Hi I just joined today :)

Options
2»

Replies

• jellybean482004
    jellybean482004 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Angie, my profile name is "lahoca" . I've been using MFP for a few weeks as a tracking device for food and exercise I've lost only a drop in the bucket ( 13/87 Lbs to date) . I'm new to the posting, but am looking for friends using the same and needing encouragement as well as some enoucouragement to keep motivated too. I'm still trying to find my way around the site, but so far am enjoying it quite a bit.
  • AngelaHackwell
    AngelaHackwell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too. Looking forward to an efficient way to track my progress. Heard great things and so far today I am impressed. I want to spend more time being active not more time keeping track.
  • student37
    student37 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for5 days now. Day one was overwhelming logging my food. I would have never guessed the calories I took in. I have been having troubles with my knees and am way to young for that. I would like to loose 30 pounds myself. Good luck to you. So far this site has helped me be accountable for what I eat and getting exercise...just what I needed.
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month ago and find it very helpful and friendly. I too lost weight on WW only to regain it when I lost my husband to cancer. I am now ready to focus on me and get my life healthier. I set a realistic, sustainable weight loss goal and so far, so good. The food tracking...and the exercise tracking help me be accountable to myself. Even if you are over your calories recommendation for the day...TRACK it. You will soon see you have more good days than less good (don't want to say "bad"). It all is a step in the right direction. Read the blogs and posts and learn from them, as I have. People are more than willing to help if you don't understand something. Good luck on your journey to good health! Feel free to add me to your friends list. We can encourage each other.

BTW: can anyone tell me what the post "bump" means following a posting. I don't get it.

Bump means you can track this post easier, it will show up in the bottom left hand corner of your page!
  • candyben
    candyben Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi you will love the motivation and support you receive here from people going through the exact same thing. I myself have a grand-daughter who has just turned one and she is a great motivator, but without the support here I would falter.

Feel free to add me! Welcome.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You made a very good choice in giving this site a try. It does work if you stck to it. It is amazing what you learn when you log in everything. The logging gets easier as you go. You can put in your ingredients from your own recipes and it will show you the calories. Being here has really kept me motivated. I have a almost 3 yr old grandson and I am finding it easier to keep up with him. I have been a yo-yoer and I am going to stop it. I plan on staying on this site for a long time to keep me on track.
  • Gill_L
    Gill_L Posts: 69
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome :)
  • Gill_L
    Gill_L Posts: 69
    Options
    samandlucysmum I need to lose around 200lb (I think ) I'm in the UK where we use stones and kg so I'm having to try and work it out but basically I weigh 22 stone and would like to get down to around 11 so I know its going to take a long time and there will be good days and bad days but the journey starts here and I'm sure with support from members I will get there :happy:
  • AutumnVelvet
    Options
    Add me (: