Jillian's New Kickboxing Video

Options

Replies

• MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    from what I've noticed, people tend to lose mostly inches when doing the 30DS...not too much weight.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Did this video yesterday! Man am i sore today. I never got sore with 30ds...i guess its the kicking and punching! Idk....but i didnt feel it was as intense cause u can adjust it very easily to ur own liking. U can work hard or easier on this one. I worked easy and still was sore.... I only burned like 200 via my hrm but i enjoyed how fast it went by! Love 20 min workouts! Love the new layout she did on this one to compared to others! Quick!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    from what I've noticed, people tend to lose mostly inches when doing the 30DS...not too much weight.

Indeed! Never lost weight but lost a jean size! Im not complaining, i gained so much strength and stanima!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    So is it a 3 step program like 30 DS? I like 30DS...I haven't lost much weight wise but I've lost several inches.

Im not sure. I didnt hear her say that or read it, but it is 3 different workouts and she specifys that each one focuses on something different, so u may wanna do them all at the same time, or switch during the week or do one for 10 days then the other then the third...i guess its up to u! I probably will do it like i do the restof hers....do it till i get bored then go to the next level!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I got my JM Kickboxing DVD in the mail yesterday too and tried out level 1. I really liked it and thought that it was a fun, fast, workout. My only problem is that I don't have much experience with Kickboxing and defintely need to work on my form. It moves really fast and a lot of it I don't know I was doing properly. That would be easily fixed by watching the tutorial had I not been too impatient. ;) It definitely kept my HR up though...I burned 193 calories with only the 20 minutes and that is about what I burn with the whole 30 DS level that is longer.

I think I'm going to do level 2 today. It doesn't seem like it's intended to be a program you work though like 30DS where you do a level for awhile and move up. I'm keeping this one in my wheel house for mornings or days when I want to do something but don't have much more than 20 minutes.

As for the complaints about 30DS ... I'll agree it's not my favorite of hers. I was doing it recently and got through 10 days on level 1 and about 6 on level two when we had a series of illnesses hit the house and I had to take a break. I'm not going to pick it back up. I would rather rotate her videos and most days do the longer ones. No More Trouble Zones is my absolute favorite so I always work that one in a few times a week. It's really building and toning my muscles. But, for what it's worth I've always heard people lose more inches than weight with 30DS. I lost both but I think the weight was more my diet than the exercise. I've also done RI30 twice through and like that one much more than 30DS.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I got mine, tried it... wayyyy too easy
  • Stacyanne324
    Options

Really? I didn't find it too easy at all. But, I'm not used to Kickboxing so maybe that's it. I did find it way too short to be my only exercise most days so I did No More Trouble Zones after I finished.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    For those not liking the results from 30DS-

If people can see the inches lost on your body and are commenting, that's great! You may not have dropped weight on the scale but nobody but you sees the number on the scale. Inches lost are great and so are your clothes feeling loose!

Keep up the good work and don't give up!!! :)
  • Reckabek
    Options

Really? I didn't find it too easy at all. But, I'm not used to Kickboxing so maybe that's it. I did find it way too short to be my only exercise most days so I did No More Trouble Zones after I finished.

Ya me to, so i did my c25k! I felt it was easier then the others i have done. But i didnt really know what i was doing so didnt push as hard as i could have..like the front two girls on the video...and i only had 3 lbs weights unlike the 8 lbs she suggested! And it was hard to pivot on carpet...so not to much lower body moving....i had shoes on tho. Maybe i womt wear shoes when i do it next. But man am i way way sore. Way more then anyother of her workouts!
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    Just did the 2nd Kickboxing workout. More intense than the first for sure. You don't use any weights since it's lower body. Lots of kicks and she keeps you moving. I am literally dripping sweat which never happens especially from such a short workout. HRM says 221 calories burned in the 20 minutes. Love that!!! Ok...off to hit the showers. I'll be doing No More Trouble Zones this afternoon but this was a nice morning pick me up!
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    like any workout...if you don't push yourself it will be easy. I always push myself as hard as I can and make every move a major move. I didn't think it was easy at all and I have almost all of her videos.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 20 and wanna throw in the towel also.....not sure if the last 10days will actually do anything
    Hhmmm, i'd like to say don't quit but i know how u feel. I'd finish it and hopefully there will be a difference. Like tbf, despite the scales telling me one thing, i do feel a lot slimmer although i feel my stomach is still totally flabby :/ Its a tough one, i'd say finish it then at least you can say you got thru it.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    like any workout...if you don't push yourself it will be easy. I always push myself as hard as I can and make every move a major move. I didn't think it was easy at all and I have almost all of her videos.
    Lol, same. Like through the 30DS there was about 2 times where i had to do the workout on a major hangover. Good knows how i got thru it but i did lol.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I picked up the new Kickbox FastFix last night and did the second workout this morning! (Would have started with the first, but arms are sore from yesterday's workout!) It is fast & intense! I felt like I was flailing all over the place just trying to keep up with all the punch & kick combinations, but I guess I'll get better at that as I keep at it.

I was surprised that it was literally 20 minutes! Her other workouts say that, but with warm up & cool down they come out to more like 30 for me, so was shocked when it was over so quickly. My HRM said I burned 162, but I'm sure it will be higher once I get the moves down. :smile: I definitely need to watch that tutorial all the way through!

I enjoyed it - out of time this morning or I would have done the third workout as well. Some asked if these are levels like on 30DS or RI30 where you move up in intensity - not that I can tell, I think they are just separate workouts, not levels, and they could pick and choose any workout or all of them to do on any given day.
  • supermum123
    Options
    boo :(, it's currently unavailable in the uk and I can't find a download. Stinkin' UK.

i just tried to find it aswell :( anyone jnow when its out our end~??

i wanted her banish fat, boost metabalism but could find a uk one of that either....have you checked youtube for a vid?

hAVE YOU TRIED AMAZON? IM FROM UK AND THATS WHERE I GOT BANISH FAT BOOST METABOLLISM FROM. I THINK I GOT A GOOD BARGAIN TOO! I BOUGHT THE JILLIAN MICHAEL COLLECTION FOR 15 POUNDS! HERE IS THE LINK
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jillian-Michaels-Collection-DVD/dp/B005ZCAZIK/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__img_b
  • larlab
    larlab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    nm
  • larlab
    larlab Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Agreed- I can't believe that anyone would do any of JM workouts and call them 'easy'- certainly they vary in intensity, but I think its all about how much you put into it.
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    I did the third workout as well on Thursday and liked it the least of the three. Definitely the lowest calorie burn since you do some ab work too.

Overall I like this DVD because it's different and because it's big calorie burn in the shortest time of any of her previous workouts. But, I wish she had just done straight kickboxing and cardio instead of trying to mix in arms and abs into some of the levels. I guess if you don't have any other JM videos it's nice to have a program where you also get those areas worked out but for someone like me who relies on other videos for those areas it seems silly to take time out of an otherwise great workout to work my arms or drop to the mat to do ab work. I like the second workout on the dvd the best since it pretty much is just straight kickboxing and it's got the highest intensity. I think when I do pop this one in to get a qucik workout in that will mainly be the one I choose.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ah I want it! But it's going to be a while until it gets to the UK. They still haven't imported Yoga Meltdown to PAL yet :grumble:
  • EBaca140
    EBaca140 Posts: 17
    Options
    after reading these I HAVE to go buy it! Amazon here I come :)