Blood type diet

Options
Hey everyone am doing the blood type diet and it has worked wonders on my energy levels and my mood. Is anyone else following this diet? If so what blood type are you? Am a B

Replies

• reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i'm going to bump this because i've heard that this diet is absolutely nothing but a crock. so i'm interested to hear the other side of the story that isn't on an advertisement
  • FrugalistaFerrari
    Options
    I heard about it. I am blood type B. what do u eat/avoid? I would love to add you. Curious to see your diet to see if it's something I can manage
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    never heard of this? not even sure what my blood type is, lol
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I must be blood type 'food.'
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    I did follow D'Adamo's diet for a while and lost about 10 pounds. I'm O. It was really hard not to have wheat and potatoes. I stopped after about a year.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I gave the blood type diet a try last year. I'm type A+ so according to the guidelines I should have been eating mainly vegetarian with very little red meat.I stuck to it religiously and was hungry all the time and as I don't like fish, tofu or tempeh my protein choices were limited to say the least.

I gained weight and caught every bug/virus going including whooping cough. (I was vaccinated as a child but immunity is not lifelong and you need a booster) I am now anaemic and have really low Vitamin D levels so my heath ended up being compromised. I'm back to eating red meat and healthy fats and my health is much better. I'm also taking iron tablets and Vit D supplements.

Seriously don't even go there, this diet is total bollocks!
  • wackicatt
    wackicatt Posts: 23
    Options
    I was on that diet for years. I am blood type A. It was a great diet, especially for mood & energy levels. Blood type A was very hard to follow, I was basically a vegetarian with my fruits & veggies being very bizarre,not your typical apples & bananas . Like I said it was hard to follow & when you did "cheat" & you didnt have that partial cheat for a while, I would get really sick.I mean lie on couch unable to move for a few hours sick.When I did follow it, I was so happy though, there was a natural high on that diet. Best of luck with it.
  • Brightstar4031
    Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone am doing the blood type diet and it has worked wonders on my energy levels and my mood. Is anyone else following this diet? If so what blood type are you? Am a B

Ok I'm ignorant to this topic and have this question: how does one obtain their blood type information?
  • CailleachBeara
    Options
    Ok I'm ignorant to this topic and have this question: how does one obtain their blood type information?

You can get an Eldon card test and do it at home, it's really easy. I bought mine on eBay.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't think this diet is legit, but I will say that I'm a type A and basically eat according to it anyway. ^^ I love my veggies, and a well-cut steak is the only red meat I like. I think people should just listen to their body to know what they need to eat. You had a legit question and should not have been attacked over it. Eating a balanced diet, from all food groups, seems a more logical approach.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Uhh.... reporting to you live from the Blood Bank department of the hospital I work at. This, my friend, is a crock. When I read this to my co-workers, they all got the same "cocker spaniel head ****" look that I did.
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    urgh calm down everyone :-(

Only fact that makes me puke is, that whatever anyone posts on the boards, it mostly gets torn to pieces, and mostly not in a polite way!

I'm on no ones 'side' here. But it's really no fun reading posts where there's a constant battle. Either you have some good information/opinion to share or discuss or you don't. If the topic bores you or you think it's daft, leave the post for other ppl to talk about.

I just had the urge to say this. Happy posting everyone.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Only fact that makes me puke is, that whatever anyone posts on the boards, it mostly gets torn to pieces, and mostly not in a polite way!

I'm on no ones 'side' here. But it's really no fun reading posts where there's a constant battle. Either you have some good information/opinion to share or discuss or you don't. If the topic bores you or you think it's daft, leave the post for other ppl to talk about.

this - and the reason why I normally avoid the forums
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i'd like to know what blood type I am

Go give blood. I wanted to find out if I had the same as my mam and nan and it turns out I did.

In Japan blood types were their version of horoscopes. So this diet thing is about as legit as horoscopes.
    It is annoying to see people trolling each other so much, just tone it down a little.
    But all in all, the antigens that rest on the surface of your red blood cells won't care if that's tofu or chicken.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I would never cite wiki as being 100% factually correct, but its usually a good place to start for information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet#Scientific_criticism

try to do some research and reading online for the proof around different ways of eating, before you make choices that may effect your health
  • Brightstar4031
    Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I agree with you
  • jennfost777
    jennfost777 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't realize that posting on here could be so hazardous lol next time I might just google it and spare myself all the hostility Yikes!
  • CailleachBeara
    Options
    I must have missed something, looks like some posts have been deleted. Hmmmm...
  • jennfost777
    jennfost777 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I must have missed something, looks like some posts have been deleted. Hmmmm...
    Am sure there is alot missing now lol.This was just getting too hostile and for no apparent reason a simple yes o no answe would have been plenty. But of course that could never happen on here lol