Anyone want to start C25K with me?

Options
I am planning on starting the Couch to 5k program within the next couple of days. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that was thinking about starting it too and has been reluctant for whatever reason. We all could start at the same time and push eachother through the program. If this sounds like an idea, add me to friends and we can all pick a day to start.

By the way, I am using an app for my itouch called "Get Running" for C25K. This one costs a dollar I think, but there is a free app as well. I am either starting tomorrow or on Sunday. Looking forward to adding some friends and starting this all together. We could even start a seperate group page to track eachother's progress and add encouragement. The bigger the group, the better.

LET'S DO THIS!

Replies

• alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I may need to take next week off, because of shin splints, but we'll see. Feel free to add me!

Have you registered for a specific 5K yet?
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    No I have not, but I am planning on signing up for one for September. It's called the Rock N Roll Marathon and they have a huge party afterwards. Sounds like it would be a fun one for a first timer like myself.
  • alikat42
    Options
    I'm doing something similar. It's called the Color Run. At each K they pelt you with colored powder; big party at the end!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have the flu right now so I was planning on starting it in about a week. Good luck!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm doing something similar. It's called the Color Run. At each K they pelt you with colored powder; big party at the end!

I'm doing the color run too! What city are you doing it in? I'm in Kansas City, it's not until July 1.
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I started it four weeks ago and I highly recommend it! I am NOT a runner/jogger and this has been perfect for me to get my strength and stamina up. Good Luck!
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    bump for the night crowd.
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just started week three of this program and it has been really great. I use the same App and i enjoy listening to my own music and hearing the cues on the app. Best of luck to you!
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouraging words. I am planning on starting it tomorrow. I got to day one of week 4 a month ago or so, but hurt my knee due to not properly stretching before running. I learned from that.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm three weeks in - due to start week 4 on Monday and as just to reiterate other posts - i'm not a runner but the program is just great :) feel free to add me if you would like a C25K pal :)
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I would love to do C25K along side you!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 now, add me for moral support!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I just started it this morning, actually. I gotta say that I suck at running... but not for long!

I really have to work on being able to do the fast intervals for the entire time. My lungs and legs give out a few seconds before the time is up each time. :\
  • melgcoo
    melgcoo Posts: 23
    Options
    I've never heard of this; of course, I'm fairly new to this site. :-) Could someone give me some more info? Thanks!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    you can add me as support as well ... starting the C2 half marathon next week. good luck!!
  • avibachar
    avibachar Posts: 47
    Options
    BUMP
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3....so on to week 4 on monday. I'm actually doing a 5k on sunday though! I use the get running app on my ipod...it's great :) Also...totally jealous of whoever is doing the color run...I tried to register for thechicago one but it's sold out :(
  • alikat42
    Options
    I'm doing the color run too! What city are you doing it in? I'm in Kansas City, it's not until July 1.

I'm doing the KCMO run, too. I registered for the 30th, though.
  • mrsepiphany
    mrsepiphany Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    add me I want to do it!