Quorn or Normal Meat?

Options
13»

Replies

• mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    The fajita pieces are really nice, can't tell the difference to meat in my opinion.
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We eat it 2-3 times a week. My son goes to private school and we have to provide his meals. They have to be shelf stable and the chicken nuggets and patties are a nice handy thing to have when I'm not feeling like making a full lunch for him. I also enjoy the patties. None of us are huge red meat eaters aside from the random grilled steak in the summer. We typically get our protein from alternative sources anyways so I'm not totally weirded out by the fungi equation. I did raise my eyebrow a bit when I read it though lol.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The name "Quorn" kind of freaks me out for some reason. It sounds like something a mad-food-scientist would create lol. Reading about how it's made reminds me of Soilent Green or that sludge stuff they ate in The Matrix. (Of course I realize there are no people in it!)

I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't mind trying it sometime - if only to satisfy my curiosity.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think I keep quorn in business, lol. I eat it every day. I went veggie when I was a teen and none of this cool food was around. since being veggie got popular the options are so many and they are everywhere in England (not so much on holidays out of the uk. always miss quorn when we go abroad).

I use quorn slice in sandwiches with thins, quorn burgers with salads, sausages in thins with ketchup rock, quorn pieces with stir fry’s are great and the mince is great with pasta sauce and some of the ready meals are ok. The only product I found I didn’t like recently was the snack pot curry, not spicy/hot enough for me.

My local asda plays games with me where it randomly stops selling my favourite quorn products and replacing them with asda's own veggie ****. Nowhere near as nice, but almost as expensive :sad:

when I am low on calories left for dinner I cook a stir fry using lots of peppers, onions, beansprouts and 1cal spray oil and chuck in ripped up quorn slice and herbs at the end for flavouring.

I don’t care that its man-made. It was designed to be low in fat and good on protein. Even if all the trendy veggie food never came onto the market, I would never go back to eating meat.

:flowerforyou: