Diet Coke or Coke Zero?

Options
13»

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    The only problem with artificial sweeteners are that they are much and by much I mean a lot sweeter than sugar itself so it makes you crave more. So if you have a sweet tooth I would not recommend drinking or eating anything sugar free that has artificial sweeteners in it! But if you can drink it and not crave other things that are unhealthy for you or your diet then it does not matter much.
    Yah, I've read this before and can only assume there is truth in it. I find drinking diet soda very satisfying and don't feel the need to get real sugar. So like you say, if it works for you, it doesn't matter. :)

Actually, there are a number of studies which show that is not the case. There is no increase in appetite due to the use of artificial sweeteners.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    what?
    I did not know there is CHERRY coke zero.
    Going to buy some tomorrow.
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Kick the soda habit! Once you've dropped it for two weeks, you won't even miss it. And it tastes so bad when you do drink it again.
    Very true!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I switched to Iced coffee light with skim...
    All the caffeine and no aspartame...
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Coke zero or Cherry Coke Zero! I dont cave to scare tactics, have no allergic reactions to aspertame, still get in more than the recommended amounts of water and savor every sip of my calorie free Cokes!
  • heggleston921
    heggleston921 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, I LOVE diet cherry coke! Yum! It is my favorite. I only have a maximum of one caffeine drink per day, either a diet coke or a cup of coffee. Occasionally, I will have another diet caffeine-free soda later in the day. I don't think they make me crave sweets. I actually think they satisfy a sweet craving.

But I DO NOT drink calories anymore. I'd much rather eat them.

And aspartame doesn't scare me.
  • ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Best drink ever: water.

If I have to chose between Coke Zero or Diet Coke (Coca Light as called in Mexico) I prefer Coke Zero, tastes less artificial :D
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper! YUMMY!! I'm working on cutting back though but I'm pretty sure everything will kill us according to some study.
  • mochi1965
    mochi1965 Posts: 12
    Options
    don't drink either one.
    i drink water, decaf black tea or decaf green tea with splenda or stevia, and Propel Zero.
    better safe than sorry i say.
    :drinker:
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I love Coke Zero but rarely drink diet sodas anymore because for me they cause problems with my blood sugar control.