Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of Fage Non-Fat Greek Yogurt w/ 1 TBSP of Applebutter & splenda to taste....mixed into Oatmeal w/cinnamon & vanilla extract. Topped with 1 TBSP Golden Roasted Whole Flaxseeds. Yummy! Look forward to this every morning.

Other varieties that others have mentioned too...
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been eating mine with a scoop of chocolate protein powder and natural peanut butter - delicious and it keeps me full until lunch.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Warm oatmeal porridge, low-fat milk and bananas or blueberries is so yum!!
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    any kind of fruit is a god send.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    i cant handle plain oatmeal, so im always adding stuff to it lol
    umm my most recent love is cocoa powder, a packet or two of stevia, and some shredded cococnut. tastes like a no bake cookie :D
    i also like putting different flavored protein powders in..
    craisins or raisins with cinnamon sugar.
    Mmmmmm, that sounds good
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I add usually 1/3 cup greek yogurt plain or vanilla, 1 tablespoon heavy cream, and 1/4 cup fresh berries (either whatever's on sale, or whatever was on sale that I stocked up on and froze)
  • Susiemccormick
    Susiemccormick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    may sound gross, but I put a little of my sugar free liquid vanilla creamer in! Yum!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Ahhh good ol' fashioned oatmeal is the BEST!!! Not like those packets that contains all sortsa other questionable ingredients such as a *kitten* load of sugar.

Frozen blueberries or any berries are the best to dump in the oatmeal. If you still need something sweet try agave syrup. I like the cinnamon suggested previously, too.
  • jumpin15
    jumpin15 Posts: 30
    Options
    Great, I think I'll try some of these suggestions. Thanks !
  • RedRunner82
    Options
    I use Bob's Red Mill quick-cooking oats - half a cup of that, with three-quarters of a cup of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, plus a Splenda packet, some frozen mixed berries, and slivered almonds. Sometimes if I'm feeling sassy, I add half a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Mmm!
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    yoghurt, fruit, nut butter, whatever. I add anything I want to my oatmeal. Although, I once used hot apple cider instead of water and my mouth threw a little party.
  • paleojamie
    paleojamie Posts: 191
    Options
    You CANNOT beat putting chopped banana in oats .. WOW!!
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I chop up an apple and soften it a little with a short hit in the microwave, and then a little bit of brown sugar for flavour. So good, and you get a serving of fruit with your whole grains!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    LOVE Oatmeal!

Here are some variations that I do (I mix with water since I don't like milk):

Oats cooked with canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. After heated, mix in a scoop of vanilla protein powder.

Oats cooked with cocoa powder and PB2 and ground cinnamon with 1/2 of a banana.

There are a bunch of other combos too, but these are the 2 that I can think of at the moment.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Apples, pecans, and pumpkin pie spice, pinch o salt.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Two favorites - craisins and brown sugar or cinnamon and brown sugar

Lately I've been doing plain oatmeal with a serving of homemade slowcooker apple-pear butter (from Martha Stewart's web page). Delicious.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup pure pumpkin + pumpkin pie spices. Delish! For a treat I sometimes add pecans in.

--OR--

1/2 banana + 1 tbsp coconut + cinnamon = tropical heaven!

I usually add chia seeds to both dishes and sweetener/stevia.

I have also tried a caramel stevia, that is so yummy!
  • emeraldowl
    emeraldowl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    some pumpkin puree and cinnamon is yummy
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i cant handle plain oatmeal, so im always adding stuff to it lol
    umm my most recent love is cocoa powder, a packet or two of stevia, and some shredded cococnut. tastes like a no bake cookie :D
    i also like putting different flavored protein powders in..
    craisins or raisins with cinnamon sugar.

Im so going to try the cocoa powder coconut one sounds amazing!