Starting P90X

Options
My wife and I are starting P90X tonight, wish us luck! Hopefully we have beach bodies by mid June! LOL

Replies

• rachelnelson76
    rachelnelson76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love,love,love P90X....you get out what you put in!!
  • airyale15
    airyale15 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me and My Girlfriend are starting P90X tonight aswell. Let us know how you go with your first day
  • littleline9
    Options
    Good luck, P90X is AWESOME and totally works if you stick to it! I lost over 20 pounds on it without even dieting a few years ago.
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My husband and I are on day 5!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Do your best and forget the rest! :)
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im starting it as soon as i get it in the mail! I CANT WAIT! Good luck! I plan on putting 150% into it!
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys!

I started it and thought it was fantastic, until the next day when I couldn't lift my coffee cup! hehehe
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    P90X may have saved my life. Love it. Thank God for Beachbody.com
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i want to do it so badly!

i just am not willing to dish out the money for it yet. >~< plus idk where to put a pull up bar!
  • monharri
    monharri Posts: 78
    Options
    Luck!
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Oh, Best of luck. Let me know if you have any questions. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • laddyboy
    Options
    i want to do it so badly!

i just am not willing to dish out the money for it yet. >~< plus idk where to put a pull up bar!

You don't need a pullup bar. You can use the band attachment.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We bought it last night. I am SOOOOOO excited. I finally have my husband on bored to do it. I cannot wait for it to get delivered.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    P90X is one of the best workouts out there. I have done 180 days of p90X and have just completed the first 60 days of P90X2. It is a great workout. You will love it.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I did two rounds of it. Good luck! :)
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    same here! My husband just got the dvd! I am a bit nervous, hopefully I'll make it through!
  • lindsaypyke
    Options
    Just a question if anyone knows the answer - I'm trying to work my way up to doing p90x. How in shape would you recommend someone be to be able to complete the program

I just started working out about two monthes ago but I am doing pretty good now. I'm looking to try it maybe over the summer if possible. Currently I am doing Jillians 30 day shred level two and it is hard but manageable. I also do Turbo Jam almost daily - a 30 or 45 minute cardio jam and also a 20 min ab jam routine.

Any answers or even guesses would be greatly appreciated!
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I started P90X to change up my workout and add some intensity. Change is key :) and I'll be on week 3 phase 1 Monday. I'm doing the 'lean' schedule but 5 days a week not 6 as intended (I want to be able to stick with it lol). I love it and have lost about 3 inches in my waist and 2lbs so far. I'm positive the week I didn't loose weight, I was gaining lean muscle...yeah, that quickly! Just 'bring it', for real, and you'll love it to... and the sore that comes with it ;)
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    Just a question if anyone knows the answer - I'm trying to work my way up to doing p90x. How in shape would you recommend someone be to be able to complete the program

I just started working out about two monthes ago but I am doing pretty good now. I'm looking to try it maybe over the summer if possible. Currently I am doing Jillians 30 day shred level two and it is hard but manageable. I also do Turbo Jam almost daily - a 30 or 45 minute cardio jam and also a 20 min ab jam routine.

Any answers or even guesses would be greatly appreciated!

In MY case... I started it when I was 201 at 5'6 and completelly out of shape... Im doing just fine.. I've lost 13 lb.. seeing lots of definition.. I guess it depends on how much you're willing to put into it.. excuses will always exist.. I've seens guys wayyy out of shape do it... you can modify every move... good luck :)
  • lindsaypyke
    Options
    Thanks! It is so intimidating to me but I am definately ready to put the work in - just don't want to set myself up for disaster! I think I'll finish off the jillian micheals workout and start on p90x.