At home workouts?

Options
So being a Mom of 4 I can't really go to the gym. I have no one to watch my kids. I have zumba for the Wii and I do lots of walking. Anyone have any good ideas for home-workouts? Thanks!

Replies

• ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I bought a Danskin 5# Kettlebell (they have other sizes), it came with a DVD. It's reasonably priced (Walmart). With kids I know time to do the routines can be difficult but, this DVD is about 20 minutes per session. 25-30 minutes with the warm up. I've used it several times now and I love it. You can feel that your muscles are being used after the first time.

I just bought the 30 Day Shred DVD because of some of the success photos I saw on the message boards. I can't wait to see those results.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    30 Day shred is good. as well as shred it with weights. both jillian michaels.

if you have more money up your sleeve to spend, then get turbofire or anything by beachbody. well work it.

I'm a single mum of 2 (5 &3) and I've lost 21lbs with turbofire, and just doing it at home.
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bought The Wedding Workout and hated it. They throw you into the workout without any explanation of the moves. I was upset because it's suppose to be a beginner workout and I had difficulty following along.

I switched to Jillian Michaels and I love it. She starts with a warm up, explains the moves and makes sure you breathe properly and perform them correctly. She has two assistants who do the exercises at different skill levels. I'm currently doing her 6 Week Abs. I bought Killer Buns and Thighs from Jillian too, but I haven't tried that one yet.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred and P90X seem to be very popular right now. Zumba as well.

My gym has a daycare in it. It's not an all day daycare, just for 1-2 hours while parents are exercising. It costs more. You might check around your local gyms to see if something like that is available, if you're really interested in going to a gym to workout.
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my husband and I have been doing INSANITY workout program for 2 weeks now and we really like it! He has lost 5lbs already!!! It's TOUGH! but very inspirational!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm a stay at home Mom with four kiddos, too. I use Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs... I really enjoy them. They are setup in 15 min. miles, which sometimes is all I get before I am needed to stop a fight, change a diaper, fold the laundry or grade a paper...you know the drill. It's positive and uplifting. Plus, if my kids want to "walk" they can join in, and it just adds to the fun!
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do Billy Blanks' Ultimate Tae Bo workout dvd and it's fabulous! I could never do workout dvds before, as I couldn't ever follow them and found the instructors weren't very helpful. Billy Blanks is an awesome motivator and he really keeps you going. I do this workout every day and it's made me feel so much stronger and more confident. It cost me $25 brand new.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Rothe on Youtube has been working for me!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Dumbells, skipping, aerobic step? :)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    So far any thing i Bought by jillian michaels has been awesome!
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    I do all things Beachbody, body rock and run
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    I have a Billy Banks Cardio Inferno Cd that I love and a yoga cd.
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Jillian Michaels DVDs!
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    Just ordered 30 day shred xx
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get up early and run before my husband leaves for work. It is hard, but running is about the most efficient calorie burn you'll find.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    So being a Mom of 4 I can't really go to the gym. I have no one to watch my kids. I have zumba for the Wii and I do lots of walking. Anyone have any good ideas for home-workouts? Thanks!

Take kids to the park and run around after them. Play football, frisbee etc etc

Let your partner deal with them in the evening (obviously if partner is around, a bit of a presumption I know).

Go out and run when they are in bed.

Jillian Michaels.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have Leslie Sansone videos, lots of them various miles (1-5) and I rotate them all and also an elliptical machine.
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Check out collagevideo.com You can find videos for your fitness level, see video clips and read other exercisers opinions to the video.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If you have the Wii you should get the Wii Fit. It is amazing with lots of activies and will track your progress as you lose the weight.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 3 children, so I know where you're coming from and I'm not going to spend money for a membership that I can't advantage of. I love the Leslie Sansone dvds. You can see a few of her clips on youtube before you buy them. My fav is her 5 miles fat burning dvd. Any questions feel free to ask.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!