Options

Replies

• HikeRunLift
    Options
    I like hiking very much!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Northern California has lots of hiking!! I go a couple times a week with my trusty dog B!!
  • work4it777
    Options
    Love love love it!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yes, hiking is one of my favorite activities. I am fortunate to live so close to many trails and a decent drive away from others. It'd be great to do a trip to the Blue Ridge and camp down there and hike this summer. :smile:

(I am in Northern VA by the way).
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with it just yesterday, actually. I surprised the hell outta myself by not getting as tired as i thought i would and my feet not hurting! Major feat for a girl as big as I am ;)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    With daylight savings time, we spent all weekend outside. Me and my crew are looking forward to the spring, summer, and fall, because we LOVE hiking. :)
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Love hiking! Just started with my son in the fall when camping and planning some trips right now in the Carolinas. Probably will revisit Linville Falls. So pretty and since my son is 4 he loves being around the water. It's the perfect time of year to go!
  • redterpmd
    redterpmd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the Billygoat trail is great! That's cool that you can go right after work.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My bf and doggy love it too :) We are working on off-leash training with her and she's so good about staying right with us. It makes steep/rocky stuff much easier to traverse when you're not attached to a pup on a leash! I live in southwest Va so there are trails eeeeverywhere.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hiking is without a doubt my favorite form of exercise. Probably the only one I'd do even if it weren't good for me. Especially hiking in the mountains. There is nothing as satisfying as reaching the spectacular view at the top of a mountain, or as my grandson puts it, at the top of the world.

We've only been able to get in 2 hikes so far in 2012, including 2 hours yesterday. But this week looks promising for 2-3 after work hikes.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love hiking. I am definitely going to be enjoying more of the trails in my 'hood this year! :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Love it! I go out hiking almost every day. I live in Virginia, right along the border of Shenandoah National Park. :-)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    So much it's part of my name! Just need to wait for the snow to melt before I can really hit the trails, but in the meantime I've started my journey of 1,000 miles yesterday, wherein I ride my bike at least 1,000 miles before I have to retire it next winter. Temps are getting warmer and the one positive of daylight saving is more light after work, so even though I hate waking up in the dark, I'll take it so I can ride in the evening.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Love it! I go out hiking almost every day. I live in Virginia, right along the border of Shenandoah National Park. :-)

Neat! I'm just 10 minutes away from Jefferson National.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I just started about a month or so ago. I'm a cyclist, but my grandkids have been living with me since November and I can't ride. Nowhere to leave them. So I started hiking so they could go too. They love it. We've really been enjoying it. I live in Nevada so I can go desert or mountain, or sometimes even both on the same hike. I'm finding that I really enjoy it. And I can still challenge myself. I look at a big hill or mountain and think, hmmm...wonder if I can climb that. The three year old isn't as excited about those sorts of things and not only have I "climbed that", I've climbed it alternately dragging, and carrying a small kid.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I went to Zion National Park last month and hiked for 3 days. I thought I would freeze, being that I'm from Florida, but the weather was beautiful! I'm hooked and ready to go again!
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yes! We had an glorious sunny day yesterday, so we out for a 7 hour hike in the Peak District (the oldest national park in the UK) - it was awesome! And I don't even ache today, that's a NSV if ever I saw one...

Here's a little glimpse of our lovely countryside (if it works?):

Edit: Nope, can't work it out :grumble:

OK, one more go?

110_0372.jpg

YAY! :bigsmile:
  • emilystamp
    Options
    I love it! I live in Rhode Island and there is a ton of great trails here, although not too much in the ways of elevation. Last summer some friends and myself did Franconia Ridge in the White Mountains in New Hampshire. Its 9 miles up and across 3 mountains, the last mountain is the highest elevation at 5260ft. It was my first mountain hike (one of the hardest in NH) and the most rewarding thing I have ever done! Going up is all incline and although intense, it is an amazing cardio and leg workout. Coming down was 100 times harder for me because I wasn't wearing the right socks or shoes and thought my toes were going to break off, but you live and you learn. I am doing it again this summer and cannot wait!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Colorado is an amazing place for hiking, and I love it!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.
    I love hiking.