At home workouts?

Options

Replies

• louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred ... It's great! Only 20 minutes. It's a very intense workout, but you feel it so you know it's working! I'm loving it so far.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos. I have about 10 different versions of hers. I have used all of them. Some I use more than others, but I like the options. I have done her videos on and off for years. Even kids love her videos. I know pleny of kids that will get involved with those videos.
    I did the 30 day shred video. It was a great workout, but not one I would want to use that one everyday.
    I recently bought a collection of Zumba exhilerate videos. I have used to of them. I do enjoy them.
    I tried P90X once a couple of years ago, it was a little much for me.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ANY Jillian Michaels DVD. My favs are: Killer buns and thighs, Ripped in 30, and 30DS.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to 4 kiddos and a DH who works 12 hr rotating shifts...I understand! I LOVE my Turbo Jam DVD's (they have been worth every penny)!!! There are different length workouts and they are FUN! Good luck to you!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Currently I am on a Gym Box kick. I pay $10 per month and view on either my computer or my tv via a Roku. There are workouts in tons of categories....spin, treadmill, lifting, cardio dance, kickboxing, pilates, yoga...you name it! Each category gets 1 or 2 new videos added per week, and the old ones remain accessible too. It's awesome if you bore easily like I do. The yoga on there is amazing!

Other than that I would recommned visiting your local library to see what they have. I used to check out videos from there all the time. And Netflix has some too.
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home Mom with four kiddos, too. I use Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs... I really enjoy them. They are setup in 15 min. miles, which sometimes is all I get before I am needed to stop a fight, change a diaper, fold the laundry or grade a paper...you know the drill. It's positive and uplifting. Plus, if my kids want to "walk" they can join in, and it just adds to the fun!

I do these videos too! they are quick and easy and great if you have kids. they have become a staple to my work out and an every day routine.
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Jillian Michaels DVDs!

Me too
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    If you have a phone that does apps there are a lot of free workout apps
  • arleylange
    Options
    I'm also a mom (of 4!) so I totally understand not wanting to drag them to the gym. Right now I'm doing the Brazil Butt Lift program, but I have also enjoyed Turbo Jam (I became a Turbo Kick instructor because of this... I'm not teaching now, I just loved the workout so much!). I also really enjoyed The Firm workouts way back when. Anything that combines strength/resistance/weight training and cardio are going to give you the biggest bang for your buck (which is why most of Jillian's workouts and P90X are so popular. My current program also has a lot of resistance training which is why I LOVE it!).
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    i'm another Jillian Michaels fan. I have tried many at home workout DVD's: Billy Blanks Tai Bo, Beachbody Slim in 6 and Power 90, even Chalene's Turbo Jam. Those all work, but by far, Jillian Michaels DVD Ripped in 30 is my favorite. The time goes by so fast, it's only 30 minutes long and you will definately sweat. I'm going on to her Body Revolution video next! Good luck with whatever decision you make!
  • maethoriel
    Options
    I love most of the beachbody.com workouts, they are great. I have done p90x, insanity, turbofire, turbo jam, brazil butt lift (which is actually a decent workout for the whole body), and think I might try slim in 6 next.

Good luck! :)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I use apps on my phone from the Android Market that have workouts on them. Reps Counter, Workout Trainer, Daily Abs Workout, Daily Cardio Workout, Daily Arms Workout, Daily Butt Workout, and Daily Legs Workout. All of them have free versions except for Reps Counter.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just started Chalean Extreme and what an AWESOME workout!!
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    I love Just Dance 3 for the Wii.
  • pearceda
    pearceda Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are doing the P90X DVD set...very good workouts with explanation of moves and also give you a variation if you can't do the regular move.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have never gone to a gym..although i do have 3 dif exercise machines that I bought. I also make excellent use of zumba and taebo dvds and any others I feel might interest me. I can honestly say that I get the most fun and best workout from zumba because its so much darn fun!! :) Gyms are a great thing but you don't have to go to one to lose weight. There are truckloads of dvds to pick from for weigh loss, find a few dif ones you like and switch them up. Also the dumbells are good too. Good Luck!!! :)
  • Sruby67
    Sruby67 Posts: 1
    Options
    P90X really works but it's an hour a day for 6 days a week. You can really see the results when you are half way through. I am doing insanity, but I am combinding P90X and Insanity together. I like the strength training and intense Cardio. I hope this helps you!
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    I havce several Leslie Sansome DVD's and also use the Wii fit. They are both good workouts for the home.
  • aptipton
    aptipton Posts: 13
    Options
    Check out Craig's List for a treadmill or eliptical you could get at a great price--that would help to have one there to use after the kids are in bed or even while they watch tv or eat :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!