How did 30 Day Shred work for you?

Options

Replies

• katetaylor999
    katetaylor999 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, only one piece of advice for you when you start the shred. Strech, strech, strech or you will not be able to walk down stairs or get up and down from a chair. Jillian doesn't do any quad streches before you begin. So, after warm up, stop dvd and strech out your legs or you will be sorry. Muscle tone shows up after only one week. If you control your eating I'm sure you will lose weight. You burn about 185 to 200 calories with each 20 minute workout. (I read that on one of the workout sites) Good Luck!:smile:

Thank you for the tip! I will definitely remember to stretch. I do not have the time to be walking around all day like a zombie. haha.

I shall post before/after pics in 30days.

^^^ Yes, this...BIG TIME!!!

Wish I's read this before I did day 1 on Monday night - I genuinely have been in agony with my quads since!! Can't walk properly or anything, and I wouldn't class myself as an exercise-phobe!!

Good luck
  • katetaylor999
    katetaylor999 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In fact, I didn't struggle with stairs afterwards - I fell down them!!! My legs were complete jelly. I'm still struggling with stairs lol
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    M planning to start from tommorow will weigh myself in nd all dat. I did do level 1 ad a trial for a day and it was hard I barely made through but I do hope to surprise my hubby wen he comes bak nrxt sat. M planning to combinr 30 DS wid yoga so I hope my wlk eud b normal. Though i have to say its pretty hard on legs
  • JacksonMomto3
    Options
    I just finished up Level 2 today (move on to Level 3 on Monday).

After the first level, I lost 5.5 inches and 5lbs

On the second day of level two, I threw out my back, so I missed a few days. This past week, I did Level 1 & Level 2 every day to play catch up for missing the first week of Level 2. Results weren't as good this week, I gained the weight I lost back, and even gained an inch back in my waist and chest. Its almost that time of the month too, so that may have played a factor into it, plus from throwing out my back last week. But I did see results, I lost another 1.5 inch off my hips. So any results are good results!

I will say, although I cannot visibly see it, I can FEEL my body toning and changing. My body still looks the same to me. But my calves feel more toned, my upper arms, and I can even feel my abs underneath the flab of my stomach (cant see them, but I can feel them). My endurance is a lot stronger. When I started Level 1, I literally would have to keep hitting pause on the DVD during the cardio portions just to catch my breath, and get a drink of water, and then continue. Now...well like I said above, I was doing Level 1 AND Level 2 all this week, no breaks, no pausing the DVD, no resting. I do this workout 5 days a week (weekends I rest, I have 3 kids, and weekends are hectic).

Good Luck, and I agree with the poster above, STRETCH THOSE QUADS! After the first day, I literally could barely walk the 2nd and 3rd days. It was awful. But by the 5th day, all my soreness was completely gone.
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    Hi There, I've only completed day 6 of level 1 today but am keeping going to the end, lol. My scale has not budged at all for the last 2 weeks but I measured at the start and can tell in the mirror today that my shape is totally different to even 6 days ago. I measured today and have lost 9 inches in 6 days which quite frankly is ridiculous (can't quite believe it). I guess that is an indicator of how much flab I have to shift. I have so far lost 3.5 inches round my belly button (what is that about), 1 inch off the biggest part of my tummy, 2 inches off my waist , 1 inch from my hips, 1/2 inch from my chest and each thigh, 1/4 inch from each upper arm.

I would like to think I won't measure again until the end but being honest if my scale doesn't start shifting, I probably will just for the boost! Two colleagues actually asked me today whether I'd lost weight so I guess things are moving, lol.

GOOD LUCK x
  • vickyj29
    vickyj29 Posts: 38
    Options
    I completed it last Friday and lost a total of 8.5 inches all over, and the difference wasnt obvious to me until I posted my pics on here the other day. I loved doing it and have actually started doing it all over again lol, I hated level 2 with a passion and have to say level 3 was my favourite. You feel fantastic when you complete it, so much more toned and a lot stronger, make sure you take your measurements and before pics as it keeps you motivated, I did 10 days on each level and would take a pic every 10 days. Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing your pictures!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I do 25 minutes weight training 2-3 times a week and cardio 2-3 times a week. I did Level 1 day 1 with 5 lb weights yesterday for the first time. It kicked my butt. I am thinking I should have tried 2 lb weights. In my weight training I use 8-10 lb weights so I thought it would be no problem. I was so exhausted after yesterday and I am sore but not terrible today.

I thought the workout was pretty awesome. I am going to do it a few times a week on days that I don't go to the gym.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I started before xmas and take saturday and sunday off. I only count the days i work out an i'm on day 64. I did each level approx 10 days. I stupidly didnt measure when i started but measured last month an will again next week. I've lost 10lbs as of last weight check. Definitely stretch an move on when you feel your ready. I think level 2 is the hardest and i really like level three. You feel so good when your done. I'm fixing to go buy Ripped in 30 to start next. Jillian may annoy me but she knows her stuff
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of the 30 day shred...Let me explain! I do alot of other workouts and added this in as a "something to do when I can't fit somthing else in" work out. I LOVE it! I have NOT done it every day (for the above-mentioned reason) but I am currently on level 3 day 6. I have not done every exercise llike the advanced chick, but I try as best I can to do it all that way. When I'm "done" I may move on to another video, but I may go back to level one and be sure I do all the exercises TO THE MAX. I didn't take measurements before, but I know my core, arms and legs are MUCH stronger than they used to be. I can do sit-ups and pikes with ease! Sicne this isn't the only exercise I get, I can't give you an accurate description of what this one video has done for me, other than it's good stuff!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    30ds worked awesome for me. I had great results and I actually enjoy the workout so I am still doing it everyday. I did it for 30 days straight. I love it because it's a quick workout but very effective. I think anyone can do it as long as you just go at your own pace and stick to it. Good luck :D

Here's my results

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/511869-my-30-day-shred-results
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I got too bored with it... But it is pretty good.

How long did you do it for? Which level did you stop at?

I did it for two weeks... It's a really simple, good work out. I just get so bored with work outs like that. It's only 20 mins so I'm thinking of maybe trying to do it again and forcing myself to do it!
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    I just posted pics of my progress after only 7 days. I can't wait to see what my pics look like after 30.

Good Luck - you can do it!
  • TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In fact, I didn't struggle with stairs afterwards - I fell down them!!! My legs were complete jelly. I'm still struggling with stairs lol

I must admit...this made me really LOL.
  • TieshTheGreat
    Options
    WOW Thank you all so much for your tips, suggestions and well wishes! You all have given me that boost to start this, push through and complete it,

To everyone who has done its and completed it...or even not completed it, CONGRATS!

I cant wait to see my results...here's to the next 30 days!
  • TieshTheGreat
    Options
    30ds worked awesome for me. I had great results and I actually enjoy the workout so I am still doing it everyday. I did it for 30 days straight. I love it because it's a quick workout but very effective. I think anyone can do it as long as you just go at your own pace and stick to it. Good luck :D

Here's my results

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/511869-my-30-day-shred-results

A-MA-ZING!
  • emactut
    emactut Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS. I've lost inches and toned up. I'm on Level 3 now, but there's a big difference in my body, especially my tummy and thighs. I combine this with competitive swimming workouts and the days I don't swim, I double up on Jillian's 20 minute workouts because I feel like I need a little bit longer workout. But it's great! Good luck!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I got to level 2 (which is a lot more fun than level 1 btw) and I quit but I just got back into it and honestly, I cannot complain. I feel better and after 4 days I feel muscle again. I had quit due to personal unmotivated to do anything issues not because of the program itself.

The first day after starting it again was the WORST. The pain... after that though, it doesn't hurt anymore lol.
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Start on a Thursday by washing your hair and braiding it or planning on wearing a hat: combing or blow drying hair after workout 1 is awful. You'll still be able to walk Friday morning but you'll be the most sore on Saturday. By Monday you'll start to feel good and strong and by Tuesday you won't feel constantly sore.

30 Day Shred gets results, but do it with a friend or jump into a 30 day shred thread on MFP. Misery loves company!

If losing weight and looking fantastic isn't enough of a reward, think of rewards for each of the levels (new haircut? new workout pants? iTunes download of more Jillian?

Don't forget before/after pics and measurements! You will want them.

Good luck! I'm so excited for you!
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think it's fantastic and I am going to start Ripped in 30 as soon as I am done (2 more days). If you don't have a lot of time to spare for exercise it's perfect.

Today is day 29 for me (started 33 days ago so I only missed a couple of days). I'm on level 3. Liked level 1 (lost 2 lbs); hated level 2 (lots of plank things)--gained the 2 lbs back in level 2 so I took measurements at that point (about 12 days into it). Started level 3 on the 24th day. Love level 3 and I sweat the most during it of all the levels, plus more leg moves which I need (pear shape). Lost 3 lbs since starting level 3 about 5 days ago. Have been tracking calories and eating super healthy the whole time, but also started limiting carbs and increasing protein after the gain I had during level 2. I have less than 10 lbs to lose so didn't expect too much weight loss so I'm pretty happy with 3 lbs loss.

So on day 29: 3 lbs lost total; inches lost -1.5 on waist and -1 on widest part of belly; no change in hips or thighs (and I only took the starting measurements about 2 weeks ago). My whole body feels stronger and firmer and so I am very happy with the results. I can wear fitted blouses/shirts without seeing a bulge over my pants so that's pretty amazing too.

Don't know how much you have to lose, but if it's only a little bit don't be surprised if you see a temporary gain in week 2 (I've heard that a lot of people do).

Good luck, careful with your form to protect your knees, and have fun!!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    I'm starting over for the 3rd time...1st time I go sick and 2nd time I relapsed and was in monthly cycle...THis time I'm gonna finished it...I can do this...I have to keep reminding myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!