What do you like/dislike about self since weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 100 pounds, changed my entire life, have one adventure after another all the time... and Im probably the loneliest person in NYC now.
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great to see the replies.

Whatever negative thoughts you have about yourself I think you are all great!

1. Its an enormous achievement to seriously commit to losing weight, especially for health/strength reasons.
    2. Its an enormous achievement to stay here, even when you are at a plateau stage. (More will power needed to keep going when it seems nothing happening)
    3. Also its a long learning curve finding out what works for each of us personally, for health, energy and weightloss, if needed.
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I m afraid my impressions of Los Angeles are based on TV movies books etc have never been there. Have nothing against the lovely Los Angeles people.

But thank you for the correction and you are right to remind me that there are lovely folk living everywhere in the world.

My impression of Los Angeles is that at British size 12-14 I would be considered FAT, due to pressures from Hollywood etc! Tiny bodies are possibly more normal there, than where I am from.This may not even be true, just an impression. However, I quite like my body at the moment.

Defo dont want to offend anyone. Still, think culturally it is possible to think body weight ideals may vary from one culture to another.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, here in NYC Im 172 pounds which is completely unacceptable- even though Im a 7/8. I feel like I will never be accepted until Im at least a 4.. :(
  • carly92029
    Options
    Like: when my clothes are too lose.
    Dislike: i dont have money to but new clothes
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    like: scale shows weight loss and clothes are fitting better, starting to look great IN clothes
    dislike: out of clothes my legs look like cottage cheese STILL and I dont SEE where the weight is coming off of :(
  • Milly406
    Options
    Like- Clothes fit better, more confident
    Dislike- I run all the time and my calves seem to just be getting bigger and bigger
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like that i can fit into smaller clothes went from sz 16 to sz 8.
    dislike : i still need to tone. I still have loose wrinkly skin and I hate that. i am working on that but it is slow going
  • WT_225_lb
    Options
    I like able to get in to smaller clothing
    I dislike is not having the close that fit.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    like - that I can fit into smaller clothes went from sz 16 to sz 8.
    dislike - my face because I am a little older, 44, the skin is a little more saggy, shows too many wrinkles :(
  • CAROLiNEB68
    Options
    Likes: Feeling more energized & second guessing what I eat since I have to log it! :D
    Dislikes: My breasts were the first thing to get smaller :(
  • NataschaMarie333
    NataschaMarie333 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Like: The obvious things, like smaller clothes, not feeling uncomfortable wearing shorts, more self confidence, wearing a pair of skinny jeans!

Dislike: My C-cup turning into a possible A, I have been refusing to get them measured, and will not buy below a B until I do so!!! My hips are freakishly noticible, Ive always had big hip bones, but you can really "hold on" to them. My belly pudge... Im convinced Ill never get a FLAT stomach, stretch marks on my sides...My non existant butt! Even when I was over 30lbs heavier I had a perfect hourglass, a bit more squuish in the middle, of course, but I had the hips/butt and well breast like WOAH!

Ha! Such a typical girl responce...
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    how much stronger and 'lighter' I feel
    getting some confidence back (still have to work on it)
    Having more control over my emotions
    Feeling happier with each passing day

Dislikes:

Looking at my body and knowing that even if I reach my goal weight, I will be left with loose skin, no boobs and probably a lot of other things I won't be happy with- knowing I will never have a good looking body
    Being impatient about how slowly I am losing weight
    Wishing I hadn't ever let myself get to such a high weight
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Even when I was over 30lbs heavier I had a perfect hourglass, a bit more squuish in the middle, of course, but I had the hips/butt and well breast like WOAH!

Ha! Such a typical girl responce...

that must be common because after I had my son and I was like 160.. I had an hourglass shape all the way through to 140 !!!!
    now since ive been 135, and now down to 123 my stretch marks are more noticeable and I have love handles where it was smooth an curvy before :sad:
    plus my thighs looks like they are refusing to lose ANYTHING and are huge compared to my waist... :grumble:

on the flip side, if I would excercize it would probably help:laugh: :laugh:
    but Im more of a once daily bike ride and adjusting portion/calories kinda girl. :flowerforyou: