Day 1 of 30 Day Shred And I'm Soooo Sore...

Options

Replies

• lorim77
    lorim77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Someone on here said to do a little cardio before doing the DVD and it helps you get through it. I've done 20 minutes on the treadmill immediately before popping in the DVD for the past 2 days and I notice a huge difference. Day 2-3 were the absolute worst days for me! I'm on Day 15 now and I'm still sore in some spots but not nearly like back then.
    Hang in there! It's so worth it... but listen to your body. If you feel like you've injured yourself or are too sore to go on, then rest your body for a couple of days. Like Jillian says "No injuries please!" LOL
  • Happybunny37
    Happybunny37 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can do Day 2 tonight. I'm having such a hard time moving! Should I take a day and then do Day 2 tomorrow instead? I don't want to injure myself. Advice?
    I'm on day 5, I say do as much as u can I don't do the butt kicks Bc of my knee but ive noticed that the first day I was dying,:sick: day 5 went pretty fast:drinker:
    stick with it and add me as a friend if you'd like!!!!!:flowerforyou:
    Andi
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    See, I couldn't hold a good form for a pushup and it made my shoulder hurt. I hate doing the jumping jacks, cuz well, I can't hold everything in. :blushing: lol And when I do the jump rope, my thighs sound gross. :cry: I'm sure by the end of level 3, things will be better though.

Jumping jacks made me pee my pants was soooo happy on level two where there was bearly any!

Good thing I prepared with a pad in my undies. LOL
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. I was cussing at Jillian in the last 5 minutes of the video. lol

Oh ya me too. Just flaring at the mouth period too...always telling her to shut up!
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way....your baby is adorable!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    See, I couldn't hold a good form for a pushup and it made my shoulder hurt. I hate doing the jumping jacks, cuz well, I can't hold everything in. :blushing: lol And when I do the jump rope, my thighs sound gross. :cry: I'm sure by the end of level 3, things will be better though.

Jumping jacks made me pee my pants was soooo happy on level two where there was bearly any!

Good thing I prepared with a pad in my undies. LOL

Lol :laugh: Good idea!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I just started her 30 day shred, I did it for the first time yesterday and I did it today. . The one thing I cant do are the push ups. I can sort of do them but I dont think anyone would consider it a push up lol. Sometimes when doing the jumping jacks i wanna die. I like how it goes by fast and how she tells you why your doing the moves your doing.

I honestly thought I was going to be more sore than I was today, my shoulders were soar, probably from trying to do the push ups. That almost worries me bc everyone else says they were so soar the next day. Maybe Im not doing it right? I think I am. I only started working out a month ago. I've been doing Zumba and strength training 6 days a week. i wanted to mix up my workout regimen so that's why I started the 30 day shred. Im a little scared to go on to level 2 and I probably wont for at least a week.

I can't do damn pushups either, but then, I never could. I do 'girl' pushups or inclines. I also wasn't sore as some ppl claim. I figured I'm just more flexible or something but also on the first few days I wasn't putting in maximum, was focusing more on learning the moves & form. I didn't have soreness til I blew out my knee doing #%% jumping jacks.
    Lesson: old ladies should wear knee braces before they tackle Jillian
    cheers
  • Reckabek
    Options
    Someone on here said to do a little cardio before doing the DVD and it helps you get through it. I've done 20 minutes on the treadmill immediately before popping in the DVD for the past 2 days and I notice a huge difference. Day 2-3 were the absolute worst days for me! I'm on Day 15 now and I'm still sore in some spots but not nearly like back then.
    Hang in there! It's so worth it... but listen to your body. If you feel like you've injured yourself or are too sore to go on, then rest your body for a couple of days. Like Jillian says "No injuries please!" LOL

True indeed. I jog around my house while its starting with all the advertisements and her into...gives me extra time and extra calories too. Like 10 or so...woohooo
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. I was cussing at Jillian in the last 5 minutes of the video. lol

Oh ya me too. Just flaring at the mouth period too...always telling her to shut up!

LOL I was saying things like "eff you" and calling her the B word. I wasn't very nice. hahaha
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Oh and by the way....your baby is adorable!

Thank you. :) Love my lil guy!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    I just started her 30 day shred, I did it for the first time yesterday and I did it today. . The one thing I cant do are the push ups. I can sort of do them but I dont think anyone would consider it a push up lol. Sometimes when doing the jumping jacks i wanna die. I like how it goes by fast and how she tells you why your doing the moves your doing.

I honestly thought I was going to be more sore than I was today, my shoulders were soar, probably from trying to do the push ups. That almost worries me bc everyone else says they were so soar the next day. Maybe Im not doing it right? I think I am. I only started working out a month ago. I've been doing Zumba and strength training 6 days a week. i wanted to mix up my workout regimen so that's why I started the 30 day shred. Im a little scared to go on to level 2 and I probably wont for at least a week.

I can't do damn pushups either, but then, I never could. I do 'girl' pushups or inclines. I also wasn't sore as some ppl claim. I figured I'm just more flexible or something but also on the first few days I wasn't putting in maximum, was focusing more on learning the moves & form. I didn't have soreness til I blew out my knee doing #%% jumping jacks.
    Lesson: old ladies should wear knee braces before they tackle Jillian
    cheers

Oh man sorry about the knee:flowerforyou:
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did the girl push ups to start and now just finishing my day 3 of level 2...I am so much stronger than before and my endurance has changed for sure...I say do the best you can...do all the easy versions and stick with it!!! I have lost inches and pounds already!!! KEEP GOING !!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    I did the girl push ups to start and now just finishing my day 3 of level 2...I am so much stronger than before and my endurance has changed for sure...I say do the best you can...do all the easy versions and stick with it!!! I have lost inches and pounds already!!! KEEP GOING !!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!

Thank you! I honestly think I'll do level one twice, because I'm doing the easier versions right now and want to do the more advanced versions before I move on to level 2.
  • hdrodgers
    hdrodgers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who pees when doing jumping jacks!! I thought there was something wrong with me... I started wearing pads when doing 30 Day Shred so I wouldn't have to do laundry so often. Glad to hear there aren't as many in level 2. Thanks for sharing honestly about this...I was too embarrased :)
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who pees when doing jumping jacks!! I thought there was something wrong with me... I started wearing pads when doing 30 Day Shred so I wouldn't have to do laundry so often. Glad to hear there aren't as many in level 2. Thanks for sharing honestly about this...I was too embarrased :)

Just thought I'd throw out there that you should do squats so you strengthen your pelvic floor, so you don't do that. NEVER do kegels. It makes the problem worse.
  • EBell83
    EBell83 Posts: 18
    Options
    For me, Day 1 was the worst. It's makes a difference if you keep moving and go on to day two. Stopping completely will actually make you more sore, if that's possible. I love the cardio, but I'm a cardio nut, so that helps. The most important thing is to keep moving, in small, low impact steps. Don't injure yourself doing the moves, just watch your form. Even if you're moving slower than the girls at first, doing the moves right will keep you from getting injured.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Really just reiterating what everyone else has said here... I'm on day 8 now. I found day 1 to be a killer and I struggled on day 2, 3 & 4 due to the muscle pain in was in. Day 5, 6 & 7 have been much better - time has gone quicke and although it's still been hard, the resulting pain has completely gone now. What's more, I can feel the results starting to happen as my body is changing shape - I feel tighter and stronger. Sadly the scales show nothing but that's not uncommon for me.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Really just reiterating what everyone else has said here... I'm on day 8 now. I found day 1 to be a killer and I struggled on day 2, 3 & 4 due to the muscle pain in was in. Day 5, 6 & 7 have been much better - time has gone quicke and although it's still been hard, the resulting pain has completely gone now. What's more, I can feel the results starting to happen as my body is changing shape - I feel tighter and stronger. Sadly the scales show nothing but that's not uncommon for me.

Did you take measurements before you started? I took my waist, arm, hip and thigh measurements to track them through the levels. I know my weight won't change much by day 30, so I want to see how my body changes instead.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    oh yes make sure to measure! I have already lost some since starting I can't wait until I am done! All the pain will be worth it! I hope to change a lot in 30 days I am hoping that I will be happy with my results :)
  • RobinLaurie
    Options
    Hello
    Just did Day 1 of 30 day Level 1. I must say I was surprised how sweaty I was, and that my body was shaking for a good while! I've downed two 32 oz bottles of water since. My question is how do you track that under the Exercise tab? I cannot find it under a search.