Blood type diet

Options

Replies

• Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It appears to be a diet that anyone would lose weight on, no matter what their blood type was. I don't see any of them saying, "You're blood type X. Blood type X needs to eat mostly candy and beer." So of course you're going to lose weight.

I wish I was blood type X, though.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    urgh calm down everyone :-(

Only fact that makes me puke is, that whatever anyone posts on the boards, it mostly gets torn to pieces, and mostly not in a polite way!

I'm on no ones 'side' here. But it's really no fun reading posts where there's a constant battle. Either you have some good information/opinion to share or discuss or you don't. If the topic bores you or you think it's daft, leave the post for other ppl to talk about.

I just had the urge to say this. Happy posting everyone.
    This blood type diet has been proven to be a scam. What would you rather have people do. You want some one to be nice and say, "go for it!" or would you rather them be real. There is nothing worse than someone enabling something stupid or bad habits. The blood type diet is stupid, period.
  • jennfost777
    jennfost777 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My husband says that his diet consists of McDonald's 5x a week green tea and weights 2x a week and he has lost 10 pounds lol. Am sure this doesnt work for women though
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Why would it be different for women? I ate at mcdonalds today

Although eating that way is not something i would recommend! I wouldn't follow some crazy diet :] Just figure out your macros, and eat what fits :D
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My husband says that his diet consists of McDonald's 5x a week green tea and weights 2x a week and he has lost 10 pounds lol. Am sure this doesnt work for women though
    Let me guess, women must not be of the human race?????

Calories in vs calories out. You eat above your maintenance you gain. You eat below, you lose. It's the simple. Now, what really matters it the quality of food you put in your body.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I followed it back a few months ago but to be very specific on things, it was costing me to much so I had to stop. But, when I was on it, I noticed a HUGE difference. I'm AB+ and I still somewhat follow it but not 100%.
  • danmoffett
    danmoffett Posts: 110
    Options
    Diets don't work.
    I've lost 155 pounds by not dieting.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did the blood type diet for the anti-inflammation effects it touted and for me it worked great. I was having horrible allergies and started having to take inhalers because they were getting worse. I was sick of seeing the allopathic doctor because he was only trained to treat me with meds, so I went to a naturalpathic and she started me on the blood type diet (I'm an A) and in 4 days my allergies improved. I was also having liver problems and those went away as well. I stuck with it for about 10 months, lost 100 lbs, had great energy levels and became medically healtier. I haven't done it since then but I try to do an anti inflammatory detox a couple times a year. My favorite being "Clean" by Alejandro Junger.

Good luck to you. I didn't start the blood type diet to lose weight. I need to heal my body and thats what it did for me. I was on my way to killing myself with food

I nearly forgot to mention, my allergies have never returned. Which absolutely amazes me, but what ever it was I'll take it!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work.
    I've lost 155 pounds by not dieting.

If you eat, you're on a diet.

True, what I eat IS my diet.
    Now, what should I be eating? Or not eating? I'm AB.....something. :smile:
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this, so I googled it a bit to find out more. I'm type O, which is considered to be the "high protein/meat eating" group. The foods they list are foods... I normally eat, naturally.

I really can't speak as for the legitimacy of this diet, especially since Type O is claimed to be the oldest type (but according to testing, type A is supposed to be the oldest). Like any diet out there, it may work for some, may be horrible for others. But I'd personally place as much faith in this diet as I do with my horoscope - none, but good for amusement.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    How did people 100 years ago survive with out this dietary knowledge?

I just don't get it.
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I gave the blood type diet a try last year. I'm type A+ so according to the guidelines I should have been eating mainly vegetarian with very little red meat.I stuck to it religiously and was hungry all the time and as I don't like fish, tofu or tempeh my protein choices were limited to say the least.

I gained weight and caught every bug/virus going including whooping cough. (I was vaccinated as a child but immunity is not lifelong and you need a booster) I am now anaemic and have really low Vitamin D levels so my heath ended up being compromised. I'm back to eating red meat and healthy fats and my health is much better. I'm also taking iron tablets and Vit D supplements.

Seriously don't even go there, this diet is total bollocks!

I'm the opposite - I'm vegie and it says I should eat nothing but red meat....so no blood type diet for me! But I've seen it work for others, even if it is a placebo effect, all the reccomended diets on it are healthy and if its what someone needs to hear to get healthy then so be it
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite - I'm vegie and it says I should eat nothing but red meat....so no blood type diet for me! But I've seen it work for others, even if it is a placebo effect, all the reccomended diets on it are healthy and if its what someone needs to hear to get healthy then so be it

Good point, if it works for some people, great. Sometimes you just have to go with whatever restores your health.
  • Brightstar4031
    Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't realize that posting on here could be so hazardous lol next time I might just google it and spare myself all the hostility Yikes!

yes you should read the one I posted about this topic!
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    urgh calm down everyone :-(

Only fact that makes me puke is, that whatever anyone posts on the boards, it mostly gets torn to pieces, and mostly not in a polite way!

I'm on no ones 'side' here. But it's really no fun reading posts where there's a constant battle. Either you have some good information/opinion to share or discuss or you don't. If the topic bores you or you think it's daft, leave the post for other ppl to talk about.

I just had the urge to say this. Happy posting everyone.
    This blood type diet has been proven to be a scam. What would you rather have people do. You want some one to be nice and say, "go for it!" or would you rather them be real. There is nothing worse than someone enabling something stupid or bad habits. The blood type diet is stupid, period.

People can disagree and share information without being disrespectful and mean.
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    How did people 100 years ago survive with out this dietary knowledge?

I just don't get it.

they died very young and were often times sickly :wink:
  • yodalivs
    yodalivs Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm an A-. Worked great when I tried it in September (lost 7 pounds in 10 days) but I had difficulty keeping with it. Mostly vegetarian is how I should eat per that diet concept. I had great energy and lost water retention almost immediately. Switched to Soy Milk and it really did improve my digestion - may have an allergy to cow's milk that I never knew about. I have kept to that because every time I drink cow's milk now I notice that I swell up and retain water. My difficulty with the diet is that I don't get the "full" feeling - that is, without eating all the things that make me "flatulent" (if that is a word)! I just pulled the book out again though because I am hoping it can get me past my plateau.

From what I read and understood, I don't think this one can harm in any way..... who knows?!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options

I'd be interested to see the scam details??

I followed it for about a year, it really helped my digestion/bloating. But maybe I'm gluten intolerant and that's why it worked, who knows? Even now I go easy on foods that it warned me away from, but that's it. If i stuck to it I wouldn't be able to get all the protein i need (and i'm a pescatarian weight lifter...)
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I don't know specifically about the blood type diet, but I have heard that blood types themselves evolved over time and offer different benefits, such as protection against various disease, such as cholera or plague.