Birth Order & Personality

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    I, FOR SURE, am an Alpha Dominant first born (first to survive, anyway). I am meticulous and aggressive. You want it done and done right? I'm your gal.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 313 Member
    I'm a typical last born and It's as if they wrote about my first born to describe first borns in general
  • *doesn't like the negatives about middle borns so I will just skip away and act like I never saw it*
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Although I am a middle born the age difference between me and the eldest is about 22 years thus for the most part in the house I am the oldest thus I am very driven and am not that much of a people pleaser -however- I do sometimes defer the things that I want in order for things to run more smoothly in my house but now that I'm getting older this is starting to subside because I want more things for my life and I'm not going to get it by trying to have things be all nice and well all the time.
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    With my mom's children I'm middle-born and I'm last-born with my father's children...the description of a middle-born person fits me best.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Yeah when I studied psychology, we discussed Adler's theories of this and I've always thought they were pretty relevant and relatively accurate. It kind of makes sense that they would be. As for me, I'm first born, and I think that's pretty applicable to me, hopefully my competence matches my ego one of these days. :wink: My brother in the middle has all the positive but little of the negative of the middle born. My youngest brother pretty much epitomizes the youngest sibling characteristics, too (though I'd say I do more of the bored thing than he does, he's just a little bit lazier.).
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    I skipped immediately to the "last borns." Probably my short attention span. It says I'm extroverted. It couldn't be more wrong.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    last born is me! Its somewhat accurate! I'm not really a people person but I am a great cheerleader and motivator!
  • *First-borns*

Positives: They are natural leaders and often high achievers. The majority of politicians, spokespersons and managing directors are first-borns. They frequently live with a sense of entitlement and even superiority. They often come in two flavours: compliant nurturers/caregivers or aggressive movers and shakers.

Both are in control; they just use different methods. As a rule, first-borns are picky, precise people - they pay attention to detail - tend to be punctual, organised, and competent. They want to see things done right the first time. They don't like surprises.

Negatives: They are often moody and occasionally lack sensitivity. They can be intimidating, particularly by pushing people too hard or refusing to take no for an answer.
    Sometimes they can be a bit 'know-it-all', and often they are poor at delegating - largely because they don't trust other people as much as they trust themselves. They also tend to be bossy, perfectionists and overly-conscientious.

This is me!! I am the nuturer/caregiver....hence, why I am a nurse and a mother of 4!!

I also get into trouble with my husband because I never ask for help, I always want to do things myself....then I get overwhelmed for everything I am doing on my own.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Middle child here- and that definitely fits me!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    This is really interesting. I am definitely a Middle Born.

I constantly tell my mom I have the "middle child syndrome" :laugh:

I'd say the first born fits my brother to a T and the last born fits my sister to a T

My fiance is a only born and that description fits him really well.

Very interesting.

Now the question is...Should we have two kids like we planned or have 3 so we can have one of each type? :huh: :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    I skipped immediately to the "last borns." Probably my short attention span. It says I'm extroverted. It couldn't be more wrong.

Would not have pegged you for an introvert with the feather boa around your neck...unless you are being facetious? :tongue:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Since I'm a last born it says I should be an extrovert, but in fact I am a complete introvert!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    I'm a last-born but definitely fit the only-born description more. My nearest sibling is 7 years older than me so I was sort of raised as an only.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    I'm the baby, and I definitely come close to the description.
  • I am a first born and the discription is right on the money!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    I, FOR SURE, am an Alpha Dominant first born (first to survive, anyway). I am meticulous and aggressive. You want it done and done right? I'm your gal.
    Outstanding..... sounds like you make a great sammich!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Who says we introverts can't wear feather boas!!!?!?!?!?!???
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    hmmm it described me to a T - I am the baby of the house.
  • tashjs21
    Who says we introverts can't wear feather boas!!!?!?!?!?!???

Touché! :drinker: