New Rules Of Lifting For Women

Options

Replies

• gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Buying my copy tomorrow! Anyone know if it makes a difference whether you buy it on Kindle or are there pages w/pics that I may want to have and therefore prefer the book?

Ive got in on Kindle, and wish I had got a normal copy, as think when I get more into it, I'll want to flip back and forward to pages, which is hard to do on Kindle.
    ^^^^^ this. Ended up buying the book also.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT and totally recommend it! I am in the middle of Stage 3 right now and have seen lots of gains in my strength... I have put on a little weight, but have LOST inches which are what matter!!

this is exactly what I wanted someone to write!!!! Need to break my obsession with the scales, as Im aware they will go up.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm also a little more than halfway into Stage 3 and loving it! I also haven't lost pounds, but I have lost body fat and inches. And wow, my arms and shoulders have never looked better!! Butt, thighs and abs are following closely behind, but I still definitely have some fat to lose on those areas.

There is a NROL4W group on MFP. Join us!!
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm stil f**king waiting for mine

I ordered it and was told "the publisher hasn't made enough copies"

I'm so mad!

I got that message, too. So I just ordered the paperback version from a different seller on Amazon. It's out there and not hard to find.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    i'm also thinking about getting it...I was going to get it for my kindle, but that made me think...are there pics and such? also...is it the type of book you read straight through, or do you have to go piece by piece? I'm looking for osme vacation fitness type reading and though that might be a good one
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mycovington
    mycovington Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • doublezizzle
    doublezizzle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    agree on not buying it on the kindle. i did, and i totally regret it. its so hard to not be able to flip back and forth easily...there are pictures and diagrams, charts etc. they are very hard to read. definitely buy the book version.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Definitely get the actual book. What I did is, I made copies of the pages with the exercise for the stage I'm in, and put them in a duotang with my workout log. That way I'm not carrying my book around with my stinky gym clothes all the time. :o)

Don't wait til you've lost weight before you start... seriously. For a bunch of reasons, not least of which is that reading the book will turn most of what you 'know' about weight loss and fitness right on its head. It's better to have less to unlearn. This IS my weight-loss plan, and it's working for me. I started on February 6th, so I've been doing Stage One for just over a month and I'm down about 7 lb and about 7 inches total. I've dropped a clothing size and have seen a real increase in strength over that time. (I'm deadlifting the same as my hubby and about to pass him! lol)
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I got the book at the library today. I cant wait to start reading it. Is everyone going to the gym or is anyone doing it at home?
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I also purchased the book. It is an excellent resource if your focus is to be fit, and if you are willing to suspend the "eat less exercise more" adage. I also have on order by the same authors, "New Rules for Lifting for Life: An All New Muscle Building Fat Blasting Plan for Men and Women Who Want to Ace Their MIDLIFE (emphasis mine:wink: ) Exams.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Definiately buy the actual book. I take mine to the gym with me, in case I have to flip to the pages for exact form etc or reminders. I have the 4HR Body on my nook and ended up having to buy the book for that too. It makes a big difference and definiately more time efficient! I'm nearing end of stage one and LOVE IT! Good luck!

I take my book and my workout journal too. A personal trainer saw them and said "Oh you are SERIOUS!" He had been checking out my "form" LOL
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have a silly question about this book... I've read so many good things about it, but I'm wondering....

I understand this book has some kind of process/stages to follow. Is it mostly recommended for women who have already lost a bunch of weight and want to now sculpt/lift? Or is it also for someone like me who still has a ton of weight to lose before the sculpting phase?

Start now...as you lose weight w/o weight training, you lose MUSCLE. Definitely start ASAP.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm almost finished stage 1 and the gains in strength are amazing! I seriously love squats and deadlifts, I get seriously confused looks from the guys when I'm doing them. I'm pretty much the only girl doing them without a tag along boyfriend/coach.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I really want to get this! I am so intimidated by weights. I want to make sure I'm doing it right!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this. I was needing something like this book and I had never heard of it. I just ordered my copy!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    that book changed my life. Period. Things finally are changing for the better. I finished stage 7 a few weeks ago.
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Download the JEFIT app. You can input all of your workouts/exercises, track your progress and it even has pics and the option to view how each exercise is done.

^^ This

12994052.png
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I just downloaded this book on my Nook, but I guess I'll get myself a hard copy to take with me to the gym.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 10x more excited to get my copy in! I ordered it last week and it should be in this upcoming week :):)