Would you date someone on MFP?

Options

Replies

• gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind hanging out with the people here <3
    Date them? Errr... not too sold on that idea.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Already have:-) Did not work out, but we are still friends and I am so glad I did...taught me probably more than he knows. Turned out to be a really nice guy.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Certainly!
  • TheJustPull
    Options
    I actually met my fiance online. I don't do the bar scene and I'm generally more quiet and less outgoing then mosst. We talked on the site for a few weeks and then we called for a few weeks and then we finally met. Dating only online probably wouldn't work butif you start a relationship with someone from here and you hit it off, why not?
  • DorothyR87
    DorothyR87 Posts: 113
    Options
    Other than the fact that I am married. I have yet to see a good relationship work out from online... I know of a few people that ended up getting married but their relationships are relation****s.

I met my husband on a dating website after I had a bad breakup and just wanted to see who all was out there. We have been married for 10 months and have been together for 4 years. Relationships online CAN work.

As for dating someone on MFP, I wouldn't see why people who met through the site (and perhaps actually live near each other) couldn't or shouldn't date.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Didn't need the internet to find my honey.. we met in high school and got married a month before graduation and been married ever since.. :love:
    but if circumstances were different I'd consider dating someone that I met online... :drinker:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I date an MFP friend all the time.
    Of course, she's my wife, so it works out ok...

LOL yeah, ditto, my husband has a MFP profile, he's an on-again, off-again MFPer, so I am not sure it will last...just kidding!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'd rather.

1253885876_suicide.gif

Motto to live by, MFP friendly.

uPc8cy4hWoye7hmjgJ2ncW8vo1_500.jpg
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Other than the fact that I am married. I have yet to see a good relationship work out from online... I know of a few people that ended up getting married but their relationships are relation****s.

Whereas all relationships that begin offline are fantastic? Please--whether or not a relationship endures or is healthy is hardly a function of where people meet, but rather is a function of who those people are.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Sure,Im a single guy and I love to have fun.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Are you offering?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wow. You guys are very literal. I would never think that when I say, "I'm dating online", that I mean that I never meet them in person. Lol. You guys are weird. Who would do that? Lol.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    If you're dating on the internet, you're doing it wrong.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yep :) eventually the idea would be to meet the person though otherwise probably not. A lot of people meet through online venues these days...for dating, friendship or whatever! :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You betcha.
    We're on here to better ourselves and if through the process we connect and decide to meet, what the hell.
    But I'm open minded like that. :wink:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

I get really annoyed at this attitude for a variety of reasons. I think it's shallow and looking at the world in a very small way. I can't stand closed mindedness.
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    Wow. You guys are very literal. I would never think that when I say, "I'm dating online", that I mean that I never meet them in person. Lol. You guys are weird. Who would do that? Lol.
    lol! i couldn't agree with you more!!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I get really annoyed at this attitude for a variety of reasons. I think it's shallow and looking at the world in a very small way. I can't stand closed mindedness.

Agreed.
    If you meet at a coffee shop or in class or whatever, awesome!
    But, I've met some truely awesome people on MFP and on dating sites.
    Don't knock until you've tried it. :smokin:
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    yep