What is the earliest...

Options

Replies

• G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I remember walking hand-in-hand with my dad through the park while my mom was at a doctors appointment. She was very pregnant with my sister, which means I was almost 2 1/2.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, I remember being in the hospital with croup on my second birthday. My aunt came to visit me and brought me a copy of The Velveteen Rabbit, and the rabbit on the cover was soft and velvety, which I loved.
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This memory is from when I was a little over 1 year old. I remember being strapped down to a table and not being able to move, being in a lot of pain, seeing this light hanging above my head, and some man hovering near the light. I remember trying to find my mom and the room, but I couldn't move my head, so I could only see her out of the corner of my eyes. She was turned away from me, so she couldn't see me, and she was crying, but she was holding my hand.

These are just the images I distinctly remember. When I was older and relayed them to my mom, thinking they were pieces of a bad dream, she told me I was running in the grocery store and fell and busted my lip open. I was too young and small for anesthesia, so they had to sew me up without it, so they velcro-ed me to a table to prevent me from moving and sewed me up. My mom said it was so horrible she couldn't look, she just cried the whole time while she held my hand.

I guess it was painful enough for me to remember it from a very young age, even though I didn't know exactly what was going on.
  • duharvalgt
    duharvalgt Posts: 320
    Options
    My father telling me the story of nisse when I was around 4
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Breaking my leg when I was 4.... seems like traumatic events at about age 4 and memories are common. I am amazed at the even younger ones.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to remember before this, but I really don't. I remember pictures of things that happened, but not the actual memories. The earliest thing I remember is the night my dad left. It was after we went to bed and my parents were arguing. I snuck downstairs to see what the yelling was about and my dad walked out the back door with an overnight bag. It's just snippets, but it's the first thing I remember. I was nearly four.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Standing in my crib, crying. My mom came in, picked me up, and sat me on her lap in the rocking chair and sang to me. I was only wearing a diaper. My legs were so little. I can remember the sound of my voice saying, "sing it again, mommy." and her chuckling and saying I was just trying to not go back to bed.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Breaking my leg when I was 4.... seems like traumatic events at about age 4 and memories are common. I am amazed at the even younger ones.

that's because 4 year olds seem to do nothing besides jump off of things! at least mine does!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    A lot of these post made me tear up, the one year old in the E.R., the dad drunk, the dad leaving the family...I feel for everyone who had such sad experiences as their first memories. Mine was at about age 3 or so and I attended a tupperware party with my stepmother and when it was over all the ladies were standing around getting their jackets and purses and I was tired so I held my arms up to my mother to pick me up, but when I looked again, it wasn't her. I was a very shy child and I remember feeling very embarrassed and I cried when I realized my mistake. Not really a big deal, but I was shy and overtired
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of "cradle care" or pre-preschool memories. One is of making this ornament (I should have been 1 1/2 ish, not quite positive, could have been a year older.), though I'm not positive if it is a real memory or not. I do still have the ornament though! A couple of others from there. Then quite a few from age 3 on.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I remember the first place we lived, a tiny "two" bedroom upstairs apartment, my bedroom was nothing more than a large closet big enough for a twin bed and a dresser with a HEAP of toys at the foot of the bed. I stepped on my first piece of glass there, and I remember sitting on my parents bed with my mother who was pregnant with my brother and listening to her belly with a stethescope and being so excited about hearing my little brother moving around. I was 3 and a quarter maybe? My brother is 3 years and 11 months younger than me....and I don't remember how far along Mum was, just that she had a big belly and I could put my hands on it and feel him kick and move. I was a nudist when I was just a toddler, and if I HAD to wear clothes it was a bathing suit, even in the winter when it was so cold the dogs water bowl was frozen on the kitchen floor of our tiny apartment. There was a hole in the bathroom floor, right next to the toilet, that was right over our landlord's kitchen sink (we kept it covered, obviously) I think it may have been a vent or something that got removed for whatever reason, anyway, I'd shoot their daughter with a squirt gun while she did dishes. This was before my brother was born, possibly before I knew I was going to have a brother....I'm going to guess my earliest memories were from age 3, maybe 2 and a half....
  • chubbytiff
    chubbytiff Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I was 3 grabbing the leash of someones black lab and it took off running pulling me face first through gravel.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Its so interesting to read everyone's stories. Thanks for sharing them
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Being kidnapped. Not sure how old I was, but I remember being in the guys house and my mom breaking into it to get me. Don't remember much else about it though.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    What did I have for breakfast this morning again?!

No, really I haven't a clue off the top of my head. I'll think about it and will get back to you if I find out! :)
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I was 1 and my brother was feeding me yogurt and getting it all over my face and I slammed my hands down and took it from him and started feed myself XD. I can remember from pretty much then on wards, I have a pretty good memory, so I've been told.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I was 2 1/2 and my mom and dad were in a fight and I was crying holding onto my Mom's leg. She was backing up and hurt her heel on a chair.

Sad.
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    Playing with my friends across the street at age 3 or 4.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Getting a red tricycle for Christmas...I must have been about 3 or 4
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The first thing I remember is my major bike accident when i was 6.

Wrecked my bike on train tracks, flipped over it, scraped the hell out of my knees and elbows and bit through my tongue.

No bueno =[