating plan that works for me and the weight has been melting off.

The weight loss was an unexpected happy side effect of managing my allergies and arthritis.

The biggest problem I am facing is from colleagues and so-called friends... Everyone is a critic of my healthy eating plan (too much fat, not enough carbs, shouldn't have chocolate, etc) You name it, I`ve heard it! But I`m sure you have too. People who never spoke to me before seem to believe it is ok to ask how much I`ve lost and a full range of other personal questions.

As much as I would love to tell them to butt out I have to maintain a degree of professionalism that is required within the workplace.

Any suggestions of how to deal with what I perceive as their rudeness, would be greatly appreciated.
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello! And welcome! I will be your friend! I have 100 pounds to lose as well.

At MFP, you don't have to do it alone!

You CAN do this!!
  • justcruz83
    Options
    I think that most people ask questions about your weight loss probably because they are looking for some tips of their own and most people throw in their two cents because they think they know it all but some people really care. The best thing to do is thank the person for their suggestion and let them know that you have a system that works and you'll keep their suggestion in mind. For other random people who just start asking you personal questions I would keep in mind that they are probably in need of help or tips. I would reverse the questions to them and say " Why do you ask, are you looking for some pointers"? and make it about them and not about you. You may even make some new work out friends.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica....I've got plenty of pounds to lose. I've been on this site for 6 weeks and I love it. Feel free to add me; I love to provide support and encouragement to my friends.
  • jcolered
    jcolered Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi my name is Jeanette. Like you I would love to lose 100 + lbs too. Maybe we can help each other ..
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Add me! Add me! I need to lose a ton of weight! And am having a hard time getting motivated enough to make it thru a whole day without backsliding on the eating! And exercise? No way! That's not even a blip on my radar yet! I feel like I just must not be ready emotionally, but I am oh-so-ready physically!!! I need a swift kick in the rump to get me going!!!!!!

I will gladly provide the kick! :flowerforyou:

Please feel free to add me too. I have a long way to go but am determined to succeed.
  • o4joyed
    o4joyed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have 100+ to lose also.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I need to loose an additional 130 pounds. Feel free to add me if you like. This is a great site and the support on here is fantastic!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a little over 100 left to lose.. Feel free to add me, I love friends :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, i also have over 100 pounds to lose, feel free to add me!

L
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 and have 50 more to go. Hit my plateau and like you, need a swift kick to get me going again. Feel free to add me to your support team...the more, the merrier! :happy:
  • kerrphy_2011
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have 100 + pounds to lose!. Welcome!!
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have more than 100 pounds to lose. Add me!

Maybe we should all make a 100 pound club?
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Hi Jessica!
    I'm trying to lose 100 pounds too. Good luck!