Replies

• SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 1krazycat
    1krazycat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what about hiring cardio equipment ??? ketlle bells and resistant bands are also cheap to buy and good for strength training :)

if you have an andriod or iphone, there are lots of cool fitness apps too :)
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies because there are a LOT of them. But, I wanted to let you know that I get a lot of workout DVD's from my library. I like to switch things up a lot, so this is good for me. Also, if you have Netflix streaming, they have probably 20 workout DVDs that I use all the time. Good luck!
  • DietPep1978
    DietPep1978 Posts: 202
    Options
    I do go to the gym sometimes, but I LOVE to workout at home too. In my younger days when I didn't live near a gym I would do videos all the time. I've gotten back into them recently.

I bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred not too long ago and its awesome.

I also have a few Tae Bo DVD's still kicking around that I LOVE. I just bought some more last night in the bargin bin at a local store.

I've heard alot about Turbo Fire too but I've never tried it.

I also run/walk up and down the stairs in my house...it gets my sweating fast!
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    I cannot say enough good things about Leslie Sansone DVDs. She is amazing. I love her upbeat personality and it doesn't feel faked for the workout. I love that she doesn't pressure you to do more than you're capable of, she is constantly saying it's okay to go back to an easier move or to just walk walk walk if you can't do the move at all. Also, you can always "boost" the walk into a jog if you want it to be more challenging. You can do doubles even while they are only doing singles. I love that she more often than not has REAL looking people working along side with her. She is great and usually quite a bargin on amazon :)
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I love most of the beachbody.com workouts, they are great. I have done p90x, insanity, turbofire, turbo jam, brazil butt lift (which is actually a decent workout for the whole body), and think I might try slim in 6 next.

Good luck! :)

Slim in 6 definately works. My one complaint about it, the "music" will bore you to tears.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    P90X is the bomb.
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do Wii Zumba as well (absolutely LOVE it) - and I do some kettlebell & body weight routines I found on myomytv.com they're absolutely amazing!! On my rest day I normally just pop in a pilates dvd, and do that.
  • Jaxster92708
    Jaxster92708 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love the FIRM Express and other FIRM DVDs. Great variety, great way to get your heart rate up. You can modify to amp it up or down.

I also like Leslie Sansone.

Try Gaiam TV at www.gaiamtv.com. They have FIRM DVDs, Leslie Sansone, Jillian Michaels...other ones produced by Gaiam. You can do a 10 day free trial, then it is $9.95/month. That way, you can trial different ones before purchasing. Cheaper than a gym membership, too.

Good luck and have fun!
    Jackie
  • rjjohnson61
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk at home DVDs are the way to go, thier fun, and she keeps you motivated with all the fitness ideas she talks about in her DVDs. Before I found this My fitness pal I lost 15lbs doing her DVDs.
  • Nicmeglau
    Nicmeglau Posts: 11
    Options
    MegansWoods.....congrats......:smile: you are doing great !!!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    When I babysit all day I incorporate the kids by chasing them around the yard. I'll also have them sit on my feet while I do leg raises, and they love it. A nanny friend of mine just gets the kids to do Wii fit or other videos with her.
    There is an app called Workout Trainer that will let you select a workout based on how much time you have and what intensity level you want. When I only have a few minutes I'll do 8 minute abs or 10 minute pilates.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I cant go to the gym either. I mostly use Jillian DVDs. But I also do kickboxing DVDs and I used to ride my exercise bike a lot.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Okay, in all truth the workout you do at home is really not THAT important. 90% of the population will get 80% of the way to their goal by eating right (maintaining a 20% calorie deficit) and doing moderate exercise three times a week. You won't get really lean or ripped, you won't have a six-pack set of abs, but you'll definitely fit today's classification of "trim".

What is most important is that you are consistent in your diet and your exercise, and that you continue to reassess your goals and progress over time. For example, if you lose 20 lbs you need to reevaluate your caloric intake and revise it downward.

So find a fitness program for home that A) you like, and B) you will be able to continue without growing bored of it. Jillian Michaels, Zumba, Wii Fit...... whatever suits you best.

Once you get to that last bit where you really want to look athletic, then you have to commit to something more rigorous and be disciplined about it.
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do Wii Zumba as well (absolutely LOVE it) - and I do some kettlebell & body weight routines I found on myomytv.com they're absolutely amazing!! On my rest day I normally just pop in a pilates dvd, and do that.

do u know how many calories you burn doing the kettlebell swing? and what weight kettlebell do u use? there doesnt seem to be much info about them anywhere. ps - wii zumba is brill :) especially zumba2, proper gets me sweating lol
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    I've always enjoyed Power 90. Not the P90x because I could never seem to get to that extreme fitness level! I started with Phase 1/2 and eventually worked my way up to Phase 3/4, even that took me a long time to do. It's about 1/2 hour long.. it tells you to do it 6 days a week, however, I did it 5 days a week.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Any of Jillian Michaels' dvds. :)
  • Futuresimmons
    Futuresimmons Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have beach body: turbo fire (great cardio), p90x, and insanity

Also a great cost effective but kick butt workout is supreme 90 day. Only $19.99 at best buy or at the S90 day on-line site.
  • alxdeanda
    alxdeanda Posts: 72
    Options
    I love Pinterest for this!
    I find all of these easy at-home workouts that I can do. They have motivational quotes that make me want to work out (which is unusual for me. lol)
    Here are some links that I love:
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/real-plans/celebrity/brooke-burke-workout/?page=2
    (awesome!)
    http://www.prevention.com/fitness/strength-training/no-squats-belly-butt-thighs-workout?page=2
    (^ definitely one of my favorites! and easy to do!)
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/exercises-for-women?page=2
    (did this one the other day: feels great!)
    GOOD LUCK! Hope you like these!
  • alxdeanda
    alxdeanda Posts: 72
    Options
    I love Pinterest for this!
    I find all of these easy at-home workouts that I can do. They have motivational quotes that make me want to work out (which is unusual for me. lol)
    Here are some links that I love:
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/real-plans/celebrity/brooke-burke-workout/?page=2
    (awesome!)
    http://www.prevention.com/fitness/strength-training/no-squats-belly-butt-thighs-workout?page=2
    (^ definitely one of my favorites! and easy to do!)
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/exercises-for-women?page=2
    (did this one the other day: feels great!)
    GOOD LUCK! Hope you like these!
    and i forgot to add, P90X is awesome! I don't follow the daily rule, BUT, when I want an intense workout, its awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!