Do you love ranch dressing?

Options

Replies

• WorkoutMaine
    Options
    Walden Farms Ranch 0 calories. Havent tried it but love the 0 calorie blue cheese.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    omg yes. I used to eat ranch with everything... Pizza, fries, cheeseburgers, bread, you name it. I still eat it a lot with chicken and such. I just buy light and try to not drench my food in it. But I LOVE ranch! mmm
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm also a ranch lover, and I now only buy Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing.
    I find it to be even more wonderful than Hidden Valley-- nicer texture and more flavor!!

Nutrition Facts for 2 Tablespoons:
    45 calories (30 from fat)
    3g fat
    0.5 saturated fat
    5mg cholesterol
    270mg sodium
    3g carbohydrates
    0 fiber
    2g sugar
    1g protein
  • kayers26
    kayers26 Posts: 9
    Options
    They only difference between using sour cream vs. yogurt is the texture. The sour cream mix is a little creamier, but other than that there isn't any difference.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I do half light sour cream and half light mayo + the ranch dip mix. I actually have a different brand my mom got somewhere (not Hidden Valley) but I've got a whole jar of the ranch powder and I only use 1-2 teaspoons of it for 2 cups of dip. I use it as dressing too, so good!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes a yogurt ranch dressing that tastes very similar to HVR. I use nothing else, cuz it's YUMMY!!
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know a ranch dressing that only has 15 CALORIES per 2 TABLESPOONS! :D

12 oz (1 package) silken-firm or lite silken-firm tofu (such as Mori-Nu)
    3/4 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder
    1 tsp dry dill
    1/3 cup water, or more or less depending on desired thickness (I use 100g)
    scant 2T apple-cider vinegar
    1 and 1/2 vegetable broth cubes (I use Rapunzel brand. You can use more or less, depending on desired saltiness.)
    2 T low-fat Veganaise (or regular) (If you leave this out, you’ll still have a nice dressing, but it won’t be nearly as yummy!)

Combine all ingredients, and blend until creamy. (I use a Magic Bullet.)
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Mix it with Fage Greek Yogurt instead. WAYYYYY more protein than sour cream.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    For dressing, I use the Hidden Valley Ranch packet, 1 cup skim milk, and 1 cup plain (or even vanilla) greek yogurt. I keep it in one of those plastic squeeze bottles like they have at Subway. With the squeeze bottle you can evenly distribute it across your salad/veggie wrap and easily control the amount used.

Great idea about the squeeze bottle. Hadn't thought about that. I love my Fage yogurt. Protein Power!! :)
  • Lance_K
    Lance_K Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    What you might want to try to is mixing it in fage Greek yogurt.
  • bluekat61
    bluekat61 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am a chef at an elementary school, our kids love ranch, but with the autolyzed yeast, msg and preservatives, I hate using the mix. We make our own using pureed fat free cottage cheese, buttermilk, garlic, parsley, dill, celery seed, salt & pepper. The kids love it and can eat all they want as it is higher in protein, vitamin A & D and fat free.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am a chef at an elementary school, our kids love ranch, but with the autolyzed yeast, msg and preservatives, I hate using the mix. We make our own using pureed fat free cottage cheese, buttermilk, garlic, parsley, dill, celery seed, salt & pepper. The kids love it and can eat all they want as it is higher in protein, vitamin A & D and fat free.

Off topic, but I just wanted to say....I SO wish our schools here served our kids better foods! Kudos to you! Since our family has started eating healthier, our kids are CONSTANTLY talking about how nasty their school foods are...
  • ELIZACAY236
    ELIZACAY236 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My friend told me mixing ranch seasoning into greek yogurt makes a great veggie dip. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm inclined to believe it...

This is what I do. I eat raw veggies with the dip which is really low in calories before dinner so that way I get my veggies in and I don't overindulge for dinner. :)
  • nsharp218
    Options
    bump
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Ranch....only HIdden Valley. Does this taste just like the original Hidden Valley Ranch? I would so use it if it was even close! It's the one thing I just refuse to give up, but hate how high in calories it is!

Me too! I'm a ranch snob I guess....it has to be either Hidden Valley or, fresh restaurant style. I'm not giving it up, no way. The bottled Ligh Ranch - NOT fat free - tastes just the same as regular but with less calories.
  • emilymorene
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dry-buttermilk-ranch-mix/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

Here is a link to make your own ranch...not sure what the info is on it but figured I would send it.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I'm also a ranch lover, and I now only buy Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing.
    I find it to be even more wonderful than Hidden Valley-- nicer texture and more flavor!!

Nutrition Facts for 2 Tablespoons:
    45 calories (30 from fat)
    3g fat
    0.5 saturated fat
    5mg cholesterol
    270mg sodium
    3g carbohydrates
    0 fiber
    2g sugar
    1g protein

I LOVE this stuff! Their Blue Cheese dressing is great too!
  • sheri59
    sheri59 Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree about using the pkg vs fresh ingredients. You can control what goes in your dressing.
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options

I LOVE the bolthouse yogurt dressings...I will have to look for that one. I might even have to make a special trip to the store tomorrow!