just finished day 1 of 30 DS

Options
I finished 15 minutes ago, and I'm STILL shaking.. please tell me it gets easier..

I wanted to DIE.. sad part is that I had the toughest time with jumping jacks and butt kicks. My biceps kill right now and I'm prepared to wake up tomorrow morning in pain.

Replies

• skahcarper
    skahcarper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I never can get past day one....lol...I have been doing Zumba on kinect and that has really helped me. I may try the 30 day shred again tomorrow....the jumping jacks and butt kicks kill me too!
  • shaink0620
    shaink0620 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It does get better! I just started level 2 and that is really doing a number on me, I will suggest stretching your legs longer than what she does in the video. When I started stretching longer and better I noticed my legs didn't get as sore and tense up.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    It gets so much easier. Infact, in my experience, Level 1 will eventually get so easy that you will look forward to 2. Keep it up girly!
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    what weight are you using? I started using 5lbs but found that they were too heavy to start w/ so moved to 3lbs. ... now I'm on day 6 and I am back up to 5lb on all the moves except for one. Yes the cardio kicks my butt too still (especially the jump rope) but just push thru it. try turning on music ( I found that it helped me get thru the whole work out.) I'm still waiting for it to get "easy" but as they say NO PAIN.. nogain. :|
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    what weight are you using? I started using 5lbs but found that they were too heavy to start w/ so moved to 3lbs. ... now I'm on day 6 and I am back up to 5lb on all the moves except for one. Yes the cardio kicks my butt too still (especially the jump rope) but just push thru it. try turning on music ( I found that it helped me get thru the whole work out.) I'm still waiting for it to get "easy" but as they say NO PAIN.. nogain. :|

Using 3 lb weights
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna lie, the next few days are gonna be rough BUT it WILL get better! I am currently on round 2, day 6 level 1. I lost 14lbs (also did zumba) and 13 inches my first round of 30DS! Stick it out! You will get great results!

I used 3lb weights the first round and am using 5lb weights this round.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    I just hope I get the results you all got!!
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Stick with it dear, it gets easier. This is my first round and am on day 17 level 2. I also go to aerobics or at least 1 hour at the gym 5 days a week and i have lost a dress size already as my body has toned a fair bit. My energy level has improved and i can my fitness level has improved too. Cant wait to the end of the 30days to see the final result. I use 3kg weights, for most of the moves. Stick with it.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    It does get easier I am only on day 6 but already I am not struggling as much! Its the jumping Jacks that get me too though!
  • kellymarie111
    kellymarie111 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This may be a really dumb question but I've seen alot of people taking about the 30ds, may I ask what it is? I only ever use the app on my phone to log my food etc and have only come on this main site since yesterday so I'm not sure of a lot of the abbreviations that you all use! Thanks :-) x
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    This may be a really dumb question but I've seen alot of people taking about the 30ds, may I ask what it is? I only ever use the app on my phone to log my food etc and have only come on this main site since yesterday so I'm not sure of a lot of the abbreviations that you all use! Thanks :-) x

It's the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. It's a DVD that give you a great workout in 20 minutes.
  • kellymarie111
    Options
    Ah ok. Shes the women off biggest looser? Can I buy it online?
  • kellymarie111
    Options
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

Yes, though they carry it at Target and Walmart. And yes, she's the woman that used to be on The Biggest Loser.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    It gets a lot easier! i'm on day 16 of the 30 Day Shred and i'm on Level 2, Level 1's too easy for me now! Never thought i'd be saying that after i couldn't even finish Level 1 the first time i tried - i also had the 'I'm gonna die' feeling!
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it over the weekend so this post helps ALOT lol...I dont know what to expect but I'm ready to go at it & pray I make it through...lol
  • kellymarie111
    Options
    Ok thanks. Well I'm in Australia so I'll have a look for it here. Ok well the women
    Who use to be on the biggest looser!
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    I started yesterday and i felt exactly the same!!!!
    And today my legs are sooooooooooo sore but i'll be doing it again tonight :/

Glad to hear it gets better :)
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started it last year on got up to day 3 level 2. Started it again last month and I am now on Day 4 of level 3. It is very hard at first but in a few days it will get easier and the Jumping jacks and jump roping kicked my butt, but now I can do them no problem. I Hate level 2 (Most difficult for me) and love level 3 and looking back now level 1 is not so bad. Stick with it. good luck.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    i start today...so it looks like i have a pretty good idea what im in for :embarassed: