Strawberry Banana Vanilla Protein Smoothie with Flax Seeds

Options
zeewick
zeewick Posts: 8
Today I was shopping at Target and the Oster My Blend blender was on sale for $25 with a "Buy me today and get a $5 gift card" offer. So, naturally, I bought it. I had been in the market for a blender anyway.

When I got home from work, I tested out my first smoothie.

This is basically exactly what it sounds like.

- 8 oz. Slimquick vanilla protein drink (Cold water + 1 scoop of powder)
- 4 medium sized strawberries
- 1/2 medium sized banana
- Ice
- 2 tsp. flax seeds

It tastes amazing. I have a difficult time getting protein drinks down on my own, but if I keep making them like this I might become addicted.

Nutritional info:
Calories - 181
Carbs - 28g
Fat - 3g
Sugar - 14g
Protein - 17g
Fiber - 8g

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Yum! I just bought the first ever protein whey drink yesterday. I got chocolate. Its not great tasting and I don't think you can add that much stuff to it to change the taste. I should have bought vanilla so I can add fruits to it like yours. Oh well. Next time. :)
  • Justice96
    Justice96 Posts: 29
    Options
    I bought a small container of Jillian Michaels triple chocolate protien powder ,only 100 cals per scoop how could I not love it LOL
    They recommend mixing it with a cup of water but I dont think the creators tried it because it taste like sh..t. So i usually put milk and a banana in mine.
  • Ally63
    Ally63 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • zeewick
    zeewick Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm going to retry it today with more strawberries to try to make that the dominant flavour.