IHOP - What is good and low cal?

Options
chatonx
chatonx Posts: 32 Member
I am going out to IHOP for dinner tonight and I need some suggestions for low calorie dinners.

Help?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    When I go to places like that, I generally get two poached eggs, fruit salad and a dry english muffin. That way, I can be sure they don't add a crazy amount of oil to anything. It's a pretty safe meal :)
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    They have some slim and fit meals that are under 500 calories. I eat the spinach, tomato and mushroom omlet for breakfast when we go. I have to say it is pretty good and you get a fruit cup with it. Haven't eaten anything off of the slim & Fit dinner menu.
  • rayleansout
    rayleansout Posts: 234
    Options
    Ice water! Not a damn thing at ihop that wont set you back!!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I love their Big Steak Omelette...just omit the potatoes. It's DELICIOUS!!!!!

And it's so big, I only eat half of it.
  • thethreestrings
    Options
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ice water! Not a damn thing at ihop that wont set you back!!

I agree!
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had the simple and fit two x two x two for breakfast yesterday. Sugar Free syrup with the pancakes that came with it. Less than 450 calories and it was a yummy treat!
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Simple and fit 2 x 2 x 2, i get egg whites, instead of egg substitute. I add Cholula hot sauce on my eggs. I also use sugar free syrup on my pancakes. It's only 435 calories. I feel very full and feel like I'm eating normal!
  • katnohat
    katnohat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Their minestrone is pretty good and minestrone isn't too bad for you.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can have a pancake and two turkey sausage patties for 360 calories. Just go light on the syrup, and you'll do fine. :-)
  • eburk22
    eburk22 Posts: 1
    Options
    I order the Simple & Fit Two x Two x Two and get the Harvest Nut & Grain pancakes (360 calories- w/o toppings) and 2 slices of Turkey Bacon (50 calories) and the scrambled Egg Substitute (140 calories) sometimes I will add a Fruit Cup for an additional 80 calories

*Honestly though one pancake is PLENTY so you could even shave the calorie count further if you share with someone else at your table. Be sure to ask them to leave off the butter on the pancakes and ask for the sugar free syrup.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Last I checked they had a set of health conscious dishes and I ordered one. Probably had a ton of sodium but the calories were decent.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    I am going out to IHOP for dinner tonight and I need some suggestions for low calorie dinners.

Help?

Take your own food?
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet?
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you have to go, whatever you order just eat half.

Better suggestion, go somewhere with better food choices.
  • chatonx
    chatonx Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Help?

Take your own food?

You are missing the point of going out to eat..