7 - me
    8 - is
    9 - on
    10- MySpace

Ok,ok seriously. 10 things?

1 - My father was born and raised in Scotland
    2 - I have worked as a professional musician
    3 - I currently work nights, but not in the music business
    4 - I can pick up just about any instrument with strings and sound like I know what I'm doing
    5 - I don't play the bagpipes
    6 - You're welcome
    7 - I have 2 tattoos, both half-sleeves
    8 - I have lived in 3 US States, and 1 Country in Europe
    9 - Our dog is a schnocker. Half schnauzer, half cocker spaniel.
    10-I have used Ubuntu Linux since 2006. I don't do Windows or Mac.

11- I have a badass Softail
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Ok,ok seriously. 10 things?

1 - My father was born and raised in Scotland
    2 - I have worked as a professional musician
    3 - I currently work nights, but not in the music business
    4 - I can pick up just about any instrument with strings and sound like I know what I'm doing
    5 - I don't play the bagpipes
    6 - You're welcome
    7 - I have 2 tattoos, both half-sleeves
    8 - I have lived in 3 US States, and 1 Country in Europe
    9 - Our dog is a schnocker. Half schnauzer, half cocker spaniel.
    10-I have used Ubuntu Linux since 2006. I don't do Windows or Mac.

11- I have a badass Softail
    [/quote]

I do enjoy the Harley.
  • SpiveyMay
    SpiveyMay Posts: 20 Member
    Options

3. I drove a '67 Mailibu SS in high school and got to know the local cops on a first name basis.

niiiiice! I'm saving up for a `65 Impala SS

It was a fun car. I would like to have another one, but don't think I could keep my foot out of it.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    1. I love my job.
    2. Have a secret crush on a guy at gym.
    3. Addicted to Facebook.
    4. I love working out.
    5. Never been in love.
    6. Love watching reality TV.
    7. Going to the opening ceremony for the 2010 Olympics.
    8. Favourite colour is green.
    9. Like to drive fast.
    10. Love my soap operas.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

3. I drove a '67 Mailibu SS in high school and got to know the local cops on a first name basis.

niiiiice! I'm saving up for a `65 Impala SS

It was a fun car. I would like to have another one, but don't think I could keep my foot out of it.

My buddies friend races up at Kansas city Raceway. Or atleast he used too. He's got this picture in his garage of his 68 Nova up on one back wheel. You can actually see the daylight from the horizon shining UNDERNEATH the car. I'm not into racing much but that was by far one of the raddest things I'd seen.
  • SpiveyMay
    SpiveyMay Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My buddies friend races up at Kansas city Raceway. Or atleast he used too. He's got this picture in his garage of his 68 Nova up on one back wheel. You can actually see the daylight from the horizon shining UNDERNEATH the car. I'm not into racing much but that was by far one of the raddest things I'd seen.

That would be neat to see. I hope the next picture wasn't of the car going end over end.
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    9. Like to drive fast.

Me too :smile: I've been pulled over way more than I'd ever admit to anyone, but (thankfully) have only gotten one ticket... which happened to be the FIRST time I was pulled over... on my sister's wedding day :explode:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    1. I don't do "short and concise" and probably can't do any of these responses in 3 words or less. Drives my hubby bonkers at times. :smooched:

2. I am so lucky to be married to my husband. We are a great team, and together we are accomplishing our dreams. I learn so many things about myself and otherwise from him and through our relationship.

3. I can't wait to cut 12 inches of my hair off again. Been doing Locks of Love since 2009 and have donated hair totalling more inches than I am tall (5'7") :bigsmile: It's long enough, just have to find the time!

4. I love to write - stories, poetry, long novella emails.... it's my favorite way to express myself. See Answer #1.

5. I am an artsy-craftsy kind of person. There isn't a single room in our entire home (excluding the laundry room, but including the PORCH... go figure....:huh: ) that doesn't have something I've made in it from crocheting, sewing, or hand-throwing pottery.

6. I love pink. Like so many previous posters, it isn't anywhere in my house, either.

7. I like the feeling of "giving of myself to others" - things money just can't buy. When I was nursing our littlest son and did the work/pump/nurse routine, I donated the extra breastmilk he didn't need to aids orphans in Africa through the International Breast Milk Project.

8. I love to laugh and smile :bigsmile: . I also cry way too easily :grumble: . Guess it balances out.

9. MFP is one of the best things I've found online to help me with my lifestyle. I appreciate the "community", the knowledge, the tools, and my own accountability and sometimes eye-opening eating and exercise choices. I have learned so much, and have so much more to learn.

9 1/2. MFP is also a nickname of mine from looong ago. Stands for "Mary Eff'inPoppins", well-earned from my almost-always-positive and upbeat outlook on life. I'm proud of that. :tongue:

10. My life is blessed and busy. I have been wanting to post on this thread since I first saw it. It's taken me this long to have a few minutes to sit down and write mine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, if I had done 3-word answers I could have done it sooner :tongue: :laugh:

Now go have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • joolesh
    joolesh Posts: 26
    Options
    1. I would rather be in St. Augustine Florida than where I am.

2. I have a wicked sense of humour and use it liberally.

3. I think marriage and monogamy are an un-natural state...no reflection at all on the great man I married. I just think it goes against our nature.

4. I have no children and LOVE the Harry Potter stories.

5. Johnny Depp and Tim Burton are the only "celebrities" I would want to meet.

6. I think to live without imagination is to die a little everyday.

7. If its not fun why do it?

8. I love Woodchuck on draft but can never find it.

9. I lived in Adak Alaska for 1 year.

10. I am addicted to my blackberry.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

8. I love Woodchuck on draft but can never find it.

If you're ever in Scranton, Pa. I know where you can find it...:happy:

exercise.png
  • MarteeBee
    MarteeBee Posts: 14
    Options
    1. I have 5 children, all grown (4 boys and 1 girl) YIKES!
    2. I'm a grandma (1 girl 8 and 1 boy 4 months)
    3. I raise AKC Bulldogs
    4. I have 2 tatoos
    5. I hate chocolate
    6. I love Jelly Belly jelly beans
    7. I have a fake thumb joint (shattered it and they gave me a new one..I'm bionic?)
    8. I live in a little town
    9. I can't function without my morning cup of coffee
    10. I always smile
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    1. I am a true Taurus, stubborn could be my middle name!
    2. My favorite thing to do is nothing.
    3. I once had blue hair and loved it but it was hell on my bathtub!
    4. I was the "loner" in high school, I sat in the back of the class reading romance novels and finishing my homework early.
    5. I am a really smart person but have absolutely no motivation to use it:embarassed:
    6. Sometimes I want to runaway from my mother, brothers, and my sister
    7. I listen to all different types of music except deathmetal and christian, oh and opera!
    8. I have 2 tattoos. One of them means fertility among other things but I didn't know the fertility part until after I got it. Now I have a 17month old little girl named Elliet Piper!
    9. It drives me nuts that my mom is still a pothead because she can't remember anything and I can't trust her to do things when I ask:explode:
    10. I'm a glass half empty kinda' person most of the time, thanks to my very negative mother and grandmother:frown:
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    1. I, too have a Basset Hound.. and yes.. he snores.. and hogs the bed!
    2. My cat is a tortie with an attitude, but I kind-of like it at times... The independent streak fits me a bit...
    3. One of my fav movies is "The Dish", and I just watched the "Live from '69" coverage of the moon landing tonight. Born just a few years later...Fantastic to watch!
    4. My Dh does pretty much all the cooking.. but I love to bake
    5. My flair from baking must have come from my Czech heritage (i'm 50%). (my mom and grandma are both fantastic!)
    6. I get along well with my MIL
    7. I love to travel, and wish I could do more of it
    8. I, too, would like to meet Johnny Depp, as well as Bruce ****inson (from Iron Maiden -- didn't realize it would block this out...).
    9. When traveling (and at home, too), my Dh and I love to go on ghost tours and to haunted sites
    10. I love playing games -- board games, card games, online games... all time fav though is Nancy Drew series... have played all but newest!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    1. My favorite color is blue and you see it everywhere in my house!
    2. I've seen my favorite band Blue October over 20 times. The first time I paid 2 canned goods to get in and there were maybe 30 people there. They now sell out everywhere they go and I don't enjoy the shows as much as i used to just because they've lost the "personal" touch.
    3. I once saw Regina Spektor by myself, my brother was gonna come with but we got there and the show was sold out and i prepaid my ticket. It was the most awesome experience. I don't care what a douche I looked like there by myself, it was incredible!
    4. My secret passion is to be a photographer. I'm thinking about gifting myself a photography class once I pay off my debt!
    5. I'm now about to leave work and will give you another 5 things later:laugh:

to be continued......
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Since some people are doing more than one list...

1. I'm Goth, not in the depressed moody teen way. More of a victorian style (viona-art.com)
    2. I could easily say home all day and do word search puzzles.
    3. My fave band is As I Lay Dying.
    4. My fave poem is Fog by Carl Sandberg.
    5. I used to have pet rats (can't have them anymore thanks to my dachshund).
    6. I love to go hiking!
    7. I could spend hours on icanhascheezburger.com
    8. My daughter is attending a Christian school because I cannot stand the laxness of the public schools in my county (we're ranked one of the highest in the nation and I still don't like them).
    9. I've NEVER done ANY drugs.
    10. I have read Pride And Predjudice over 50 times.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options

7. I have a fake thumb joint (shattered it and they gave me a new one..I'm bionic?)

YEEOOOOWWWCCHHH!!! How did you do that? And does it function like your old thumb joint?

I'm bionic too.... isn't it great? Mine's a bit larger and i set off some airport metal detectors.... joy, oh, joy. :ohwell: :bigsmile:
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    10 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME!

1. I am addicted to Chapstick and panic when I realize I've somehow lost mine and cannot concentrate on anything except how to find another one!

2. My dad shot himself in the face with a rifle and lived for 2.5 years but spent most of it in a hospital getting face reconstruction. :sad:

3. I want to join the Ghost Hunters team and my entire family thinks I am nuts : )

4. I go to see a phychic Medium once a year and it helps me deal with how much I miss my parents.

5. I want to own a cow, goats and chickens but I have a postage size lot, so I am obsessed with buying a new house soon.

6. I've been with my husband since I was 16. I am 35 now.

7. Every spare inch of space in my yard is filled with flowers of every kind. They calm me.

8. My great Grandmother's house burned to the ground when I was 14 and I was there to watch it and since have an amazing fear of fire and my husband is a fire fighter : )

9. I clean a bank at night and hate it so much that sometimes I scream into their cameras when they overfill their garbage cans. I am sure they must laugh at me :grumble:

10. I live across the street from a woman my family refers to as "suzy fruitcake" because she is against cutting down trees and thinks lobsters have feelings and once brought me carrots to give to my kids because she thought they might like to try them . (they'd been eating them for years). Now, I won't go outside if she is outside... I go out the backdoor instead : )
  • tryingagain2
    tryingagain2 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    10 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME!

1. I love children....especially my son:heart:
    2. I am a big advocate for Autism Awareness :flowerforyou:
    3. I cry at sad movies, tv shows, songs, books, even commercials:embarassed:
    4. I am very artistic but don't have an artistic job and it drains me:frown:
    5. I love the fall because of the weather, colors, cooking, beginning of holidays and just the mood:happy:
    6. I studied dance most of my life:smile:
    7. I have a shoe addiction....but you may have guessed:blushing:
    8. I hate to drive, but I would love to be a race car driver:huh:
    9. Music makes me happy:smooched:
    10. I see dead people:embarassed: .....okay not really I just wanted to end w/ a big finish:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    1. My favorite color is purple.
    2. I've never used illegal drugs.
    3. I don't have any tattoos and have no desire to get any.
    4. I'm a teetotaler.
    5. I'm a Christian.
    6. I only listen to Christian music.
    7. I love my first name (Betty) but hate my middle name (Lou).
    8. As a teenager I had a huge crush on Barry Manilow and fantasized about having his son. :embarassed:
    9. I don't own a car and I'm afraid to drive since I moved to Washington State.
    10. I love thunderstorms but I'm afraid of them.